PDA

View Full Version : BCG - Banned

ryotgz
11-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Hi Stoi,

I was checking to see why I was banned. I am an old member whose account expired and recently joined again. I just finished my seed point on my first torrent. Now I am banned.

Walrus
11-04-2011, 06:06 AM
You were probably banned because BCG admins are a bunch of powertripping hardasses. Look for a BG invite. Much friendlier over there.

Otherwise, good luck getting your account back ...

stoi
11-04-2011, 06:26 PM
cheers for that walrus.

Admins are not powertripping, they ban to ask questions, the amount of users that they PM and even disable their download/upload and they never reply is silly, so now they ban and it tends to get them in IRC sharpish.

@ ryotgz

Come into our IRC help channel, and talk to regs.

whatcdfan
11-04-2011, 06:38 PM
You were probably banned because BCG admins are a bunch of powertripping hardasses. Look for a BG invite. Much friendlier over there.

Nothing personal my friend but you sound like really ungrateful lad.

Access to the trackers is a privilege and not your right

stoi
11-04-2011, 06:48 PM
btw your other account gradenko was fine, or it was until you signed up with your new account, if you couldnt access it you should have just come into our IRC for help, not made a brand new account, saying as though you last signed in to the gradenko account 1 week ago.

so it does look suspicious.

ElitUser
11-04-2011, 08:49 PM
stoi
you are dealing with people most of them are teenager and just over the age of 18 or 19. They always make mistake and doing wrong things and tell a lie. But I don't blame to everyone but most of them are same.

Tv Controls you
11-05-2011, 12:10 AM
stoi
you are dealing with people most of them are teenager and just over the age of 18 or 19. They always make mistake and doing wrong things and tell a lie. But I don't blame to everyone but most of them are same.

That was truly an insightful post.
We are all 18-19 years old, make mistakes, lie, and are all the same.

@walrus Not many Bt sites extend out to users like BCG does, I have seen stoi come to FST countless times to solve minor person to person problems.
If anything I would characterize staff as non-"powertripping hardasses"

Burnsy
11-05-2011, 02:08 AM

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

Either that or you're some silly twat who's been caught doing something they shouldn't really have been doing... :lol:

Night0wl
11-05-2011, 03:18 AM
Hoi stoi, could I get my account back? I promise to not bitch about you guys being very late updating allowed client list. I have installed uTorrent for the anti-Vuze sites. Winter is closing in fast and some games would be nice.

Being serious, but will not ask nicer than that, because I still think my ban was unreasonable.

Edit: On second thought a new one would be better, since I believe the old account was under old user name BlueSkies

ryotgz
11-05-2011, 12:08 PM
btw your other account gradenko was fine, or it was until you signed up with your new account, if you couldnt access it you should have just come into our IRC for help, not made a brand new account, saying as though you last signed in to the gradenko account 1 week ago.

so it does look suspicious.

I only have one account. My old account TGZRyo invited gradenko long time ago. My new account is ryotgz. I wonder if you think both are my account because we both seed at work (90 Mb up so much faster than home). So no, I don't have two accounts

Walrus
11-05-2011, 12:19 PM

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

Either that or you're some silly twat who's been caught doing something they shouldn't really have been doing... :lol:

Nah, I'm just referring to my own experience. I tried to keep my ratio sky-high there because I loved the content, and I didn't do anything on the forums to piss anyone off (never posted, if I'm being honest).

Anyway, I got insta-banned without warning because I signed in while on a VPN. I even left a message in the staffbox to let them know about it.

I was a little confused by this, but I wasn't pissed off. Not until I went into the IRC, where I started out as polite and respectful as I could possibly be. The admins, in return, were rude, condescending, unsympathetic, etc. I'd already dumped my VPN that I'd just bought a 1-year premium subscription for, but I asked out of curiosity why signing in through a proxy was a death penalty offense. They told me, verbatim, "Security. That's all you need to know."

So, yeah, I'm only speaking from my personal experience with a select few admins. But, unfortunately, when someone has a negative experience, you lose referrals. As great as the content is, it's a rep BCG has with a lot of people I've seen post similar stories. You might have a hell of a product but if your service takes that for granted, people are going to remember that more.

@Stoi: I don't mean to generalize about the admins ... it's really nothing personal. The post I'm quoting is more representative of how I was treated, though.

Cheers,

Walrus

stoi
11-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Well it was against the rules, proxies still are, but we have relaxed a bit on VPNs, we still dont like you signing up with them, as we dont know who you are, dupe account like the op, or a banned member trying to get back in.

We have also relaxed our staffing somewhat, its not banned, no come back, its banned come into talk, and we will see (i cant say we will always unban it depends on the offence obviously) but we have calmed down a bit now.

and one of our staff that was a stickler for the rules has left staff now (i will let you guess who) we do still have others though, but hopefully with our more relaxed stance these days, we can get some common sense working and not be seen as ogres (that still doesnt mean we wont come down hard on some, but like i said it depends what the offence is).

