PDA

View Full Version : No More Bitsoup ?

Silence
11-07-2011, 11:05 AM
No More Bitsoup ?

No more Bitsoup?

From Date
System 2011-11-04 14:30:28
At the end of this month Bitsoup turns 7 years old. It's a milestone worth celebrating but sadly enough, we have no reason to party. Despite being a large and active community, Bitsoup is dying from a lack of support.

We have made cut backs where ever we could, made every bit of support last us as long as possible and even sold off some of the equipment we so carefully built up over time to keep Bitsoup going but with support at an all time low and fading still, we are at the end of the line and no longer able to keep Bitsoup alive.

We always have and will not stop doing everything we can to keep Bitsoup online as long as possible but Bitsoup still being here in 2012 is not something that is up to us. It is something that is up to all of you that choose to support Bitsoup, or not.

psxcite
11-07-2011, 12:43 PM
I wouldn't read too much into that.

More akin to the same ads you see at stores- "Going out of business - Everything Must Go! - Sale".
Yet the same store seems to be going out of business for years.:D

anon
11-07-2011, 03:38 PM
More akin to the same ads you see at stores- "Going out of business - Everything Must Go! - Sale".
Yet the same store seems to be going out of business for years.:D

There was such a store in my neighborhood. It went the extra mile and stated everything must go because the building would be demolished soon. Needless to say, that sure took a long time :P

About Bitsoup, I guess the constant donation requests they were famous for didn't do the trick this year? :idunno:

Silence
11-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Those idiots even gave out $500 to the winner of the donation specials.

Pwner101
11-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Highly doubtful they aren't making enough money.
Back in the day the owners used to brag about pulling in 40k each.
If you add up that site with the other 7 they own as well...
They have a real profitable business by their own confessions.

Not to mention the colo webhosting they were doing as moxiehosting.
I for one invested alot of money sending servers and hardware to host sites... they in turn stole all my hardware.
If their site is going bankrupt... which I doubt... why not sell all my hardware and everyone else's hardware they stole with their hosting company?
They stole this hardware 5 yrs ago mind you... but even in today's prices it would be worth well over $5000 - $6000 just in what they stole from me alone. Not to mention the countless others.

Them being bankrupt is a front. They have been sending monthly donation pms for years and years.
If they are in fact going bankrupt... (Doubtful)
Being transparent tends to make things a little better. Why not set a donation progress bar like alot of other sites do now.
Coarse it would be set to $50,000 but still least users would know when they got close to lining the mods pockets with cash vs lining the mods pockets with gold.

P2PDog
11-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Bitsoup has been begging for donations for as long as I can remember. It was one of the first private trackers I joined, about 6 years ago. It used to be my main tracker, but the constant pop-ups, nag screens, and PMs begging for donations were the main reason I left there and went in search of better sites that weren't so annoying.

Silence
11-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Bitsoup has been begging for donations for as long as I can remember. It was one of the first private trackers I joined, about 6 years ago. It used to be my main tracker, but the constant pop-ups, nag screens, and PMs begging for donations were the main reason I left there and went in search of better sites that weren't so annoying.

Have to agree with you. I got atleast 4 messages this month and i have to say that it's really annoying. At first i didn't think that this site would be so much of a beggar as it has a lot of users but as i kept receiving those messages i realized that it's one of those low based trackers like ILT.

Alien5
11-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Need advice help:

Old skool people in charge who want to spam emailing all doesn't exactly inspire me to donate to the horrible choice of my eyes endured painfully for too long

inside and outside the site design make you really feel like you deserve to move on pronto, the clean look and neat modern styles of some new school sites might not have the same feel for regulars, it's there for a reason I'm sure they love the site and some VIPs love bites up too.

A friendly feeling in the forum is or was fun, alot of times, people had a good spirit, jokes everyday made it my favorite forum thats how it should be, nothing could destroy the feeling except the odd one or two who flipped out over things regularly,

I miss those days, eventually I joined the larger than life sct machine that ran almost perfectly and speediness was insanely gratifying giving you the perfect balance of speed and good old fashioned perfection in design, an high end well looked after user friendly site for all the torrent lovers new and veterans alike who got on very well.

