PDA

View Full Version : Hello inner pedo, a J-pop thread (AKB48)

mjmacky
10-29-2011, 07:54 PM
Jian Ghomeshi interviewed someone about J-pop groups, and the methodology behind their formation. Apparently, the more members you have, the higher the chance that the "personalities" of one of the members resonates with a fan, creating a stronger fanbase. Does AKB48 go overboard with 48 members? Some of these girls are as young as 15, but apparently they are the biggest J-pop group in Japan (not just member size, but commercial success).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkHlnWFnA0c

So about the thread title, if you have an inner pedo, you can bring him out by "ranking" the girls (http://akbranker.ooo48.net/). It might not make you any more comfortable with yourself, but here's what showed up on my top 12 of the results:

megabyteme
10-29-2011, 08:34 PM
What's with all the old hags? :unsure:

IdolEyes787
10-29-2011, 08:39 PM
Since they all look alike to me I'm going to say that besides being equal parts turned on and repulsed ,I like the Japanese one.

The Japanese one that's legal.

mjmacky
10-29-2011, 09:53 PM
The Japanese one that's legal.

Rape is not legal in Japan, regardless of their age. The more you know.

Edit: repulsed at who, yourself or Japanese culture?

What's with all the old hags? :unsure:

Teen idol retirement policies are brutal, be thankful they all have jobs now because once they finish high school it's all over. I guess that's until older successful Japanese men take them in as their wives, a sanctuary of sorts.

megabyteme
10-30-2011, 02:41 AM
Teen idol retirement policies are brutal, be thankful they all have jobs now because once they finish high school it's all over. I guess that's until older successful Japanese men take them in as their wives, a sanctuary of sorts.

That makes me feel better for them. Guess I'm just a sucker for "happy endings"... :naughty:

mjmacky
10-30-2011, 06:55 AM
That makes me feel better for them. Guess I'm just a sucker for "happy endings"... :naughty:

You win a prize for that one. A voucher for your nearest jack shack (prizes are on a budget, massage not included). Just provide 3 quotes and phone numbers for each parlor. You may wonder how I can arrange something so impromptu, but I assure you in the simplicity of this task, business is business. They know if they let you leave a happy customer, you'll come again.

mjmacky
10-30-2011, 07:12 AM
cool bra .. like chicks from moviez

I'm not surprised that you found yourself to this thread J-dye, it has everything you'd like:
J's followed by dashes
references to underage girls
pictures of underage girls
video of underage girls

Now if we could only capture them using Java to show proofs of high school trigonometry problems while wearing bikinis, your head would probably pop off.

Gatsu-Kun
10-30-2011, 08:50 PM
From what I understand, K-Pop bands are notorious for creating large groups as well. Some may say that they're even worse than Japan. The record labels gather a ton of semi-talented to talented individuals and have them live in a dorm and train them to become stars. The way the groups are formed are almost always completely arbitrary. Girls Generation, Super Junior, SHINee, 2pm, are all examples. However, I still can't believe a 48 member group exists, it's insane.

mjmacky
10-30-2011, 09:21 PM
From what I understand, K-Pop bands are notorious for creating large groups as well. Some may say that they're even worse than Japan. The record labels gather a ton of semi-talented to talented individuals and have them live in a dorm and train them to become stars. The way the groups are formed are almost always completely arbitrary. Girls Generation, Super Junior, SHINee, 2pm, are all examples. However, I still can't believe a 48 member group exists, it's insane.

They apparently have a shitload on reserve with their team 4 and trainee lists (http://www.akb48.co.jp/english/members/index.html). I've seen some Korean variety shows (that my lab partner would watch from his laptop), but only up to about 16 members for their groups. It's hard to tell who sucks at singing since they keep trading off on their voices (I just assume all of them do), but in the end it's just a stage full of dancers.

Gatsu-Kun
10-30-2011, 11:30 PM

They apparently have a shitload on reserve with their team 4 and trainee lists (http://www.akb48.co.jp/english/members/index.html). I've seen some Korean variety shows (that my lab partner would watch from his laptop), but only up to about 16 members for their groups. It's hard to tell who sucks at singing since they keep trading off on their voices (I just assume all of them do), but in the end it's just a stage full of dancers.