@ Nightowl PM me your username/email that you want, but we have opened a lot in the past month or so, so you could have got in quite easily before.

Night0wl
11-05-2011, 02:53 PM
@ Nightowl PM me your username/email that you want, but we have opened a lot in the past month or so, so you could have got in quite easily before.

I believe I was banned, which is why I didn't try to sign up. Maybe by that member of staff that left, but don't know who that is, nor can I remember the name of the staff member that banned me.

You got one new PM

ryotgz
11-05-2011, 03:06 PM
My account isn't a dupe. I invited Gradenko with my old account 'TGZRyo'. That account was deleted for what I assume was not being used for a while. Then I made a new account 'ryotgz'. My bet is you saw both accounts logged in from the same ip and maybe even seeding. Its because we work together and have a 90mb up & down connection and would be stupid to not seed from there.

stoi
11-05-2011, 05:16 PM
So send a message to the staff box then if you knew you were on the same ip, btw the way our tracker works, if you both seed from the same IP, and on the same torrent, only 1 of you will get the stats, its the same with shared seedboxes.

but like i said, come into IRC and speak to regs, to us its a dupe account, so both get disabled.

Walrus
11-05-2011, 09:53 PM
I think it was regs that ultimately decided not to give me my account back ... might have caught him on a bad day. Still left the IRC feeling like the staff had just given me the big finger. I ended up giving it right back, which got me IP-banned :lol:.

This was only a few weeks ago, so I guess the lift on the VPN ban is fairly new. I think it's a good decision because that type of thing can be used for nefarious purposes or, in my case, just added security. Granted I should have read the rules better, but it's not a capital offense in my mind.

I'm doing fine with BG right now, but I'm open to rejoining BCG if you'll have me. I'll come back to the IRC and talk it out if it's likely I'd get my account back (had ULed 100gb that week on a new seedbox) or at least have the IP ban lifted so I can join during open enrollments. Would prefer the former, though. ;)

regs8376
11-05-2011, 10:57 PM
We weren't rude to you in any way. We told you security was the reason and that was it. You signed up from a VPN which would get you banned regardless of the new lax rules or not. You would also have been able to rejoin the site later if you didn't react the way you did afterwards. Just because you didn't like my answer or I wouldn't give your account back doesn't make me power hungry. We have always banned for signing up from a proxy or VPN so you will have to deal with it. Your reaction afterwards is what banned your actual IP address. No you can not have your account back.

phileas
11-06-2011, 01:46 AM
As an Administrator at BCGs I can't say I've ever seen any power-tripping going on. Strict rule enforcement yes, power-tripping no. As stoi has mentioned we have changed our outlook. If only users would speak to us then that would solve many a "problem" but sadly most don't.

Night0wl
11-06-2011, 03:47 AM
Would just like to compliment stoi on quick handling of my case. It was the former staff member that banned me and I am back as a new member there, so like mentioned above. If you have a problem, talk to the staff instead of assuming the worse.

psxcite
11-09-2011, 02:53 AM
Had my first experience with the mods tonight. Yea, they may be a bit strict on the rules. But considering the sheer number of members they have to deal with, and EVERYONE thinking their case is special, the mods reactions are understandable.

bijoy
11-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Its funny to see how much extra time these 'mods' and 'admins' have (put aside site owner, cas is different, site managements, security etc.) to 'discuss' problems with the 'users'. Com'n guys (I know only 3-4 gals are there) enjoy real life.

*peace*

Addition: I also know that after this post of mine at least 3 guys will try to prove me wrong, just like they have started few months back. :P

anon
11-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Its funny to see how much extra time these 'mods' and 'admins' have ... to 'discuss' problems with the 'users'.

So, you're suggesting they shouldn't? Unless it's something else and the sarcasm flew over my head.

stoi
11-10-2011, 04:29 PM
We have 15 staff actually.

But i cant work out what you are trying to say either, trackers get lots of grief for coming down hard on any misdemeaner, then when a tracker tries to change and become more open and understanding, they get grief as well, just cant win by the looks of it.

zoeygirly
11-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Stoi, you have always been extremely understanding with users -- and helpful. I've been a member since the days of old like 2005 or something and it was sooo different, but you have always been "available".

Cheers to that!

Artemis
11-11-2011, 01:56 AM
Its funny to see how much extra time these 'mods' and 'admins' have (put aside site owner, cas is different, site managements, security etc.) to 'discuss' problems with the 'users'. Com'n guys (I know only 3-4 gals are there) enjoy real life.

*peace*

Addition: I also know that after this post of mine at least 3 guys will try to prove me wrong, just like they have started few months back. :P

We have 15 staff actually.