Maybe a site design that puts userbility and up to date looking color scheme, buttons, icons and that at the forefront of its style might get more of the type of users who know how to tell they're good sites from the average badly out dated bitesup torrents that bite your inbox kthnks

Silence
11-07-2011, 10:08 PM
They have one of the most boring/disgusting/old/childish stylesheet in all of the torrent world. Not sure abt the staff as i just joined the site a few weeks ago and i don't really post in the forums.

ghurka
11-07-2011, 10:17 PM
At first i didn't think that this site would be so much of a beggar as it has a lot of users but as i kept receiving those messages i realized that it's one of those low based trackers like ILT.Thats because Bitsoup and ILT have the same owner.

Correct me if I'm wrong but both would appear to be low maintenance sites and I would have thought would not need the level of donations that most trackers need. It bugs me that throughout the forums staff repeatedly say that they do not take a penny out of the site....brings to mind the phrase "Thou doth protest too much".

Silence
11-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Both the sites are run by the same owner :O I don't think that's possible, yes they have the same type of stylesheets but wouldn't it be a lil silly to run two sites at the same time.

bumrocks
11-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Both the sites are run by the same owner :O I don't think that's possible, yes they have the same type of stylesheets but wouldn't it be a lil silly to run two sites at the same time.

2 opportunities to make money. I would much rather have 2 stores or more, than 1 single store. I also wish that the lies the owner tells in the first post quote were true. The site has always been in the business of dicking people over. I had so little respect for them that it is the only site I ever actually got banned from (permanently until I changed IPs).

Rarely do I wish bad on people...If the worst that happens is they close their own doors then my fingers are crossed.

username-
11-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Both the sites are run by the same owner :O I don't think that's possible, yes they have the same type of stylesheets but wouldn't it be a lil silly to run two sites at the same time. Not sure if they have the same owner but underground-gamer and Bit-Gamer are sister sites. Which would be a similar example.

I had Bitsoup for awhile, but all I ever ended up doing there is cross seeding, so I gave my account to my girls brother.

Silence
11-08-2011, 11:18 AM
BitSoup is down right now. Not sure if it's permanent shut down or not.
@Bumrocks : Yup, the owner could have opened 2 sites to earn some money. It's like the ScT case all over again.

gumgum
11-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Yeah, no more soup for you!

stan
11-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Maybe they are not full sisters but there are at least 4 cousins in the Bitsoup family. ILT,Revtt,Torrents4all and Bitsoup . All 4 share the same Moxie autobot / uploader.

Silence
11-08-2011, 05:17 PM
They have the same pre bot ?
And btw BitSoup is back online and they have opened signups.

Pwner101
11-11-2011, 08:11 PM
They actually had 7 sites that I knew of that they owned//ran... this is as of 4 - 5 yrs ago. Though a couple of the sister sites mentioned here are not them... so its possibly even more than 7 now. :)

They stole hardware based on the fact it was colo.
Aka you mail your server to them and they connect it into their network pipes.
Upon ending the contract they are supposed to mail you the hardware back to you at your expense.
They took the shipping fee, mailed nothing back.
You do the math.
In summary they kept the postage to mail the servers as well as the servers themselves.
I believe they may have done the same thing to what.cd's servers if I am thinking of the right site.
It was 5 yrs ago at least... Im positive they did it to at least 5 sites that are still around..

dk197
11-14-2011, 02:42 AM
I think so, too

fridayyy
11-14-2011, 03:19 AM
a seven year old site going down is a sad news indeed ..

i had an account there ..

most people does not have money or paypal ..

why cant bittorrent sites open up only for rich countries

anon
11-14-2011, 03:30 PM
I think so, too

http://i39.tinypic.com/2ia7qiw.jpg

IlMariacchi
11-14-2011, 04:29 PM
I dont think their closing it