PDA

View Full Version : FreeUsenetTrail - a new program for all you greedy leeches!

zot
11-02-2011, 03:57 AM
Here's an interesting new usenet application that's still in early beta. Sadly, I've not been able to try it (due to a persistent Dot.Net problem I'm still trying to fix) but I'm hoping that someone here can take it out for a spin and report back. ;)

Translated description:

"With this program, free accounts are automatically created for Usenet. It will create up to a maximum of 10 accounts at once."

http://sourceforge.net/projects/freeusenettrail/

mjmacky
11-02-2011, 04:59 AM
"With this program, free accounts are automatically created for Usenet. It will create up to a maximum of 10 accounts at once."

And that's all it says, the link to their page is referencing the same page?! What's their purpose, do they want to be another binload, all-in-one client/server solution?

JustDOSE
11-02-2011, 01:22 PM
malware, spyware, phishing, viruses up ur moms ass.....oh my

anon
11-02-2011, 02:01 PM
It can only generate accounts for a single provider (XenNews), and they don't even seem to work for me. But at least it's not like another German-language account "generator" which always generated the same accounts and hid an executable among your startup entries (apparently! Autoruns doesn't show anything weird after running it).

johhny
11-02-2011, 02:27 PM
anon if you allready tested tell us
rentention?
speed?
max connections?

JustDOSE
11-02-2011, 02:33 PM
lol johhny, read more carefully.....

lol anon, u should know how these stupid ass things works........ its using an algorithm to generate logins/passwords and the account will only work if someone somewhere in the world has actually created it, so u are basically leeching off a premade account that prob has no transfer left.... noob

anon
11-02-2011, 02:33 PM
johhny: I tested this program, not the server it's supposed to create accounts for. And it didn't even work :P

You can know what to expect by visiting their homepage, however. Apparently the trial lasts two days with no restrictions, although some sites claim it's either 2 days or 10 GB downloaded (http://asdasd.ru/read/1750568), whatever comes first.

lol anon, u should know how these stupid ass things works........ its using an algorithm to generate logins/passwords and the account will only work if someone somewhere in the world has actually created it, so u are basically leeching off a premade account that prob has no transfer left.... noob

SmartSniff says it attempts to register an account, and that's where it fails with an "expectation failed" error. It could be the Internet connection where I'm at, though, I'll try it again when I get home. Anyway, having to recreate trial accounts every 2 days isn't very fun :P

zot
11-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Thanks for testing it, Anon. It's a very early "beta" (and optimistically pushing that definition) so I'd naturally expect plenty of bugs (and for me, Dot.Net applications rarely seem to work well, beta or not) and it's quite possible this software was only developed for/tested on one operating system.

I've got to wonder why Hitnews was not chosen, since it's basically the same service from the same company, yet offers a longer trial. There are also a few others that offer no-cc# trials; maybe its a good thing they're not being machine-gunned as well. Although I've never tested this theory on Xennews, I've always assumed that anyone who sets up multiple accounts will need to switch to a different IP address every time another account is used.

It would be interesting if Sourceforge were to end up pulling down the page (assuming XenTech ever complained about it) as Sourceforge has been known to ban software due to TOS/EULA complaints.