PDA

View Full Version : hey im a noob!

blackhimaru
10-29-2011, 04:27 PM
not sure where to post but im a noob to this forum looking for some stuff and need a little help if some one could please help me that would be great

anon
10-29-2011, 09:43 PM
need a little help

mjmacky
10-29-2011, 10:04 PM
I think he just wants to know where to make his first post, and to that I'll answer "in that thread".

megabyteme
10-30-2011, 12:41 AM
Sorry, many of us are helpful around here, but we simply cannot offer you the kind of help you need. You mention needing to find "stuff"- any chance a local pharmacist could help? They are often good with "things" that itch, and are swollen, or blistered. Or, if you are implying illicit drugs, chances are you've found a good community, but then again shipping costs get ridiculous, and Feds seem pretty adept at reading return mail addresses. I know for one, I feel bad enough for the last time my 87 year old neighbor got raided.

So, there you have it, we are helpful, just not with "stuff" you are likely looking for. Let us know sometime if you are looking for snarky answers- there we can assist 24/7.

blackhimaru
10-30-2011, 05:27 AM
no what I needed help with is I am looking for some veitnamese movie and don't know where to find them ben dong nuoc is one of them there seems to be no torrents anywhere for them. by the way I like the last post about the drug raid well thought out and pharmacy lol

megabyteme
10-30-2011, 05:42 AM
Welcome, blackhimaru. Glad I could give you a chuckle!

Now that you have specified what you need help with, there is a good chance someone will be able to point you in the right direction. Your first post wasn't taken seriously because we do get quite a few new members here who simply throw out a number of worthless posts (such as "Hi, I'm new here") without any real intent of interaction- they are simply trying to make these posts to gain access to a section where they can request invites to other sites.

Good luck. I hope someone here has access to Vietnamese movies, or knows where to get them.

Gatsu-Kun
10-30-2011, 05:40 PM
Welcome, blackhimaru. Glad I could give you a chuckle!

Now that you have specified what you need help with, there is a good chance someone will be able to point you in the right direction. Your first post wasn't taken seriously because we do get quite a few new members here who simply throw out a number of worthless posts (such as "Hi, I'm new here") without any real intent of interaction- they are simply trying to make these posts to gain access to a section where they can request invites to other sites.

Good luck. I hope someone here has access to Vietnamese movies, or knows where to get them.

Damn, that was straight-forward but helpful. I guess most new posters here are considered insincere?

megabyteme
10-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Damn, that was straight-forward but helpful. I guess most new posters here are considered insincere?

It really depends on what the poster has to say, but far too often, yes. We have quite a few sections, and a lot of old, active threads in them. Too many of these threads are filled with posts (in the case of "What was the last movie you watched, and what did you think of it?") that amount to nothing more than "Horrible Bosses 10/10", or "Bad Teacher Great movie." There are also a lot of threads that are simply used by members hoping to build a post-count.

And, don't get me wrong- new members are VERY welcome. Give us someone who enjoys the content available (movies, books, music, games, etc.) and can string together an occasional paragraph on what they actually think about the content will find themselves in very good company. Heck, you don't even need to care about media content- just have an occasional thought, and you'll be welcomed.

Hope that helps. :)

Gatsu-Kun
10-30-2011, 08:28 PM

It really depends on what the poster has to say, but far too often, yes. We have quite a few sections, and a lot of old, active threads in them. Too many of these threads are filled with posts (in the case of "What was the last movie you watched, and what did you think of it?") that amount to nothing more than "Horrible Bosses 10/10", or "Bad Teacher Great movie." There are also a lot of threads that are simply used by members hoping to build a post-count.

And, don't get me wrong- new members are VERY welcome. Give us someone who enjoys the content available (movies, books, music, games, etc.) and can string together an occasional paragraph on what they actually think about the content will find themselves in very good company. Heck, you don't even need to care about media content- just have an occasional thought, and you'll be welcomed.

Hope that helps. :)

I understand where you're coming from. I'm sure over the years you've seen it a lot. People who join FST with agendas that leave as quickly as they came when their mission is fulfilled. The quality of their posts and their overall activity is usually a good indicator of that. Trust me when I say, I get that.

However, I cant say that we don't all join with agendas. For instance, I joined FST because I have a love for all forms of media and entertainment. Lately, the economy has been terrible and I've had to cut back on the luxuries. So, I started researching alternate ways of still enjoying media and I came across a world of knowledge. It was overwhelming; and I wanted to know much more. So, being the type of man I am, I've joined this community hoping that I could learn and also share my enjoyment with others that have similar interests.

In the end, I know combing through the many useful threads and recognizing the helpful and insightful people will take time. But that's the reason I joined. I consider this a journey and not just a sprint. Nonetheless, my main purpose for responding was because I found it humorous, how bluntly you addressed the "real" reason why he was here. It struck me that the engrained members of FST might find all our posts agenda-laden. But I'm glad you set the record straight.

chalice
10-30-2011, 10:36 PM
Excuse me while I fucking vomit, please.

