PDA

View Full Version : Any coder available?

randoman
10-23-2011, 01:21 PM
Hey guys,

I 'm trying to built a custom tbdev (preferably) bittorrent tracker. The thing is i have little knowledge in coding but me and my friend are full of unique and radical ideas. We're something like an IDEAbank but with no means to make them reality. So i thought i should at least bother to ask if there is any available coder here? I would say i'll pay (because i'm willing to) but then all the freelancers will be on my ass. I've paid endless times and got nothing (half-done jobs) so this time..i'll start with nothing and at the end of the PROJECT (not a job) there might be a huge..donation.

The thing is..it ain't no simple copy paste stuff, we have ideas that do not exist anywhere on code. So whats in for you is that you can then take all the "end product" and start an international tracker that will simply rock! We want this tracker to be country specific and we have no desire to compete any major tracker scene or not. We only want a great, secure, automated, community based tracker.

Also just for the record i've run a tracker for almost two years now but its nowhere close to what i want. imagine FSC (with that nice funspace thingie) blown away in compare to this. No disrespect Retro or anyone else..

Artemis
10-23-2011, 07:23 PM
So just to get things straight before this thread turns into the inevitable slagfest:
1. You and your friend sit around and bong it up and come up with a bank of radical ideas
2. You would like a coder to custom build an automated site (based on TBDev) so that you can then run it yourself, for which he might receive a donation once the project is complete.
3. You have already run a tracker for two years but it isn't close to what you want. At this point I have to ask what about the current coder or did he fuck off when the magical donation didn't appear ?
4. You want the 'nice funspace thingie' but better. No disrespect to Retro, one of the major contributors to the TBDev source code and a contributor of many addon modules and scripts, even though you don't know how to code yourself.

So in summation, you're an idiot.

Night0wl
10-23-2011, 09:17 PM
You might think coding is easy, but have often thought something would be easy to implement, program, and then my programmer spends maybe 4 hours figuring out how to implement it (that's not counting the occasional bug that can arise). These are all things I would (with my limited coding knowledge) consider original but easy to implement.

Noone is going to do the work for you for free, unless being highly involved in the running of the site after it's done. Paid for or not. Because what you would consider a huge donation, wouldn't even cover minimum wage for the time implementing your IDEAbank. Seriously, throw out a number what you consider a huge donation for creating a site from scratch.

Xizie
10-24-2011, 02:16 AM
I'll be happy to code for you. I'm highly experienced with PHP, Pearl, Python, and AS3. I could easily code up anything that you want, and I don't even need a donation.

Night0wl
10-24-2011, 02:48 AM
I'll be happy to code for you. I'm highly experienced with PHP, Pearl, Python, and AS3. I could easily code up anything that you want, and I don't even need a donation.

I thought you had a wife. what does she say to you spending hour upon hours working for free, and especially for a site where they get the site when done and you just get a copy of the code for own use?

Oh and didn't you despise private bittorent mentality? http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/437986-My-thoughts-on-the-private-BitTorrent-community.

randoman
10-24-2011, 04:44 AM
So just to get things straight before this thread turns into the inevitable slagfest:
1. You and your friend sit around and bong it up and come up with a bank of radical ideas
2. You would like a coder to custom build an automated site (based on TBDev) so that you can then run it yourself, for which he might receive a donation once the project is complete.
3. You have already run a tracker for two years but it isn't close to what you want. At this point I have to ask what about the current coder or did he fuck off when the magical donation didn't appear ?
4. You want the 'nice funspace thingie' but better. No disrespect to Retro, one of the major contributors to the TBDev source code and a contributor of many addon modules and scripts, even though you don't know how to code yourself.

2. I have no problem with the coder staying around once it's done if he wants to. Are you stupid? It's just that i want it to be country specific so he won't be interested..that is what i thought. OFC he can stay.
3. No you fricking idiot. I tried coding it myself, read some guides, book entry level html, php, mysql etc. Plus i had a helping hand for free from a friend but i had to keep pushing things all the time to get a thing done.
4. I seriously mean that. Retro has given a lot in concept and in code and i ain't planning on disrespecting him at all. Full credits will appear and everything.
5. Just so you know..the tracker i had for 2+ years didn't even had a donate.php...it was all on me. server + seedboxes.

randoman
10-24-2011, 04:47 AM
You might think coding is easy, but have often thought something would be easy to implement, program, and then my programmer spends maybe 4 hours figuring out how to implement it (that's not counting the occasional bug that can arise). These are all things I would (with my limited coding knowledge) consider original but easy to implement.

