PDA

View Full Version : Grimm

IdolEyes787
10-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Considering the shows creators and the press releases I had highish hopes for show to be a decent combination of thrills and comedy but so far it seems a little too familiar and too earnest for my liking.

I did think that the art direction was among the best I've ever seen on TV and the Portland location really worked effectively to enhance the "storybook" feel.So I guess whether Grimm is merely fixer-upper with a fresh coat of paint or something really worth investing in is yet to be determined.

johhny
10-29-2011, 02:24 PM
the trailer caught me up...i;m looking forward to see the 1st episode...i;ll wait for a web-dl or a better HDTV encode :)

JebusAT
10-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Peaked my interest enough to wait and watch the second episode...will decide to continue to watch it if it is good, but I think it won't be hehe

IdolEyes787
10-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Peaked my interest enough to wait and watch the second episode...will decide to continue to watch it if it is good, but I think it won't be hehe

I agree.I'm not a fan of shows that exist merely to pad out some lame mythology that I wasn't too enamoured about to begin with.
Also none of the actors really scream "star" to me. The lead David Giuntoli (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1365912/)reminds me of Brandon Routh which isn't exactly a compliment.:mellow:

mjmacky
10-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Peaked my interest

For future reference, it's "piqued". Not trying to be a dick, unless you did it intentionally. Take it as an act of good will.

When I heard the radio advert for this, my thought was, "find a different fucking mythos!". We've already explored these too many times, constantly trying to reinvent the image of these fairy tale characters to the point that who gives a fuck they were ever created. How about something a little less explored.

Burnsy
10-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Also none of the actors really scream "star" to me.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode even though I was a bit dubious about what to expect. The old 'mythology' and fairytale side of things left me wondering if it was gonna end up being Buffy-esque (and I couldn't stand Buffy) but I was pleasantly surprised. The first episode has certainly done enough to show that the characters can develop further, not least with Nick discovering what the whole Grimm business is all about.

I think the fact none of the actors screamed "star" was a good thing in so far as I wasn't left with any preconceived ideas about previous roles they played and then comparing them to their current roles... I'm looking forward to episode 2 already, and hope it builds successfully on what was a very decent premier :)

IdolEyes787
10-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Buffy was the best show ever.
In the annals of TV history the list goes something like 1.Buffy 2.The Sopranos 3. Seinfeld 4.Buffy reruns 5. Arrested Development 6.All in the Family 7. E.R. 8. SNL for the year or so it was funny 8.The Twilight Zone 9.M*A*S*H*10. Louie

mjmacky
10-29-2011, 10:00 PM
In the annals of TV history the list goes something like 1.Buffy 2.The Sopranos 3. Seinfeld 4.Buffy reruns 5. Arrested Development 6.All in the Family 7. E.R. 8. SNL for the year or so it was funny 8.The Twilight Zone 9.M*A*S*H*10. Louie

I would have expected 10. Grimm (ep 1) 11. Louie
a missed opportunity there.

Also, ugh on the Sopranos. I've never been a big opera fan anyway.

Edit: I feel Arrested Development is too far down on your list

IdolEyes787
10-29-2011, 10:55 PM
Edit: I feel Arrested Development is too far down on your list

If it's of any comfort, it was random.:idunno:

Also the opportunity wasn't missed as the game's still afoot.

Btw that make any sense to you as I personally can't see how a game could be a foot?

Artemis
10-30-2011, 01:04 AM

What a sad list you made... you don't get out much do you ?

mjmacky
10-30-2011, 02:45 AM
Btw that make any sense to you as I personally can't see how a game could be a foot?

It's an Imperial measurement, it's not supposed to make sense

megabyteme
10-30-2011, 02:57 AM

It's an Imperial measurement, it's not supposed to make sense

So true.

I am an aspiring wood worker, and I have even attempted to make everything metric on some projects- Imperial is so embedded in the States that even that becomes a mess trying to convert plans, grabbing a tool, etc. Seriously, when will our educational system collapse to the point where students will be entirely incapable of working with fractions, and we will finally join the rest of the world with metric? :frusty:

Artemis
10-30-2011, 04:30 AM
When is a nose not a nose ?

When it's a foot!

:drummer:

IdolEyes787
10-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Also none of the actors really scream "star" to me.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode even though I was a bit dubious about what to expect. The old 'mythology' and fairytale side of things left me wondering if it was gonna end up being Buffy-esque (and I couldn't stand Buffy) but I was pleasantly surprised. The first episode has certainly done enough to show that the characters can develop further, not least with Nick discovering what the whole Grimm business is all about.

I think the fact none of the actors screamed "star" was a good thing in so far as I wasn't left with any preconceived ideas about previous roles they played and then comparing them to their current roles..

I was talking star quality not whether they were recognizable. Someone with "star quality " holds your interest even when not much is going on.

Burnsy
10-30-2011, 01:13 PM
I was talking star quality not whether they were recognizable. Someone with "star quality " holds your interest even when not much is going on.

Ah, gotcha... and yeah, I see your point too.

I'm still gonna stay pretty open minded about it as there's still plenty of time for the characters, and of course the actors, to develop... and I've hope that the storyline's are enough to maintain an interest. I'm actually looking forward to them :)

As an aside, I've just realised the show was created by David Greenwalt and Jim Kouf... no wonder it kinda struck me as being Buffy-esque :lol:

FFAxDAVID
11-16-2011, 09:52 AM
must admit after 1st episode i thought its just like half dozen others out there in the past,and ep2-3 didnt make me change my thoughts on it,but at same time i watched it to ep3,so it must be a formula that works to a certain degree....

IdolEyes787
11-16-2011, 02:09 PM
must admit after 1st episode i thought its just like half dozen others out there in the past,and ep2-3 didnt make me change my thoughts on it,but at same time i watched it to ep3,so it must be a formula that works to a certain degree....

Actually it's growing on me.I still think most of the characters are total duds but there could be something there in the show's mythology.

Burnsy
11-27-2011, 02:26 PM

Actually it's growing on me.I still think most of the characters are total duds but there could be something there in the show's mythology.

That's what's keeping me watching too. Also, after the latest episode I'm quite intrigued as to where things are going to go with David and his boss... Am still giving the characters a chance, only been 4 episodes yet, and I've a sneaky feeling something's gonna develop pretty soon the way Episode 4 ended

Burnsy
11-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Dunno if anyone's interested or not, but there's a link on the Grimm web page that outlines the Grimm Fairytale each episode is loosely based on. Might fill a few minutes if you're as bored as I've been :lol:

http://www.nbc.com/grimm/grimm-guide/2011/11/lonelyhearts/

Etcomment
12-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Grimm is one of the Good Tv show IN persent