PDA

View Full Version : Name@fileshare

boxofslavery
11-13-2003, 01:34 AM
I know with K-Lite you can change the Network Name to whatever you want. But I've seen a lot of people with @fileshare for a name. However, not sure if they've just changed it, because their participation level is always zero. This suggests something else entirely. I didn't find an answer in FAQ or anywhere on the forums, so I posted. Just out of curiosity, where do these people come from?

Cotton
11-13-2003, 01:52 AM
If their participation level is 0 or low, then its 90% chance that its not people using k-lite, its more likly people using a new client which changes your networkname to fileshare, or maybe even kazaa has implemented it so that people who click the dont share button get their networkname changed.

But anyway i dont know for sure what it is but if they have low paticipation level its most likly not kazaa-lite because most people who use k-lite would have k-lite master1000 participation level.

My name is Dax@Hacker :)

I love my name...

If you ever see that name you know its quality files cause i only keep the best. B)

junkyardking
11-13-2003, 02:06 AM
I think its imesh, Sharman networks sold them a license to access the network a couple of years ago

boxofslavery
11-13-2003, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by junkyardking@13 November 2003 - 02:06
I think its imesh, Sharman networks sold them a license to access the network a couple of years ago
Dunno if it's iMesh. I mean, not that many people have macs. The ratio of people with this name is far too high. Maybe you're right tho. However, if you are, then people that are actually paying the RIAA are in fact getting bombarded with the RIAA's fake files. And besides, they download pictures and videos from me too.
When I find the answer, I'll tell ya. I WILL NOT REST UNTIL I FIND OUT!!!!

yes...i'm that bored.

Barbarossa
11-13-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by boxofslavery+13 November 2003 - 04:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (boxofslavery @ 13 November 2003 - 04:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-junkyardking@13 November 2003 - 02:06
Dunno if it&#39;s iMesh. I mean, not that many people have macs. The ratio of people with this name is far too high. Maybe you&#39;re right tho. However, if you are, then people that are actually paying the RIAA are in fact getting bombarded with the RIAA&#39;s fake files. And besides, they download pictures and videos from me too.
When I find the answer, I&#39;ll tell ya. I WILL NOT REST UNTIL I FIND OUT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

yes...i&#39;m that bored. [/b][/quote]
It&#39;s IMesh users. Trust me. ;)

Cotton
11-13-2003, 10:04 AM
I wasnt looking lol :)

Cotton
11-13-2003, 10:06 AM
The same people who have @fileshare also have files which work on Palm OS.

EDIT: nevermind the guy also has a plam os emulator :D

Cotton
11-13-2003, 10:12 AM
People who have @fileshare have programs that work on Windows xp so i doubt they all use macs.

GilgaMesh
11-13-2003, 10:17 AM
Cotton i would just like to point out your Sig is wrong i ain&#39;t using IE6, im using MozzilaFireBird.

Cotton
11-13-2003, 10:22 AM
o i got it from a site so :(

ill get a better sig soon.

Was it right about sub7 :lol:

junkyardking
11-13-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by boxofslavery+13 November 2003 - 04:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (boxofslavery @ 13 November 2003 - 04:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-junkyardking@13 November 2003 - 02:06
Dunno if it&#39;s iMesh. I mean, not that many people have macs. The ratio of people with this name is far too high. Maybe you&#39;re right tho. However, if you are, then people that are actually paying the RIAA are in fact getting bombarded with the RIAA&#39;s fake files. And besides, they download pictures and videos from me too.
When I find the answer, I&#39;ll tell ya. I WILL NOT REST UNTIL I FIND OUT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

yes...i&#39;m that bored. [/b][/quote]
What&#39;s imesh got do with macs?, as far as i know imesh is primary a windows client.

j4y3m
11-13-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Cotton@13 November 2003 - 10:22
o i got it from a site so :(

ill get a better sig soon.

Was it right about sub7 :lol:
I Think He&#39;s Set Mozilla To Identify As IE6 :rolleyes:

internet.news
11-13-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Cotton@13 November 2003 - 02:52
If their participation level is 0 or low, then its 90% chance that its not people using k-lite, its more likly people using a new client which changes your networkname to fileshare, or maybe even kazaa has implemented it so that people who click the dont share button get their networkname changed.

But anyway i dont know for sure what it is but if they have low paticipation level its most likly not kazaa-lite because most people who use k-lite would have k-lite master1000 participation level.

My name is Dax@Hacker :)

I love my name...

If you ever see that name you know its quality files cause i only keep the best. B)
"... only keep the best ..." for the rest - hehe - just some word game...

@fileshare - I always thought that ppl change it own thier own to "fileshare" ?
If they do not share what sense it makes to have Network with a name indicates
sharing? hmmm...

I hope there would be a small K-Lite version... soon. something like Audiogalaxy...
before... K-Lite K++ S ;)

thks.

boxofslavery
11-14-2003, 06:14 AM
Ya I loved audiogalaxy back in the day....I like K-lite more tho.

Wizzandabe
11-14-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by boxofslavery@14 November 2003 - 06:14
Ya I loved audiogalaxy back in the day....I like K-lite more tho.
Apparenly there are back, I was a massive fan of them, anything you could get, I did anyhow.

@fileshare is another fasttrack client made by "blue box network" if I am correct. :D

EDIT: Spelling :P

Barbarossa
11-14-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by barbarossa+13 November 2003 - 10:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (barbarossa @ 13 November 2003 - 10:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by boxofslavery@13 November 2003 - 04:06
<!--QuoteBegin-junkyardking@13 November 2003 - 02:06
Dunno if it's iMesh. I mean, not that many people have macs. The ratio of people with this name is far too high. Maybe you're right tho. However, if you are, then people that are actually paying the RIAA are in fact getting bombarded with the RIAA's fake files. And besides, they download pictures and videos from me too.
When I find the answer, I'll tell ya. I WILL NOT REST UNTIL I FIND OUT!!!!

yes...i'm that bored.
It's IMesh users. Trust me. ;) [/b][/quote]
I repeat... <_<