PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis Cardinals!!! 2011 World Series Champions!!!!

mr. nails
10-29-2011, 04:56 AM
I want to thank all that made this happen!

Go CARDS!!!

Funkin'
10-29-2011, 06:00 AM
I'm not a fan of either team but I wanted the Rangers to win since they haven't won a World Series title ever. Ever! Well that and I've been a fan of Nolan Ryan ever since I was a wee lad.

This series was excellent though. I love it when they go the full seven games. And last nights game(6) was especially entertaining. Texas should have won but Cards just kept on coming back. I actually thought they were going to pull it off tonight since they got off to such a hot start scoring two runs in the top of the first, but Cards came back with two runs of their own at the bottom. And Texas just could not score anymore.

I wonder what Pujols is going to do now. I can't really see him any other uniform than St. Louis.

Anyways, I always hate it when a sport season(that I watch) ends. Football season is so short and it's looking more and more likely that we're not going to have a basketball season.

IdolEyes787
10-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Game six was certainly one for the ages and if you are a Cards fan as close to sporting nirvana as you are probably ever going to get.

Although I agree with Funkin' a win for Texas would have been a little more cosmically satisfying ,I am of the opinion that Pujois is one of the nicest human beings on the planet so I'm not feeling any sour grapes about St Louis winning.
.........................................................................................................................................

"That's the beauty of baseball you can't take a knee and run the clock out. You can't foul the worst free throw shooter on the other team. You've got to get all the outs. That's why I love this game!" -former Yankee Aaron Boone

Of course he's conveniently missing the fact that you can (and frequently do) walk the other teams best hitters in critical situations.:mellow:

megabyteme
10-30-2011, 01:28 AM
I want to thank all that made this happen!

Go CARDS!!!

You are welcome, nails.

Funkin'
10-30-2011, 03:36 AM
"That's the beauty of baseball you can't take a knee and run the clock out. You can't foul the worst free throw shooter on the other team. You've got to get all the outs. That's why I love this game!" -former Yankee Aaron Boone

I never looked at it like that, that's pretty good. And you're right, Idol. Pitchers do deliberately walk good hitters(it happened in this series), but I don't see that happen nearly as much as intentional knees or fouls in football/basketball.

Anyways Napoli is the man on the Rangers that gets my respect. Anyone that can 90 degree his ankle when running to the bag then just get right back up and continue with the game is a bad mother fucker in my book. I cringed just seeing it.