PDA

View Full Version : Alt+S behavior

mjmacky
11-14-2011, 01:17 AM
I'm going to guess this is only a recent change in Firefox, but Alt + S brings up the history menu. Here on FST it typically functions as a shortcut for submitting the post, but that won't work since the browser is taking precedence. Am I experiencing a strange occurrence, or does this conflict happen with anyone else using Firefox?

anon
11-14-2011, 01:27 AM
In Opera, Alt+S does absolutely nothing.

I've always used Tab, Tab, Enter for posting replies.

mjmacky
11-14-2011, 06:35 AM

You and your drama anon, tab does nothing for me in Firefox, it doesn't even tab (in the text context).

Quarterquack
11-14-2011, 07:05 AM

You and your drama anon, tab does nothing for me in Firefox, it doesn't even tab (in the text context).

The Tab button is the one that says Tab on it. You're welcome.

mjmacky
11-14-2011, 01:06 PM

Another interesting note is that Tab does nothing when typing into text field in Chrome as well. However, Alt + S works in Chrome.

anon
11-14-2011, 03:22 PM

Here it goes to the next element in the page. One point for teh l33t thing no one uses. :hooray:

Mine has two arrows pointing left and right :cry:

There was an extension to remap Firefox shortcuts. I suppose you can use it to edit or remove the one associated with the history menu and maybe make Alt+S work for replying once again.

tesco
11-14-2011, 11:41 PM
I get the history menu in FF too.
It's probably a recent change and I don't think vb can do anything about it apart from making a different shortcut.

mjmacky
11-15-2011, 01:45 AM
Here [tab] goes to the next element in the page. One point for teh l33t thing no one uses. :hooray:

I was thinking it was vb preventing me from leaving the text field with Tab, but I guess it's either browser design or Opera ignores vb instructions.

I get the history menu in FF too.
It's probably a recent change and I don't think vb can do anything about it apart from making a different shortcut.

Alright, at this point I believe we established I'm neither crazy nor incompetent. I didn't know if you had control over vb implementations here, or if it's even a function that gets used. I guess Chrome wins this round.

Edit: or Opera... depending on perspective and goal...

1000possibleclaws
11-23-2011, 05:14 PM
alt+s brings up history in FF 8.0 for me