PDA

View Full Version : [Giveaway] Neptoons

anigav
11-04-2011, 01:46 AM
I have few invites available for neptoons... :P

Show that you need and deserve it :)

Silence
11-04-2011, 02:19 PM
If im right that it's a cartoon related tracker then i'd love to get an invite to that site cz i have been looking for a few cartoons that i couldn't find in the tracker that i am now.

anigav
11-04-2011, 03:22 PM
If im right that it's a cartoon related tracker then i'd love to get an invite to that site cz i have been looking for a few cartoons that i couldn't find in the tracker that i am now.

Please pm your email.. :D

anigav
11-05-2011, 01:09 PM

Welcome to neptoons... :D

Others: I have few more invites left.

richasis
11-06-2011, 08:50 PM
PM sent for consideration. :)

Thanks for invite received!

anigav
11-19-2011, 02:38 AM
All invites sent. I have few more invites left :)

megabyteme
11-19-2011, 03:34 AM
Apologies for starting my own Neptunes giveaway without looking at active threads.

On a related note, I tend to agree with you inviting Silence. He strikes me as an over-all good, new member here.

Good luck with your thread. I often seek as much spam as I do potential invitees. :)

EDIT- The past day has brought several members forward who have had less than wonderful experiences with Silence. Time will tell, I suppose. However, read on...

anigav
11-19-2011, 04:01 AM
Thanks for your assessment on my giveaway, yeah Silence comes as promising member. You have to trust and go by guts at times. Like I was trusted by some of the members here.

Its getting hard to do a proper giveaway, seems people are more interested in trading the invites. Finding and assessing new member is getting a bit challenge.

On the topic, Neptoons is small but one of the best niche tracker I have come across. It would be my pleasure to see neptoons grow.

megabyteme
11-19-2011, 04:29 AM
If you look at my thread, you'll see I spell things out quite a bit. Occasionally, I'll get some truly awful idiot who thinks I would go through the effort to make things so clear as to what I expect, then not bother to check to see if he is actually an air-breather, or not. :frusty: :lol: Some people like putting themselves out there as the "bad example"/low water mark. I am always happy to take advantage oblige. :D

I have just received a PM from richasis, and he is (without even looking at his history) a good guy, as well. So far, you've gone 2 for 2. I tip my hat to you, sir. :happy:

As for the site itself, I find it a great complement to Cartoon Chaos. I initially thought they would be overly similar, but there are A LOT of cartoon/"children's shows" out there. There is certainly room for them both. That said, I find myself browsing through, and finding entire series from my childhood- I'm 40 now, and if you would have asked me a couple years ago, I would have said most of those shows were "lost". Not so. There's also been 3 1/2 decades of stuff produced in the meantime... :P

anigav
11-19-2011, 04:59 AM
I am always happy to take advantage oblige. :D

I am sure, here you are referring me :D :D

I tip my hat to you, sir mam

corrected

As for the site itself, I find it a great complement to Cartoon Chaos. I initially thought they would be overly similar, but there are A LOT of cartoon/"children's shows" out there. There is certainly room for them both. That said, I find myself browsing through, and finding entire series from my childhood- I'm 40 now, and if you would have asked me a couple years ago, I would have said most of those shows were "lost". Not so. There's also been 3 1/2 decades of stuff produced in the meantime... :P

I have never been member of cartoon chaos, so I can't comment much. To me it seems they only have cartoon/animation based content. Yes, neptoons does have a lots of shows, also VHS rip by the user themselves and neptoons exclusive makes it a bit unique. Only challenge with neptoons is slow speed on some torrents, i.e. low seeder.

CleverMan
11-19-2011, 06:01 PM
On a related note, I tend to agree with you inviting Silence. He strikes me as an over-all good, new member here.

tends to send unsolicited invite requesting pms though, and i guess you have seen that he created pair of trade threads... i wouln't be so confident

megabyteme
11-19-2011, 06:32 PM

tends to send unsolicited invite requesting pms though, and i guess you have seen that he created pair of trade threads... i wouln't be so confident

That's interesting, to say the least. Thanks for the heads-up!

Maybe this might be a good place to post links to those threads, Clever.

anigav
11-20-2011, 01:54 AM

I would really appreciate if you could post the content of those PMs and links to those of threads.

anon
11-20-2011, 02:22 AM
I've received one of the PMs too. As for the rest, the forum has a function called "find latest started threads", guys. :idunno:

anigav
11-20-2011, 02:45 AM
Okay, Seems, I have been taken on ride. :( I saw one of his latest giveaway thread, wherein he is saying no traders. I never cared to look further, I should have done that.

