PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Pass me that popcorn!

The Flying Cow
11-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Hi,

mostly due to having stumbled upon this site in 2004 (and TorrentLeech as a consequence) I've been an avid movie-watcher for a good 7 years of my life. Not that I didn't watch movies before I started downloading them, but my movie knowledge increased dramatically once I had access to free movies beyond the vast library of DVD's my parents had amassed over the years (and the expensive cinema forays one indulges in every so often).

So chiefly due to having greatly enjoyed acting on the stage as a youth (and maybe because I watched a lot of movies?) I've decided to embark upon that career. It will not be easy, as I keep being told and seeing for myself.

On the other hand, the only way to keep the ship afloat (the flame alive) is to ensure I continue having unrestricted access to movies, especially the old ones of better years past, since a lot of what Tinkertown is throwing our way these days is a load of codswallop.

Apart from reading and acting (when the auditions I go to are successful every once in a while) watching good movies is one of the top pastimes I have (if I got laid more I'd put sex there but you get the picture).

Like I said I've been with TL now for 7 years (since the site basically appeared on the scene, and had open signups back then) and I'm also a member at a few other good sites, like FTN. I used to be with the Rabbit before it went down and under, as well as ScT, probably the greatest site for movies ever to have existed.

In the early days I also used to download flicks from ftps, but that sort of access is long gone.

Anyway, if a member would like to throw a PTP invite my way, be my guest.

I'm currently running on Sky Broadband which is a bit of a piece of shite, and my max download speeds are around 900kb/s, upload being in the 250kb/s range I believe. I can provide proof and whatever else.

Cheers,

AB

mjmacky
11-13-2011, 09:04 PM
I dunno, I think I'm a little bit confused. It feels like you're trying to ask for a Karagarga invite, but I could have the difference between the two ass backwards from recollecting the PTP vs. KG thread (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/437772-Karagarga-vs-PassthePopcorn)

megabyteme
11-15-2011, 06:01 AM
I believe your assessment of his interests is correct, MJ. However, KG is extremely difficult to seed on unless someone can give you some "bonus" upload to buffer your account.

NTL, send me a PM, TFC, and I will be happy to invite you to PTP. They just reached 50k movies, so I'm sure you'll find something to watch. :)

megabyteme
11-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Invite sent moments ago. Hope you enjoy the site, TFC! :)

The Flying Cow
11-17-2011, 09:58 AM
Looks pretty sweet so far dude. Glad I bumped into it ;)

A mod can now close this or however it's done I don't know.

mjmacky
11-17-2011, 10:48 AM
I thought you could close it Cow?

anon
11-17-2011, 04:46 PM
Click on "Administrative" right above the first post. I think "close thread" will already be selected, so just hit Proceed and the thread will be closed.

richasis
11-18-2011, 05:51 AM
Before you close this thread, I just wanted to say that I think you'll make a fine actor.