PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Rooney dead.

Quarterquack
11-05-2011, 07:32 PM
The next few hours are critical in uncovering IdolEyes' true identity. :shifty:

mjmacky
11-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Admittedly, I was more surprised to hear he was still alive up to yesterday.

Quarterquack
11-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Agreed. You'd think that halfway through an episode of 60 minutes he'd figure out living to an old age is a concept he can do without and end up taking his own life away right there.

mjmacky
11-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Agreed. You'd think that halfway through an episode of 60 minutes he'd figure out living to an old age is a concept he can do without and end up taking his own life away right there.

Today, on 30 minutes, is it worth it to live into your 90s.

Quarterquack
11-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Today, on 30 minutes, is it worth it to live into your 90s.

"Back when I wrote my 17th book, my inspiration was the war. Nowadays with peace rampant all over the world, through the veiled threat of nuclear response, a lot of the conflict has gone away. That conflict gave life flavor, gave me an enemy to hate. Mocking Germans is something you only do through cinema while ironically drinking their beer, people get mad at me for calling my neighbor chink-cho, and I'm expected to accept that my cotton can be manufactured in India. With political correctness nowadays, I can start an international incident from the comfort of my own home. So I'm doing it on live television:

NIGGERS." *shoots self in face* *Oleg stands up and claps*

mjmacky
11-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Regarding Rooney and his thoughts on suicide:

"A lot of people would like to have the years left that he threw away," Mr. Rooney said of Kurt Cobain. He went on to ridicule the young, many of whom found enlightenment of a kind through Nirvana's music. "What's all this nonsense about how terrible life is?" he asked, and he added, speaking rhetorically to a young woman who had wept at the suicide, "I'd love to relieve the pain you're going through by switching my age for yours."
Rooney, NYTimes (http://www.nytimes.com/1994/04/20/opinion/public-private-real-pain.html)

IdolEyes787
11-05-2011, 08:39 PM
The next few hours are critical in uncovering IdolEyes' true identity. :shifty:

I have it on good authority that you bored him to death.

megabyteme
11-05-2011, 09:10 PM
(CBS News) Andy Rooney, the "60 Minutes" commentator known to generations for his wry, humorous and contentious television essays - a unique genre he is credited with inventing - died Friday night in a hospital in New York City of complications following minor surgery. He was 92, and had homes in New York City,

News reports always exaggerate events- getting your eyebrows trimmed is NOT surgery. :noes:

As for the man himself, I respect him for earning (and keeping) his position during a time when talent has been replaced with flashy graphics, and constant sensationalism.

OlegL
11-05-2011, 09:23 PM
I was sad when Tim Russert died back in 2008. He was young and talented. As for Andrew Rooney, I don't know anything about him.

mjmacky
11-05-2011, 09:55 PM
As for Andrew Rooney, I don't know anything about him.

Why would you, with the wealth of information and commentary that your father provides. Never really got around to getting the "Ask Oleg's Dad" segment started.