PDA

View Full Version : iPad and iPad 2

vinhkhang01
11-06-2011, 07:50 PM
I have 2 questions here:

1) I have an iPad 32G with iOS 3.2.2 and it was jailbreak some time last year. I realize there are a lot of Apps required iOS 4.0 or newer. I want to know if I can jailbreak my iPad to version iOS 4.0+

2) I just bought iPad 2 32G with iOS 4.3.5 and want to know if I can jailbreak it.

Thank you for reading!

mjmacky
11-06-2011, 08:46 PM
That's a very sad story, nearly had me in tears. That kind of violation to oneself has permanent repercussions. At least you're trying to free yourself from your restrictive tortuous prison. In aid of your therapeutic counseling, I have googled something for you, may it help alleviate the throbbing pain in your arsehole:
http://www.iphonehacks.com/jailbreak-ipad

ca_aok
11-07-2011, 03:33 AM
The short answers:
1) Yes, but it'll be tethered unless you have SHSH blobs saved for 4.3.3 or earlier (unlikely).
2) No.

vinhkhang01
11-07-2011, 04:33 AM
I see for #2.
For #1, what is tethered and SHSH blobs? I don't understand.

Thank you so much for replying back.

ca_aok
11-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Tethered means you have to connect the device to a computer to boot it into a jailbroken state if it ever loses power (the battery runs out or you turn it off/reboot it). Untethered means it stays jailbroken permanently, even if you turn it off. Right now there's no untethered jailbreak for iOS 5. This might not actually be a big deal for you if you don't need to urgently use the iPad at any given moment.

SHSH blobs allow you to restore your device to a version of iOS that Apple is no longer "signing" (supporting). This means you can restore to say, 4.3.3, which has an untethered jailbreak. They need to be saved by a program like tinyumrella (http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/). If you've never done that before, you're out of luck unfortunately, so ignore this.

vinhkhang01
11-08-2011, 03:17 AM
I understand now and thank you for your explanation. I guess I just have to wait until the iOS 5.0+

ca_aok
11-18-2011, 05:27 PM
^ Incorrect. There's a tethered jailbreak for at least the iPad 1. The iPad 2 doesn't have one, as far as I know, aside from the versions iOS 4.3 to 4.3.3.