Gatsu-Kun
10-30-2011, 11:21 PM

Did I cause that? lol

But seriously, it may come off cloying, but it's true. Nonetheless, I can accept your cynicism.

megabyteme
10-30-2011, 11:49 PM

Gatsu-

Allow me to introduce chavis. He is unloved. Actually, he lives under a staircase, and only occasionally receives human contact of any kind. Well, that is when a rare finger accidentally grazes his pallid skin while granting him a necessary meal of table scraps, stale bread, and water. That would be the extent of his existence, but you can see, he's got uncontrolled rage issues, so only to calm him, his caregivers allow him a quart of cheap whiskey. He also has internet access, but is only allowed to use the keyboard while he is intoxicated.

Hopefully, you will find sympathy in your heart for such a misunderstood creature...

Gatsu-Kun
10-31-2011, 12:55 AM

Gatsu-

Allow me to introduce chavis. He is unloved. Actually, he lives under a staircase, and only occasionally receives human contact of any kind. Well, that is when a rare finger accidentally grazes his pallid skin while granting him a necessary meal of table scraps, stale bread, and water. That would be the extent of his existence, but you can see, he's got uncontrolled rage issues, so only to calm him, his caregivers allow him a quart of cheap whiskey. He also has internet access, but is only allowed to use the keyboard while he is intoxicated.

Hopefully, you will find sympathy in your heart for such a misunderstood creature...

Lol, I'm sure we'll make friends soon enough. I believe in second, third, and fourth impressions. Truthfully, I can imagine why he felt nauseous. I sound like an ABC Family character.

megabyteme
10-31-2011, 02:17 AM

:lol:

blackhimaru
10-31-2011, 03:09 AM
you guys/girls are a riot I think this is more amusing than watching a onelegged blind retard run a marathon

megabyteme
10-31-2011, 03:18 AM
you guys/girls are a riot I think this is more amusing than watching a onelegged blind retard run a marathon

Apparently, you've identified Darth Ring's through his posts. Well spotted!

Quarterquack
10-31-2011, 03:25 AM

Apparently, you've identified Darth Ring's through his posts. Well spotted!

I think he was talking about your sister's most recent boyfriend. Poor chap didn't stop running till he hit the ocean.

megabyteme
10-31-2011, 03:30 AM
I've actually got a half-sister, and from what I understand, she was pretty popular in high school. Heck, I'd probably woulda banged the unrelated half. :P

So don't tell me my sister isn't hot, you blind, one-legged retard. :snooty:

Quarterquack
10-31-2011, 04:04 AM
Now you're just jealous that I can run a marathon, while the only thing you run is out of bigmacs.

megabyteme
10-31-2011, 04:51 AM
Running is over-rated. And Double Quarter Pounders are superior to Big Macs- as I am to you. :tease:

Stic - Champion

And J-Dye* makes an appearance to sound in for the incapacitated. Way to make the rest of us look freaking brilliant, J-D!

*For those who are just joining us, J-Dye is our local post-er child for those born with flippers in place of their head. He gets banned, and resurrects each day- one day hoping to elevate to human form.

He has a math fetish, but typically only references chapter titles, so it is assumable he knows nothing of math, either.

mjmacky
10-31-2011, 07:36 AM
*For those who are just joining us, J-Dye is our local post-er child for those born with flippers in place of their head. He gets banned, and resurrects each day- one day hoping to elevate to human form.

He has a math fetish, but typically only references chapter titles, so it is assumable he knows nothing of math, either.

Speaking of a poster child, the whole point of making that graphic was to make it easy to explain J-dye. Sadly nobody uses it, even though my avy should be the most obvious reminder

J-Dye for Dummies (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/434233-Open-letter-to-those-in-charge-.?p=3617961&viewfull=1#post3617961)

blackhimaru
10-31-2011, 09:18 AM
awesome this is funnier than hell

IdolEyes787
10-31-2011, 12:13 PM

Why don't you make him/her a Black Muslim one-legged blind retard just to show that you're all about equal opportunity offending.

Gatsu-Kun
11-01-2011, 12:12 AM

Why don't you make him/her a Black Muslim one-legged blind retard just to show that you're all about equal opportunity offending.

With that you're almost complete. You've hit almost every possible factor, race, religion, disability, you're only missing sexual orientation.

blackhimaru
11-01-2011, 04:30 AM
ok a black male muslim one-legged blind retard

mjmacky
11-01-2011, 05:54 AM
male

that's not what orientation means

anigav
11-02-2011, 12:19 PM
male

that's not what orientation means

So is it landscape or horizontal ?

mjmacky
11-02-2011, 06:14 PM
I believe you were going for landscape or vertical/portrait, landscape and horizontal being synonymous. Must I hold class here?

anigav
11-03-2011, 01:17 AM
sigh... at the end its all about straightness

mjmacky
11-03-2011, 02:48 AM
sigh... at in the end rear, its all about gayness straightness

/fixed

anigav
11-03-2011, 03:59 AM
sigh... at in the end rear, its all about gayness straightness

/fixed

Appreciate for being so straight