The variety shows are just ways to "promote" the group by using specific members and having them showcase their talents. More often that not though, once they get on that stage they just becomes a bunch of dancers, and even then, some of them are still slightly above average. It's safe to say that if you're reasonably average and have some sort of cuteness/beauty then you can be added in a group. I think DBSK has been the most successful group out of Korea and they were also one of the smallest. I just cant understand the need for mega-groups.

mjmacky
10-31-2011, 07:22 AM
So do you listen to K-pop, and if so, WHY?!

megabyteme
10-31-2011, 12:30 PM

Listen?!!! I thought these were women. Actually, I didn't even consider it an option... :idunno:

mjmacky
10-31-2011, 04:03 PM

Listen?!!! I thought these were women. Actually, I didn't even consider it an option... :idunno:

Hence the capitalization. Need some photos in here of K-pop stars to compare against the J-pop stars, I'm yearning to be a multinational creep.

megabyteme
10-31-2011, 05:17 PM
I was going to suggest a run-off competition between your J-Pop, and the American Catholic school girl uniform*, but I got distracted. :naughty: No harm in throwing in some K-Pop, too, I suppose. :sly:

*My wife and I were discussing those uniforms once, and I mentioned just how far the attempt at making something entirely bland, and NOT sexy BACKFIRED. My wife said, "Even I have to agree, those uniforms are undeniably SEXY."

mjmacky
10-31-2011, 08:17 PM
White stockings branching out from some Mary Janes, irresistible. Well, resistible, but you get the point.

There's a phrase I picked up from anime called zettai ryouiki, meaning "absolute territory". It's the exposed part of a thigh below the skirt but above the socks/stockings. For instance, shown here:

*I do not know the age of the girl, just hard to find a non-anime reference

Gatsu-Kun
11-01-2011, 12:05 AM
White stockings branching out from some Mary Janes, irresistible. Well, resistible, but you get the point.

There's a phrase I picked up from anime called zettai ryouiki, meaning "absolute territory". It's the exposed part of a thigh below the skirt but above the socks/stockings. For instance, shown here:

*I do not know the age of the girl, just hard to find a non-anime reference

Sharp Knees... Not cute! I listen to some K-Pop and J-Pop. What can I say, I'm eclectic.

mjmacky
11-01-2011, 05:31 AM
Sharp Knees... Not cute!

I can't make out her knees, them being under black socks and such. Also, you're supposed to be paying attention to the subtle reveal of thigh, much like when Meg digs through a bucket of KFC wings. Your range of intake aside, Asian pop is supposed to be for the eyes, not the ears (from what I've experienced).

IdolEyes787
11-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Your range of intake aside, Asian pop is supposed to be for the eyes, not the ears (from what I've experienced).

I thought it was an insidious government plot to battle overpopulation by getting us all to kill ourselves.

megabyteme
11-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Also, you're supposed to be paying attention to the subtle reveal of thigh, much like when Meg digs through a bucket of KFC wings.

There's Tijuana Donkey Shows more subtle than my digging into a bucket of wings. :devil:

mjmacky
11-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Your range of intake aside, Asian pop is supposed to be for the eyes, not the ears (from what I've experienced).

I thought it was an insidious government plot to battle overpopulation by getting us all to kill ourselves.

Judging by the way I've seen Asians "party", I'm guessing only the whites would suicide. So that rules out that conspiracy.

Also, you're supposed to be paying attention to the subtle reveal of thigh, much like when Meg digs through a bucket of KFC wings.

There's Tijuana Donkey Shows more subtle than my digging into a bucket of wings. :devil:

Continuing with the metaphor, I guess you prefer women with their skirts up and panties dropped when you meet them :naughty:

Gatsu-Kun
11-02-2011, 06:48 AM
Sharp Knees... Not cute!

I can't make out her knees, them being under black socks and such. Also, you're supposed to be paying attention to the subtle reveal of thigh, much like when Meg digs through a bucket of KFC wings. Your range of intake aside, Asian pop is supposed to be for the eyes, not the ears (from what I've experienced).

