PDA

View Full Version : Desktopverified

imported_stigeide
02-08-2003, 10:52 PM
How is this desktopverified, http://xlr.us/dv.php?get=1 .
Is it safe?

zapjb
02-09-2003, 02:09 AM
They have there own site, Snipples. Seems legit. But I'll wait for confirmation from others. Haven't tried it.

SHIFTY
02-09-2003, 03:47 AM
ok ive been running this for about a week
and it seems k-lite approves of it seeing
as there is a link in the web window to snipples
i have had no problems and no pissy emails so
i see it as legit. but you decide. no spyware i scanned with
latest ad-aware plus and found absolutely nothing
but the bogus 'cd_client.dll' in kazaa lite which suposedly
isnt spyware and ill take their word for it seeing as i have never had a problem
with k-lite. so i recommend this applicatiion but we will see what others have to say about it
their site may be comercial but the software isnt. and you rarely have to go to the site
unless you posting a verified to place in the database.

imported_stigeide
02-09-2003, 07:18 AM
OK, thanks

Rocktron
02-09-2003, 03:50 PM
yes it is super safe!
I use it too!

And it works like a charm! Easy to download anything you like! Moviez, software or whatever!
It is just a link that check's the sites that shares software or moviez that are real, so safe to download!

Have fun with it! (I do! :rolleyes: )

J'Pol
02-09-2003, 04:59 PM
In my opinion Snipples is a commercial site. It certainly contains advertising for commercial products. I am dubious about the content of the forums and suspect that some of the threads are fabricated.

The "program" is a database of sigs contained elsewhere. It contains quicklinks and not hashes, so difficult to decide on whether you want a file or not. It contains numerous duplications.

In order to join the forum and download the database you must supply an email address. Obviously it is up to you what you provide them.

All in the "program" itself may be of use to internet users who do not have the time or the knowledge to find things for themselves. If you want something like that then thatīs cool, however just be aware of the real situation. It is nothing like this kind of forum. i.e. a community of peers.

Cheers

JimF

J'Pol
02-09-2003, 05:02 PM
Rockt

"It is just a link that check's the sites that shares software or moviez that are real, so safe to download!"

What do you base that statement on.

Cheers

JimF

LSA
02-09-2003, 09:16 PM
I like it...much faster searching through this than a website

Snipples
02-11-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by JimF@9 February 2003 - 17:59
In my opinion Snipples is a commercial site. It certainly contains advertising for commercial products. I am dubious about the content of the forums and suspect that some of the threads are fabricated.

productS? as in, plural? no. one banner, no hits, to be removed next time I update the site. No idea what you mean by fabricated threads. You're free to discuss this with me personally if you're absolutely sure I'm lying about sometihng. =)

PS: For anyone else that had trouble with DesktopVerified, or don't trust it, there's another version now that's remodelled and loads faster, and reads from .html files that you can click on and run yourself without the program.

SHIFTY
02-11-2003, 11:02 AM
I second that Notion but ya cant be too careful in this
internet world full of dirties and duds.

Snipples
02-11-2003, 11:09 AM
I agree ;) That's just one reason for puttin the links in plain HTML files. Even then I guess I could have loaded those files up with popups and malicious javascript. Let's face it, there's really no completely trustworthy way of doing it!

J'Pol
02-11-2003, 06:17 PM
Very well done, smooth and plausible answers. I would go far as to say a professional approach. As far as no hits is concerned, obviously your software isn't working properly. There have been hits.

As for no-one being interested in scripts (in another of your posts). Is that why you offered them to prolific posters.

I have no problems with commerciality. I do have a problem with mis-representation. Which can be by omission.

Cheers

JimF

Crackedup
02-11-2003, 10:19 PM
I like DesktopVerified..in the absence of our own verified section it's a great help in finding files. I'm mainly interested in films and it has quite a good selection- the one thing I would say about the program is that the film database needs to be updated to include more up to date releases. Still hoping out verifieds comes back in one form or another soon.

J'Pol
02-11-2003, 10:29 PM
Snipples

Any chance of pointing us in the direction of the new version.

Thanks

Cheers

JimF

Crackedup
02-11-2003, 10:44 PM
No problem JimF - here's the download links:

Mirror #1 (Me): ftp://69.14.50.235:2053/DesktopVerified20.exe

Mirror #2 (Blind): ftp://snipple:[email protected]

Mirror #3 (void): http://www.dextroverse.org/DesktopVerified20.exe

Mirror #4 (WhiT3Kr0w): http://213.228.128.12/xx002298/DesktopVerified20.exe

KinkoStinky
02-11-2003, 10:44 PM
huh :huh:

Crackedup
02-11-2003, 10:49 PM
Only 26 movies :(

J'Pol
02-11-2003, 10:49 PM
Cracked

Thanks for that, I will have a wee look.

Cheers

JimF

PS Forgive my ignorance but what is the shirt.

Crackedup
02-11-2003, 10:53 PM
Fulham Football Club (London) :D

J'Pol
02-11-2003, 11:01 PM
Cracked

Sorry, I had thought it was a football team.

Cheers

JimF

PS Sometimes the old ones are the best

J'Pol
02-11-2003, 11:02 PM
Now don't get annoyed I was only having a larf.

Cheers

JimF

Crackedup
02-11-2003, 11:10 PM
I was born there and I love 'em.....even if nobody else does :D

J'Pol
02-12-2003, 12:37 AM
Cracked

Good Answer

If they are your team then you support them. Good luck to you both.

Cheers

JimF