Racoon
11-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Back up and running pretty sweet :)

johhny
11-02-2011, 06:54 PM
finnaly:)

k2bug
11-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Think most got the message in the other post, was there any reason to spam another to tell people the draconian site is back up?

zot
11-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Think most got the message in the other post, was there any reason to spam another to tell people the draconian site is back up?
Maybe to get up to the required post count needed to enter the forum's trade section?

Racehorse
11-12-2011, 03:16 AM
nzbmatrix STILL SUCKS - upgrade useless ; haven't been able to access all week "too many connections,try again later" -wouldn't recommend vip purchase to anyone

LazyGuy
11-12-2011, 03:58 AM
nzbmatrix STILL SUCKS - upgrade useless ; haven't been able to access all week "too many connections,try again later" -wouldn't recommend vip purchase to anyone
isn't that problem due to your newsgroup provider? :|

Beck38
11-12-2011, 04:10 AM
isn't that problem due to your newsgroup provider? :|

No, he's trying to connect to a website, NOT a usenet provider.

The h/w upgrade that nzbmatrix went through at the first of this week did not go 'as advertised'. Quite a few things went 'off the tracks', and they are still playing a bit of 'wack a mole' with those problems. A few folks have commented (when the system is up and running, that is) that a few basic PHP things were missed during the upgrade; it's been too many years since I last played around with PHP, so it's a bit beyond me.

But I tripped across a couple major things wrong, and meanwhile other things have gone off the rails. I would give it another week to 'settle down', but I would say that perhaps they've 'learned their lesson' by now that it wasn't either quite as simple as they thought, or that they failed to really dot the i's and cross the t's when doing the upgrade planning.

k2bug
11-12-2011, 12:27 PM
I believe its pure incompetence at matrix and has been for years. I watched like many other usenet users how one major site came back with little hicup and another major player do the same huge upgrades as matrix but had it done and dusted within the hour and all bugs worked out within 24. Then i do believe the second took a week preparing the infrastructure and testing so down time would be kept as small as possible.

I left matrix long ago and will never return for many reasons stated before but main ones are incompetence, attitude and complete ignorance they have from the top down towards people.