Noone is going to do the work for you for free, unless being highly involved in the running of the site after it's done. Paid for or not. Because what you would consider a huge donation, wouldn't even cover minimum wage for the time implementing your IDEAbank. Seriously, throw out a number what you consider a huge donation for creating a site from scratch.

Well until now i've paid around 500-1000 euros and i have 4-5 tbdev and gazelle sources half done. So if i get a complete source i could easily and gratefully give at least another 500 euros.

Funkin'
10-24-2011, 05:22 AM
I thought you had a wife. what does she say to you spending hour upon hours working for free

Trust me, she's cool with it. After all she's being well taken care of when hubby is away playing.

cibu
10-24-2011, 05:37 AM
Noone is going to do the work for you for free

haha

n00bz0r
10-24-2011, 11:12 AM
So far, Plumber(s): 1 | Coder(s): 0

bijoy
10-24-2011, 03:04 PM
No disrespect Retro or anyone else..

Who are you to disrespect retro? As a n00b in coding, you have no 'right' to respect retro, simply because he was one of the very few coders who made & converted bt to what you see now. :angry:

n00bz0r
10-24-2011, 04:25 PM

Who are you to disrespect retro? As a n00b in coding, you have no 'right' to respect retro, simply because he was one of the very few coders who made & converted bt to what you see now. :angry:
I think you're going overboard with that one.

KFlint
10-24-2011, 04:44 PM

Go take your pills now... :wacko:

Night0wl
10-24-2011, 05:32 PM

Well until now i've paid around 500-1000 euros and i have 4-5 tbdev and gazelle sources half done. So if i get a complete source i could easily and gratefully give at least another 500 euros.

Might depend on where in the world, but here 500 euros wouldn't be enough to pay someone working as a cashier for 1 week/40 hours work, let alone someone with the mad coding skillz. Maybe 16-20 hours tops. So really any donation would be far from HUGE.

IdolEyes787
10-24-2011, 05:36 PM

You mean filled with a lot of insincere, illiterate,level obsessed teens?

OK thanks for that.Just don't expect a Christmas card or anything.

Artemis
10-24-2011, 07:45 PM

2. I have no problem with the coder staying around once it's done if he wants to. Are you stupid? It's just that i want it to be country specific so he won't be interested..that is what i thought. OFC he can stay.
3. No you fricking idiot. I tried coding it myself, read some guides, book entry level html, php, mysql etc. Plus i had a helping hand for free from a friend but i had to keep pushing things all the time to get a thing done.
4. I seriously mean that. Retro has given a lot in concept and in code and i ain't planning on disrespecting him at all. Full credits will appear and everything.
5. Just so you know..the tracker i had for 2+ years didn't even had a donate.php...it was all on me. server + seedboxes.

I find it interesting that you ask me if I am stupid, considering the rather moronic first post you managed to dribble all over this forum. Why for instance did you not post such a request at the tbdev forums for a start ?

Also if you had administered a tracker for two years you would know that coding is an ongoing process, patches and updates need to be applied all the time, so an automated site is a fallacy. Now I know this because I know some coders, including those who code for bt sites and forums
Your IDEAbank makes you sound like an immature teen, it isn't the idea, it is viability and implementation that are key, both of which you seem to be sadly lacking....

I harken back to my original summation: You're an idiot.

sez
10-24-2011, 10:42 PM

I find it interesting that you ask me if I am stupid, considering the rather moronic first post you managed to dribble all over this forum. Why for instance did you not post such a request at the tbdev forums for a start ?

Also if you had administered a tracker for two years you would know that coding is an ongoing process, patches and updates need to be applied all the time, so an automated site is a fallacy. Now I know this because I know some coders, including those who code for bt sites and forums
Your IDEAbank makes you sound like an immature teen, it isn't the idea, it is viability and implementation that are key, both of which you seem to be sadly lacking....

no offense but there is nothing interesting about him asking you if you are stupid.It's actually a very valid question.Just look at all those lines of gibberish you've spattered in this thread and you'll come to the same conclusion that you actually might be stupid.Did you even read the thread title?
and wtf is this?
Your IDEAbank makes you sound like an immature teen, it isn't the idea...it is viability and implementation that are key, both of which you seem to be sadly lacking....
it is always the idea you trolling dipshit.seriously?
http://i.imgur.com/GJsFT.png

Artemis
10-25-2011, 01:01 AM
I've missed you too sez :glagpinch:

bijoy
10-25-2011, 05:04 AM
[QUOTE=Artemis;3622230]
it is always the idea you trolling dipshit.seriously?

I missed that point, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered ro reply here in the first place.

Artemis
10-25-2011, 05:29 AM
[QUOTE=sez;3622267]

I missed that point, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered ro reply here in the first place.

Well we could always resurrect your post history if you want bijoy ?

cinephilia
10-25-2011, 11:53 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/dwrtb8.jpg

bijoy
10-25-2011, 01:14 PM
[QUOTE=bijoy;3622307]

Well we could always resurrect your post history if you want bijoy ?

That will be more than funny.

http://i56.tinypic.com/dwrtb8.jpg

Superlike. :thumbsup:

Quarterquack
10-25-2011, 04:13 PM

Why is the fucking twat even around?
He's been singled out for cheating on trackers, lying in threads to make his e-peen seem a little bigger, called an idiot hundreds of times (I take credit for 95% of those instances, thank you), and yet he keeps coming back?

bijoy
10-26-2011, 06:41 AM
reason:
Bringing trolls out from under the bridge since '99

scrappen
10-26-2011, 03:10 PM
reason:
Bringing trolls out from under the bridge since '99

bijoy, are you who i think you are, or have i mistaken you for another troll?

bijoy
10-27-2011, 01:54 PM
^ Nice complement. Thanks.
And its more than fascinating to see you post at only those threads in which I post with your awesome thinking power. I wonder whether your CapsLock key in your keyboard is broken or not because of excessive shouting. :unsure:
I'm surprised to see that you are yet to send a hatred message. Kool. Do you really look like the creature in your avatar?

brento
10-27-2011, 03:17 PM

just shut up and let him find his coder

anon
10-27-2011, 05:11 PM
And its more than fascinating to see you post at only those threads in which I post with your awesome thinking power. I wonder whether your CapsLock key in your keyboard is broken or not because of excessive shouting. :unsure:
I'm surprised to see that you are yet to send a hatred message. Kool. Do you really look like the creature in your avatar?

Your post managed to momentarily confuse me.

scrappen
10-27-2011, 07:03 PM

I didn't understand much of what you wrote, but from what i can gather it seems like you're not who i thought you were.

mjmacky
10-27-2011, 07:41 PM

-complement is used for when someone or something matches another, as if it wasn't complete before it; compliment is used to praise or flatter someone
-functioning keyboards are used for typing characters, voices are used for shouting. The shift key can be used in lieu of the CapsLock key
-you could say "hate message" or "message of hatred"
-cool is spelled with a 'c'
-I actually look like a facsimile of the person depicted in my avatar, would you care to comment on that?

Artemis
10-27-2011, 07:52 PM

just shut up and let him find his coder

What an excellent idea! I mean this forum is just loaded with coders after all, and not spotty teens who haven't been laid yet trying to be l33t through an internet pseudonym.
While we are at it, the tbdev forum might as well shut down because all the coders hang out here!
Your post is spam, it contributes zero to the thread while I at least suggested posting on the tbdev forums, I just think most coders will be lying around laughing when the IDEAbank gets rolled out, but you never know.....

Pwner101
11-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Why not post a few of your simple ideas... and see if anyones willing to code it.
More coders hang out here than you would think...
I can think of at least 100 or so that I have seen post here in the last year that code in tbdev/tbsource all the time.

Having a finished site... is as someone said previously... impossible. Everytime you think your done... you either have bugs to fix, scripts to improve, or new ideas to code. I have been coding in tbsource since the original and I do mean original TB site was alive.
I have yet to run out of new ideas to add to my code to make it more secure and more improved. I add new features to my site on a weekly basis and I could add more if it didn't take so long to test and design etc... all the code.