But i cant work out what you are trying to say either, trackers get lots of grief for coming down hard on any misdemeaner, then when a tracker tries to change and become more open and understanding, they get grief as well, just cant win by the looks of it.

Stoi, I could link you to the previous threads about bijoy, but it is the usual bullshit with alot of infighting. The fast version is that bijoy is a cheater who has received bans from multiple trackers but would like everyone to forget this, and also for staff/other users to not talk about those who cheat etc.

bijoy
11-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Its funny to see how much extra time these 'mods' and 'admins' have ... to 'discuss' problems with the 'users'.

So, you're suggesting they shouldn't? Unless it's something else and the sarcasm flew over my head.

Yes, you are right. :)

Stoi, I could link you to the previous threads about bijoy, but it is the usual bullshit with alot of infighting. The fast version is that bijoy is a cheater who has received bans from multiple trackers but would like everyone to forget this, and also for staff/other users to not talk about those who cheat etc.

Hello again. :) You are wrong.
Reason:
1. I never tried to get back into any tracker in which I'm banned, although I know its very easy.. Get a new IP range, new email id, and onw will get back in every tracker inside 3-4 months. For me its not worthy wasting time.. I don't need to.
2. Explain 'cheating'. :P

Addition: Get a new PC, Your Core 2 Quad Q9650 processor is EOLed long ago.
Oh, wait!! You don't have the money right? You know you won't earn anything just by discussing about someone getting banned or cheated. :lol:

I hope you get my point.

classicpcs
11-11-2011, 09:20 AM
stoi I got my account banned on BCG a couple of days ago cause i gave one of my unused account to someone who cheated on that other site so naturally i got banned from there.

The next day my BCG account was disabled and after talking in the BCG IRC where i didn't mention that i just gave away my account on the other site cause i was scared, my BCG account was not enabled and i was told "We don't want cheaters as our member"

Is there any chance that i can get my account back?:cry:

mjmacky
11-11-2011, 03:17 PM
I hope you get my point.

YOu still managed to forget to make one

classicpcs
11-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Sorry for the duplicate post. :cry:

anon
11-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Oh, wait!! You don't have the money right? You know you won't earn anything just by discussing about someone getting banned or cheated. :lol:

I have an AMD Athlon XP 3000+. I guess I shouldn't even be writing this. I should be happy they allowed me to make an account. :fear:

Progress
11-11-2011, 10:42 PM
stoi I got my account banned on BCG a couple of days ago cause i gave one of my unused account to someone who cheated on that other site so naturally i got banned from there.

The next day my BCG account was disabled and after talking in the BCG IRC where i didn't mention that i just gave away my account on the other site cause i was scared, my BCG account was not enabled and i was told "We don't want cheaters as our member"

Is there any chance that i can get my account back?:cry:

For most if not all tracker staffers giveaway an account is a form of trading, so I assume chances are low.

IdolEyes787
11-12-2011, 12:03 AM

Yes, you are right. :)

Hello again. :) You are wrong.
Reason:
1. I never tried to get back into any tracker in which I'm banned, although I know its very easy.. Get a new IP range, new email id, and onw will get back in every tracker inside 3-4 months. For me its not worthy wasting time.. I don't need to.
2. Explain 'cheating'. :P

I hope you get my point.

That you're an idiot? Don't worry that was clear as day.

classicpcs
11-12-2011, 12:47 AM
For most if not all tracker staffers giveaway an account is a form of trading, so I assume chances are low.

I didn't giveaway my BCG account, i meant my account on that other site which i don't use. i genuinely didn't know giving away an account was trading.

Another thing was that when i was in BCG IRC they said they were gonna add my IP in the global ban list, which they actually did and now another site just banned me.:cry:

Funkin'
11-12-2011, 05:22 AM

I have an AMD Athlon XP 3000+. I guess I shouldn't even be writing this. I should be happy they allowed me to make an account. :fear:

AMD Athlon XP 2700+ here. According to that douche neither of us should even be allowed on the internet. And maybe he's right, it's probably time for us to upgrade our computers.

psxcite
11-12-2011, 06:35 AM
Got a "working' C64 and an Amiga. Should I commit seppuku?

Night0wl
11-12-2011, 03:22 PM
I sold my almost 15 year old C64 + Monitor + lots and lots of games (mostly copies using ABC Turbo) around 10 years ago for what equates to over $500 :lol: It's quite easy to get wayyyy over market value when someone really wants something.

anon
11-13-2011, 02:02 AM
AMD Athlon XP 2700+ here. According to that douche neither of us should even be allowed on the internet. And maybe he's right, it's probably time for us to upgrade our computers.

I've had mine for over six years now, and it's still going strong. I see no urgent need to upgrade, though. I can do my stuff without any severe drawbacks (for now!).