PDA

View Full Version : A Few Newbish Questions

The Flying Cow
11-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Hey FST,

it's been a while and I must confess I miss this tidy, neat, and useful place. I hope you've all been well.

I recently purchased the classic 160GB iPod even though Apple haven't upgraded it in 3 years because I assumed they simply won't (it's no longer their main selling product, having been overshadowed by the talking phone).

I remember a few years back watching the first episode of the first season of Prison Break on this girl in my class's iPod, and finding the experience amazing (even if the screen is quite small). Now I thought there might be a site dedicated to encoding movies for it, or one that has a large section dedicated to that.

On another note, I was wondering if apart from the ubiquitous What.CD there is any other site for rare and quality music out there ATM. This because I was under the impression a few months back that it was freeleech there and downloaded a bucketload of Jazz only to find it wasn't freeleech and that I'd basically murdered my ratio. Now it's gonna be no easy task building that baby back up to 1.0 or above.

Finally apart from iTS (was that the name of the site?!) is there any other one with rare movies (old ones like Kurosawa and the stuff they ain't releasin' out there no mo', as well as oldies from the 90's like Johnny Depp's Don Juan de Marco or some of Pacino's earlier work)?

TIA,

Airborne Bovine

beezy192
11-13-2011, 04:16 PM
IPT has ipod and ipad encodes.
Also, for rare stuff, What.CD is the best. Waffles comes second. Do a google search and you'll find various blogs which offer very rare and excellent music.
For Movies, iTS is good for AFRs. Otherwise, PTP is your best bet. It just hit it's 50k movies mark. I'm sure you'll find what you need there. :)

The Flying Cow
11-13-2011, 04:38 PM
There used to be a list with the top private trackers - does it still exist?

Also, what does PTP stand for?

anon
11-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Also, for rare stuff, What.CD is the best. Waffles comes second. Do a google search and you'll find various blogs which offer very rare and excellent music.

Don't forget RuTracker!

There used to be a list with the top private trackers - does it still exist?

Also, what does PTP stand for?

I'm guessing the answer to both questions is this (http://filesharingtalk.com/what-trackers-offer/). The most common acronyms appear next to the tracker's name in the list. In this case, PTP stands for Pass the Popcorn.

The Flying Cow
11-13-2011, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the reply dude. I meant that old list with tracker levels. It's more straightforward. WTO is huge and neverending, and doesn't really assess the tracker's quality (not that it doesn't have its usefulness).

anon
11-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the reply dude. I meant that old list with tracker levels. It's more straightforward. WTO is huge and neverending, and doesn't really assess the tracker's quality

Tracker levels != quality. :unsure:

And you can sort the WTO according the tracker ratings.

ca_aok
11-13-2011, 06:04 PM

And you can sort the WTO according the tracker ratings.
Sure they do. Lower level = higher quality.

anon
11-13-2011, 06:52 PM

Mmm.

http://i44.tinypic.com/f4485g.jpg

mjmacky
11-13-2011, 08:56 PM

I would say it's more Gaussian in nature.

n00bz0r
11-14-2011, 06:18 PM
For iPod format TV shows & Movies, join VideoSeed. Its a 6y/o tracker which has the best quality encodes (for a given filesize) and a ton of content. Older torrents are well seeded too.
For older movies, join Karagarga. No other site comes close to tracking the sheer amount of rarities that KG does.
As for music, RuTracker is a pretty good site. Its easy to seed back at.. so keeping a decent ratio should not be a problem. Besides, the signups are open quite often.

CQ1ST
11-15-2011, 08:30 PM
thanks to anon, I find way more rare music on rutracker than is ever on waffles/what.cd - I could pretty much throw away what.cd now

anon
11-15-2011, 09:41 PM
thanks to anon, I find way more rare music on rutracker than is ever on waffles/what.cd - I could pretty much throw away what.cd now

Haha, you're welcome! :happy:

I wouldn't discard the What.cd account, though. You never know...

The Flying Cow
11-15-2011, 11:32 PM
Cool beansies. I'm off to add Ru-Tracker and VideoSeed to my requests in the BT Section :w00p:

I think I was already a member of KaraGarga back in the day but completely stopped being active. Wonder how that can be fixed?!

anon
11-16-2011, 01:34 AM
I think I was already a member of KaraGarga back in the day but completely stopped being active. Wonder how that can be fixed?!

I think KG doesn't delete accounts, so if you remember your login details...

Otherwise, there's IRC. Or recover.php if you have access to the registered e-mail but forgot your username/pass.

theman5
11-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Definitely PTP for movies
And if you really want tracker levels, check out: http://trackerlevels.blogspot.com/p/tracker-levels.html
I'd recommend looking at the number in the brackets rather than their levels.

hagckz0r
11-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Don't know if anyone has mentioned but I believe that for old movies, Cinematik is one of the best.

CQ1ST
11-19-2011, 08:34 PM
yeah rutracker is open half of every day isn't it?