Silence
11-20-2011, 11:58 AM
The only reason that i sent a PM to CleverMan requesting an invite is bcz i don't like to request for an invite in the forums cz of Idoleyes and mjmacky and anon [rarely], they just keep spamming the thread and tell that im a trader and blah blah. So the only way to get an invite here is to PM someone u know and ask them.
Btw im not a trader, i did open up a thread in the trade section but i closed it the next day.

mjmacky
11-20-2011, 01:28 PM
cz of Idoleyes and mjmacky and anon [rarely], they just keep spamming the thread and tell that im a trader and blah blah. So the only way to get an invite here is to PM someone u know and ask them.
Btw im not a trader, i did open up a thread in the trade section but i closed it the next day.

A very poor representation of what happened in your FTN/GFT request thread.

But since you brought it up, I see you have 2 trade threads. Ignoring the fact that you opened and shut them, why did you open 2 trade threads? Closing a thread only makes it seem like you successfully traded in a PM, in case that obvious point escaped you.

anigav
11-20-2011, 02:22 PM
The only reason that i sent a PM to CleverMan requesting an invite is bcz i don't like to request for an invite in the forums cz of Idoleyes and mjmacky and anon [rarely], they just keep spamming the thread and tell that im a trader and blah blah. So the only way to get an invite here is to PM someone u know and ask them.

This is one of the lamest excuse I have ever come across. These two are not evils or dragons who are going to eat you. If you don't have anything to hide and have clear intentions, then why? I personally see these two as enabler for a balanced environment on this forum. I will not comment further on their style or intentions as this may digress the topic from you to them.

I've received one of the PMs too. As for the rest, the forum has a function called "find latest started threads", guys. :idunno:

The fact that you have sent a PM to anon and your comment that anon (rarely) keep on spamming threads creates further confusion.

Silence
11-20-2011, 05:14 PM
cz of Idoleyes and mjmacky and anon [rarely], they just keep spamming the thread and tell that im a trader and blah blah. So the only way to get an invite here is to PM someone u know and ask them.

But since you brought it up, I see you have 2 trade threads. Ignoring the fact that you opened and shut them, why did you open 2 trade threads? Closing a thread only makes it seem like you successfully traded in a PM, in case that obvious point escaped you.

Do u really think that i got a successful trade with invites like PWT and ILT ??

@anigav : that's not lame at all. I opened up 2 request threads a few weeks back which made me feel that idol and mjm are like dragons who won't leave me alone. I seriously hate it when people keep spamming my thread when they don't have anything to do with what i want. That's the main reason.
The anon topic is not a thing that u can get confused with. It's just that he doesn't usually spam around here like idol and mjm.

The only person over here whose on the topic and doesn't spam is megabyteme.

megabyteme
11-20-2011, 05:33 PM

:unsure: Now I feel a need to re-double my efforts. Have I been that subtle?

anon
11-20-2011, 05:34 PM
The anon topic is not a thing that u can get confused with. It's just that he doesn't usually spam around here like idol and mjm.

Most of the time I wait until something fancy happens. :01:

Silence
11-20-2011, 06:13 PM

:unsure: Now I feel a need to re-double my efforts. Have I been that subtle?

Towards/To me....yes.

Ok from now on i won't PM anyone asking for invites and instead will post here in the forums if i need anything [i.e invites]
Sorry for what i've done.

richasis
11-21-2011, 02:54 AM
Okay, I'm going to do something I rarely, if ever, do: go out on a limb and get into the fray. :)

My experience with Silence leads me to believe that he is, albeit new to FST protocol, sincere.

I've read his posts and I do not sense anything nefarious; ill-advised, perhaps, but no ill intent.

I extended an invite to him (via my invite thread) and, but for a technical issue, things are OK.

Indeed, I've extended invites to much worse elsewhere from seemingly much better prospects.

Of course, time will tell: if anything, unbridled enthusiasm can be tempered with some patience.

megabyteme
11-21-2011, 05:47 AM
Okay, I'm going to do something I rarely, if ever, do: go out on a limb and get into the fray. :)

My experience with Silence leads me to believe that he is, albeit new to FST protocol, sincere.

I've read his posts and I do not sense anything nefarious; ill-advised, perhaps, but no ill intent.

I extended an invite to him (via my invite thread) and, but for a technical issue, things are OK.

Indeed, I've extended invites to much worse elsewhere from seemingly much better prospects.

Of course, time will tell: if anything, unbridled enthusiasm can be tempered with some patience.

I still tend to agree with you, Rich. He's new, and has made some mistakes. None of those mistakes rise to the level of point-of-no-return. He seems like the kind of guy who has to make mistakes before he learns what he should have done in the first place. I've done a lot of that IRL- I can certainly relate.

