PDA

View Full Version : Newshosting or Supernews?

Darkjeste
11-09-2011, 04:25 AM
Well I am currently looking for a new usenet provider as Astraweb and 2cochecking that to use to process their customers credit cards are having major problems with me right now and apparently are not able to process my card even tho I have hada recurring order with them since may of 2009.

So anyone with any opinions on Newshosting or Supernews? Or maybe can suggest another provider?

Looking for anything in the 10-15$ and something reputable that I don't have to worry about giving my credit card info too.

JustDOSE
11-09-2011, 06:01 AM
to be or not to be

mjmacky
11-09-2011, 08:09 AM
The other option might be to try other anonymous credit card options, like described here:
http://snarfed.org/privacy_through_prepaid_credit_cards

The reason you might be having problems with 2checkout could be that there have been reports in the past about them not being so friendly to the vendors. Maybe that's resolved now, but that could feasibly make anyone accepting payments into their merchant account uneasy about 2co payment methods. The implications being that you might have other problems down the road with another provider. I'm just speculating anyway, so this post could be as useless as doubledosedonmed's.

Hypatia
11-09-2011, 12:29 PM
i would go for supernews+ blocknews fill account (50-100Gb)

johhny
11-09-2011, 03:15 PM
newshosting is pretty good

for $12.95/mo

Unlimited Downloads
30 Connections

A_T
11-09-2011, 05:56 PM
i would go for supernews+ blocknews fill account (50-100Gb)

Sounds like a plan if you can't get any Astraweb.

zot
11-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Darkjeste - have you reported this to Astraweb?

I can't imagine any company that would NOT give this issue the highest priority to fix.

Darkjeste
11-10-2011, 06:41 AM
Yea I sent a email to 2co first and it's been days now and haven't heard back from them,i'm not surprised by some of the stuff I have read online about them. Then I contacted astraweb the other day and they told me to try creating another account and see if that would work and 2co just flat out denies my card yet again even tho it's been used for the past 2 years.

So then Astraweb pretty much told me they can't help me and it has to do with my bank or with 2co. Seeing as I have never had a single problem with any charge that I have made online,and never had a problem with charging this to my card until this month and my bank says they are not even getting a hit on the account from 2co or astraweb requesting funds it seems as tho 2co is just flat out lying that they are getting a Do not Honor response from my bank.

I read on a couple other forums about ppl having this exact same issue and exact same Do not Honor error with them and at around the 2 year mark also. Guess I will try one of these other services as I really can't stand Paypal so Astraweb is pretty much out I guess. Sad too as I've liked their service quite abit outside of some the speed issues they have sometimes.