PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Green Jello/y Vids

megabyteme
11-18-2011, 10:33 AM
I checked all of the sites I have available to me, could someone help me find the videos that were created to go along with Green Jello/y's albums. They were often quite interesting, and many of the people involved in making them went on to Disney, Dreamscape, etc.

I was able to find quite a few of them on Youtube (and spent a good hour+ watching them), so I know there must be some sources (hopefully of higher quality than the ones I've seen posted).

A fun, interesting read of the band's career (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Jell%C3%BF).

I did find Cereal Killer available on Demonoid if this post sparks anyone's interest (I would have posted the link, but the server was down for maintenance at the time. Search for "green jello" and it will come up within 10 hits)...

Little Pig Little Pig (posted by mjmacky) got me started. It was their biggest hit, and got them a fair amount of notoriety at the time (1993). For those who don't keep up in the Lounge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CYwNWHZuT0&feature=player_embedded

It was following this video that I encountered the other videos for the band on Youtube. Check them out after reading about the band's history on Wikipedia, and they will be more interesting.

So, are these videos available? I think it would be a shame for that much creativity to have died due to lawsuits, and poor distribution. Thanks for any help you can provide. I'm not a member of any mvid sites, so I have not been able to check them. I have checked everywhere from KG, TL, SCC, IPT, PTP, RevTT, Waffles, WhatCD, and even Cartoon Chaos. As mentioned, my only luck so far was on Demonoid.

Thanks.

mjmacky
11-18-2011, 02:04 PM
I'm beginning to suspect you enjoyed the link. Yes, their history is actually quite fascinating, and how they became Green Jelly (with an umlaut over the y, which being pronounced the Icelandic way still reads as their original name, Green Jello). I however, will always call them Green Jello because fuck Kraft food.

Unfortunately, I don't have any sources at my disposal for other Green Jello stuff, but I'd love to catch them in this thread.

megabyteme
11-18-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm beginning to suspect you enjoyed the link. Yes, their history is actually quite fascinating, and how they became Green Jelly (with an umlaut over the y, which being pronounced the Icelandic way still reads as their original name, Green Jello). I however, will always call them Green Jello because fuck Kraft food.

Unfortunately, I don't have any sources at my disposal for other Green Jello stuff, but I'd love to catch them in this thread.

The non-name change used to "satisfy" Kraft's lawsuit was a testament to the brilliance contained in the group- and an attitude towards being told what to do...

Here is that Demonoid* link to the Cereal Killer video: (re-add the W's) http://***.demonoid.me/files/details/1704436/005976335694/

*Note- No Demonoid membership necessary. :happy:

mjmacky
11-18-2011, 05:45 PM
Here is that Demonoid* link to the Cereal Killer video: (re-add the W's) http://***.demonoid.me/files/details/1704436/005976335694/

*Note- No Demonoid membership necessary. :happy:

I shall visit it when I get home.

Eargasm
11-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Here's another tip: You can easily get the mp4 videos off of youtube...

Here are the steps (you'll have to do these yourself)

* Open Internet Explorer
* Enable the HTML5 beta http://www.youtube.com/html5
* Open the video
* Right click on the video > Copy Debug Info, and paste it into notepad or something

It will look something like this and just copy the highlighted bit out:
{"Ae":[],"ti":[],"Yb":["901050","910210"],"Ze":"http://s.youtube.com/s","autoplay":false,"I":"detailpage","Wb":"en_US","Tl":{"width":640,"height":390},"referrer":"http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=green+jello&oq=green+jello&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=2824l4943l0l5359l11l10l0l4l4l0l217l983l1.3.2l6l0","region":"US","Ul":{"width":1280,"height":720},"Ng":"green jello","Vl":{"width":480,"height":360},"td":"9DHbOcx4umn6gN3pn6fXl5FN3EJYlvHYC","format":{"Kj":"http://o-o.preferred.xxxxxxxx-sjc1.v22.lscache4.c.youtube.com/videoplayback?sparams=id%2Cexpire%2Cip%2Cipbits%2Citag%2Csource%2Cratebypass%2Ccp&fexp=901050%2C910210&itag=18&ip=xx.xx.xx.xx&signature=3B43E0DED41BEC702F737F5E4C5932240DBDCCAE07B2BF824A14CC93090E4D5D11B8EA94F29F73EE&sver=3&ratebypass=yes&source=youtube&expire=1321660800&key=yt1&ipbits=8&cp=U0hRRlQQTl9FSkNOMV9OS1JJOjBMSQQWYkhQbzRr&id=fc26303561d9b93d","ii":"video/mp4; codecs=\"avc1.42001E, mp4a.40.2\"","size":{"width":640,"height":360},"mc":"360p","Ed":"medium","Dc":"18","ht":false},"mb":false,"xd":0,"yd":0,"na":"AASyBcB45o3iue42","Cd":true,"p":"_CYwNWHZuT0","Je":{"width":480,"height":360},"ip":73.128,"Al":348.51666259765625}