Anyway, it is good that people have spoken up about Silence's recent stumbling. It doesn't sound like anyone got too upset about the PM requests. As for the trade threads, I haven't read those. After spending a fair amount of time with him, and discussing why he should not trade, it's a bit disappointing. I get the feeling he was trading (attempting) his own invites, and not anyone else's. Let's hope, right? :frusty:

EDIT- I'm a bit relieved to see that his trade (attempts) were from October. Really, the only thing that Silence has done wrong lately was to make unsolicited PM requests to people he had talked to previously in threads.

***On a side note, could someone help Silence get "connectable" with uTorrent 3? Apparently, he's been having trouble with that, and I have never used that one, and don't plan to. The interface has changed significantly in version 3.***

anigav
11-21-2011, 06:27 AM
Anyway, it is good that people have spoken up about Silence's recent stumbling. It doesn't sound like anyone got too upset about the PM requests. As for the trade threads, I haven't read those. After spending a fair amount of time with him, and discussing why he should not trade, it's a bit disappointing. I get the feeling he was trading (attempting) his own invites, and not anyone else's. Let's hope, right? :frusty:

EDIT- I'm a bit relieved to see that his trade (attempts) were from October. Really, the only thing that Silence has done wrong lately was to make unsolicited PM requests to people he had talked to previously in threads.

I too am relieved to note above facts.

Ok from now on i won't PM anyone asking for invites and instead will post here in the forums if i need anything [i.e invites]
Sorry for what i've done.

Thanks for coming out and making your stand clear. I am confident that now on you are going to stick to it.

mjmacky
11-21-2011, 11:07 AM

Do u really think that i got a successful trade with invites like PWT and ILT ??

I don't think I've ever parsed any rambling that would indicate I could even answer your question. Not only do have no idea what PWT and ILT are, I don't even know what the abbreviations I typed even stand for (except maybe feedthenet?, whatever that is). You might as well be asking me what I thought about the season finale of "I'm a Pregnant Teen", which I only heard of through Beavis & Butthead (my new, mixed-feeling link to recent teen pop culture).

Also, if you're interpreting many of my messages as spam, it's probably because most of it is occupying your airspace without notification.

Silence
11-21-2011, 12:05 PM
I'm gonna make this short,
@Richasis, Megabyteme and anigav : Thanks for understanding guys :)
Btw megabyteme, how do u know that im using utorrent 3.0 and that im currently having problems connecting to site/s ???

@Mjmacky : I really don't understand all those poems and stuff that u right/use in ur posts. The only things that im going to say now is :
1) PWT - Pro Wrestling Torrents
ILT - I Love Torrents

2) What messages ? or are u trying be sarcastic or something ?

anigav
11-21-2011, 12:21 PM
@Mjmacky : I really don't understand all those poems and stuff that u right/use in ur posts.

Now I am having a serious concern on your comprehension capabilities. Say that you are joking.

mjmacky
11-21-2011, 12:36 PM

No, my posts aren't always just posts. They can oft relay messages to specific individuals.

I really don't understand all those poems and stuff that u [sic] right[sic]/use in ur [sic] posts

I've written maybe one poem in my entire post history, but even that was plagiarized off the storyline I replicated from a string of J-dye posts. Is English not your first language? If not, it would explain the reason my posts are hard to comprehend (most times, I sometimes just type out nonsense when I'm tired).

megabyteme
11-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Is English not your first language? If not, it would explain the reason my posts are hard to comprehend (most times, I sometimes just type out nonsense when I'm tired).

Silence is from India. Just saw that yesterday, and it made me realize where some of the difficulties with FST/BT norms are coming from.

anon
11-21-2011, 03:34 PM
***On a side note, could someone help Silence get "connectable" with uTorrent 3? Apparently, he's been having trouble with that, and I have never used that one, and don't plan to. The interface has changed significantly in version 3.***

Open a port in your router/firewall, and use that in uTorrent. It's not very difficult. However, some Indian ISPs are known to put you inside a giant private network (10.0.0.0/8, 192.168.0.0/16, 172.20.0.0/12) which accesses the Internet via NAT performed on their facilities - a giant router, essentially. In that case, not much can be done, short of using a VPN with port forwarding or a dedicated IP.

Yeah, I'm singling you out for being Indian too :lol:

Btw megabyteme, how do u know that im using utorrent 3.0 and that im currently having problems connecting to site/s ???

Inviter's privilege.

Probably he saw you on a peer list or something similar Neptoons happens to have.

megabyteme
11-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Nope. I just know stuff... :shifty: