PDA

View Full Version : Internet scouring - extracting identity from just an email address?

dvdasacd
10-25-2011, 04:46 PM
Hi folks - I'm sure some of you might be knowledgeable on such matters as these - if I have an email address (it's not a pirate user it's a rl person), and desperately need to find out their identity via any means possible (including paid services but I know there's many free ways), what techniques do you know of?

I know of facebook searching, skype contacts search, and more, but any ideas that I may not have thought of?

I have been extremely exhaustive but maybe there's more. I'm desperate. and no I'm not so desperate that I will resort to hacking or direct contact social engineering or anything ;) - just nifty searching of the deep web (information not found by google) whose access most people aren't aware of...

I can be PM'ed if you don't want to share a method in public. thanks
dvd

edit: if it helps, I'm not doing anything questionable (stalking etc), I am consolidating a rl mailing list I'm working on and have several emails without a name attached to the customer and it's increxdibly annoying!

megabyteme
10-26-2011, 02:21 AM
Stalker.

mjmacky
10-26-2011, 06:24 AM
I'm going to go ahead and save you the work. That female you've been talking to is in fact a 48 year old plump man. You were likely never going to find that out through the investigation as he probably created it using some anonymization method and doesn't register to it for anything personal. Helpful information, like the domain, won't even be necessary because I guarantee it's not a she, "she" isn't 19 and taut, and "she" isn't living off a trust fund going to spring break "like oh my god every week".

megabyteme
10-26-2011, 07:04 AM
So, does this mean the 48 year old plump man I've been chatting up is really a 19 year old female living off a trust fund? :w00t:

I suspected something was up when "he" said he had to go to cheer leading practice every day.

mjmacky
10-26-2011, 02:55 PM
So, does this mean the 48 year old plump man I've been chatting up is really a 19 year old female living off a trust fund? :w00t:

Unfortunately not

I suspected something was up when "he" said he had to go to cheer leading practice every day.

This is something such 48 year old plump men like to do, it's purely observation and perhaps a little masturbation. It's all in fun until you're spotted.

tesco
10-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Simplest solution is to send an email to the address in question and ask what their name is. If it's for a customer of yours it would look incredibly bad to be stalking the person, which they'll realize after you've magically come up with their name, if that's even possible.

mjmacky
10-26-2011, 11:13 PM
If it's for a customer of yours

Either way, it seems like it would be unsolicited given the nature of OP's request. Otherwise, he would have sent out a mass email describing the situation, "customers" knowing if they had any interactions with his "business" would have responded appropriately. It's also a little fishy to ask for this advice on a file-share-related forum.

megabyteme
10-27-2011, 12:17 AM
Unfortunately not

This is something such 48 year old plump men like to do, it's purely observation and perhaps a little masturbation. It's all in fun until you're spotted.

Kinda saddens me to find my sole mate isn't a 19 yo cheerleader with lots of cash. :( Oh well, at least I've found someone in my own age group who shares many common interests, and physical characteristics.

I'm late for cheer leading practice (probably missed all the good vantage points seats by now). Bye. :wave:

Artemis
10-27-2011, 05:20 AM
Simplest solution is to send an email to the address in question and ask what their name is. If it's for a customer of yours it would look incredibly bad to be stalking the person, which they'll realize after you've magically come up with their name, if that's even possible.

Or you could tell them they have won a prize and if they just fill out this simple form.....

mjmacky
10-27-2011, 06:15 AM
Kinda saddens me to find my sole mate isn't a 19 yo cheerleader with lots of cash. :( Oh well, at least I've found someone in my own age group who shares many common interests, and physical characteristics.

I'm late for cheer leading practice (probably missed all the good vantage points seats by now). Bye. :wave:

I'd just count my stars it wasn't a skinny 29 year old New York Russian Jew whose covered in moles.
You hold the seats, I'll bring the binoculars. I heard about one that looks particularly rapey

megabyteme
10-27-2011, 08:28 PM
You hold the seats, I'll bring the binoculars. I heard about one that looks particularly rapey

Why would I need to hang with that other guy, when I've got you? Heck, as a show of goodwill, I'll bring the ski masks and duct tape this go around. :w00t:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYqpi2tNAC0