Her knees are practically protruding through her socks. I can't unsee it. I very rarely watch the music videos, they're either animated or make absolutely no sense. Check out these two youtube videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ezs8kW0CQg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvGQX6GhgO4

I love me some supercell.

megabyteme
11-02-2011, 08:26 AM

Continuing with the metaphor, I guess you prefer women with their skirts up and panties dropped when you meet them :naughty:[/QUOTE]

What, no wing sauce (lube)? Oh well, given all that, I'd just end up coating the outside of the bucket in ranch. :sadwalk:

mjmacky
11-02-2011, 06:24 PM
What, no wing sauce (lube)? Oh well, given all that, I'd just end up coating the outside of the bucket in ranch. :sadwalk:

Your first thought is to cover their outers in Ranch, you've even a dirtier one than I thought previously.

I very rarely watch the music videos, they're either animated or make absolutely no sense. Check out these two youtube videos.

Most anime is intro'd by current pop music, so it'd make sense to have animated music videos. As far as making sense, I don't remember many music videos ever achieving that goal. That second video had two asian girls seemingly chasing after a heavy faced asian boy, it did not make any sense.

zot
11-02-2011, 06:41 PM
When the Twelve Girls Band came out a decade ago, it was rather groundbreaking for having ... 12 girls.

Such an eye-popping rarity back then that they decided to name the band after that incredible statistic. :lol:

mjmacky
11-02-2011, 07:09 PM
When the Twelve Girls Band came out a decade ago, it was rather groundbreaking for having ... 12 girls.

Such an eye-popping rarity back then that they decided to name the band after that incredible statistic. :lol:

Ah, that's a Chinese *orchestra band though, meaning they have talent.

*using orchestra in place of saying they all play on traditional chinese instruments. I just read they have 13 members now while looking for pictures of them (and yes, their music is better heard than their personages watched). I make that crack but they're not that horrible to look at, it's just that their sound waves are more appealing than their electromagnetic waves.

While looking, I came across a K-pop group called Girls' Generation. They're pretty cute, but I got a kick out of the fact that one of them is named Soo Young:
90846 (http://www.gokpop.com/forums/posts-in/snsd-girls-generation::21::37::1)

Gatsu-Kun
11-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Your first thought is to cover their outers in Ranch, you've even a dirtier one than I thought previously.

I very rarely watch the music videos, they're either animated or make absolutely no sense. Check out these two youtube videos.

Most anime is intro'd by current pop music, so it'd make sense to have animated music videos. As far as making sense, I don't remember many music videos ever achieving that goal. That second video had two asian girls seemingly chasing after a heavy faced asian boy, it did not make any sense.

LOL I watched the video fully again, the heavy face comment is too true, I cant see unsee it now. Lol. But yeah I understand most Jpop songs are anime intros, but the videos are so weird. Thanks for the laugh, I think I'm going to find more jpop music videos and critique them on youtube out of boredom.

megabyteme
11-02-2011, 11:27 PM
JPop vs KPop vs CPop vs Catholic School Girls= The ultimate POP OFF...

Who's up for the competition?

mjmacky
11-02-2011, 11:43 PM
JPop vs KPop vs CPop vs Catholic School Girls= The ultimate POP OFF...

Who's up for the competition?

With your host, Chris Hansen.

megabyteme
11-03-2011, 12:04 AM

What, Gary Glitter and Roman Polanski aren't available?

mjmacky
11-03-2011, 02:42 AM

What, Gary Glitter and Roman Polanski aren't available?

I imagine they'll be in attendance, with other notables:

seikialice88
11-15-2011, 01:58 AM

The variety shows are just ways to "promote" the group by using specific members and having them showcase their talents. More often that not though, once they get on that stage they just becomes a bunch of dancers, and even then, some of them are still slightly above average. It's safe to say that if you're reasonably average and have some sort of cuteness/beauty then you can be added in a group. I think DBSK has been the most successful group out of Korea and they were also one of the smallest. I just cant understand the need for mega-groups.
I also think so.

mjmacky
11-15-2011, 02:05 AM
Thank you so much for your post.

Thanks for tainting the purity of my thread. Advert reported

megabyteme
11-15-2011, 03:34 AM
Thanks for tainting the purity of my thread.

Is nothing sacred anymore? :angry:

mjmacky
11-15-2011, 03:53 AM
Thanks for tainting the purity of my thread.

May underage Asian taints prevail, huzzah!

megabyteme
11-15-2011, 05:06 AM

May underage Asian taints prevail, huzzah!

Briefly considered for new signature. Of course, no context provided... :P