* Paste the highlighted bit into the browser window, hit enter, and save as whatevervideo.mp4

Afterthought: these videos play fine on my Windows Phone 7, and probably also play fine on Android/iOS (but have not tested).

megabyteme
11-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the tip, Eargasm. I'm holding out for higher-res rips (as you said, should be great for phones, etc.). I have yet to come across a single source that has more than 8-10 actual videos, so in absence of any other source for a one-stop download, I may gather up what I can find and upload it somewhere. However, I'm still hopeful of the resourceful minds and BT sites that have already done the heavy work for me. :P

anon
11-18-2011, 08:32 PM
Eargasm: Youtube Downloader HD can download videos in either FLV or MP4 at the maximum quality available, that's less mind-boggling :P

megabyteme: I've been away all day and I don't usually use trackers outside of home, to avoid trouble with shared IPs. However, I checked Warez-BB and found no videos. Have you looked in RuTracker already? Maybe eMule is also a good idea.

megabyteme
11-18-2011, 09:29 PM
I do not have an RuTracker account, but have heard good reports from members you have directed towards it. Would you be so kind as to check for me?

Emule would must likely have individual files, but the band produced quite a few videos (usually one for each song- often at the same time, or before, making an album) and that could involve a fair amount of leg-work. I hope to exhaust all possibilities before being the guy who put it all in one place.

anon
11-19-2011, 02:46 AM
Certainly :) RuTracker gives the following two results for videos.

Green Jelly DVD (Cereal Killer & 333) [1995 г., Comedy Punk/ Metal / Grange, VHSRip]
Green Jelly - "Cereal Killer Video" (Fred Stuhr) [1992 г., Comedy Punk/ Metal / Grange, VHSRip]

The first one is a DVD supplied as a VIDEO_TS folder. The second one is a single AVI file, but it has no seeders.

An eMule search (global servers and Kad) only yields the "Obey The Cow God" video, besides the ones you've already mentioned in the first post.

megabyteme
11-19-2011, 03:09 AM
Certainly :) RuTracker gives the following two results for videos.

Green Jelly DVD (Cereal Killer & 333) [1995 г., Comedy Punk/ Metal / Grange, VHSRip]
Green Jelly - "Cereal Killer Video" (Fred Stuhr) [1992 г., Comedy Punk/ Metal / Grange, VHSRip]

The first one is a DVD supplied as a VIDEO_TS folder. The second one is a single AVI file, but it has no seeders.

An eMule search (global servers and Kad) only yields the "Obey The Cow God" video, besides the ones you've already mentioned in the first post.

Thanks, Anon! What is the size of the DVD? That one sounds like it is better, and possibly more of a complete set than anything else I've seen. Assuming that, how difficult is it to join RuT, and how hard would it be for a n00b to seed back (an assumable) 4GB?

anon
11-19-2011, 03:23 AM
The DVD is 3.03GB long. RuTracker is pretty much always open for signups. The main drawback is that the place is in Russian with no English option, but you can use Google's Chrome or translator to register, and once you're in it's pretty easy to work your way around without such tricks.

According the FAQ, ratio requirements take effect after you download 5 gigs. You're forced to keep a ratio of at least 0.3 afterwards. There's a "time bonus" system, but that's to download more than a set amount of torrents per day, and can't be exchanged for upload. I don't know how it may be for DVDs, but I've used the place exclusively for music and even rare stuff gets to upload after a while - just keep your client open, and maybe use those 2 remaining GBs to get something that may increase your ratio.

bumrocks
11-19-2011, 04:20 AM
Or simply get and seed something(s) back first...then go get it.

Nice heads up as I remember (and had forgotten) about those guys and that particular video. Gonna head to ye olde youtube here in a bit...