PDA

View Full Version : Wupload Closing Affiliate Program

LemOnzoo
11-19-2011, 08:04 PM
It looks that Wupload is going to history:

To Our Valued Friends and Affiliates,

It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that as of November 27th, Wupload will officially be closing its affiliate program.

After an incredible period of growth in such a short period of time, we have had to make the tough decision to close our affiliate program as it is no longer financially viable for us to continue it.

Wupload’s file hosting service will remain active and technical support will still be provided as per usual, and our customer support system will remain active for any inquiries by members, whether free or paid.
We encourage all users and affiliates to continue to use Wupload to store and share their files, and we will remain one of the most reliable and secure storage solutions in the business.
We will honour all memberships that were already purchased by affiliates or by regular users.

Thanks to the loyalty and the hard work of all of our friends and affiliates, we were able to surpass our growth expectations in terms of traffic, but as anybody in the file hosting business can tell you, traffic does not always mean profitability.

Now, where does this leave you, the hardworking affiliate with unpaid earnings?

We are going to pay out every dollar owed to our affiliates. The affiliate program will close on November 27th, a Sunday, and the last payout will be November 30th, the following Wednesday.

Wupload could not have achieved the growth it did without the hard work, effort and enthusiasm that you all brought to our affiliate program, so I thank you and wish you all nothing but luck and good fortunes in your future endeavours.

Regards,
Willy
Wupload.com

http://www.wupload.com/news

anon
11-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Bye bye, Wupload links. :wave:

It must have been good while it lasted.

zot
11-20-2011, 03:58 AM
It's sad to see that Wupload has now started down the path of Rapidshare and Hotfile - soon to be ignored and forgotten. There's little doubt that the professional uploaders will abandon Wupload for the few other remaining services that still have a payout policy.

This is just the latest example of why people should resist the temptation to buy long-term accounts on any file hosting service. Wupload's prepaid 2-year account might have seemed like a bargain, but anyone who jumped on it will likely discover the well running dry long before that prepaid ends.

whatcdfan
11-20-2011, 06:39 AM
Bye bye, Wupload links. :wave:

It must have been good while it lasted.

Not for me. For some unknown reason I could never reach the site.

anon
11-20-2011, 05:25 PM

My comment was aimed at making money with their links (for those who did that), rather than the site in general.

I'm surprised you could never access it, it's never been down for me, although lately speeds were being quite slow.

johhny
11-20-2011, 06:00 PM
i never really liked wupload(too many filehosters allready)

Every place has his time

bRIO
11-21-2011, 01:44 AM

I am guessing you are from India, the agencies had it blocked here and some other filehosts as well. You can still reach it using open DNS (instead of the ones provided by the ISP). Of course that won't be needed now, not atleast for wupload :D

Cabalo
11-21-2011, 05:50 AM
One less in the pot.
Curiously I kept using it for getting apps to my android phone, along with filesonic. Damn, I miss megaupload being the prime spot to get files from.

gamesover
11-21-2011, 09:03 AM
One less in the pot.
Curiously I kept using it for getting apps to my android phone, along with filesonic. Damn, I miss megaupload being the prime spot to get files from.

Why isn't megaupload the prime spot anymore? They are still just as popular as ever and nothing has changed with their policy. If you know which forums to look in you'll find plenty to download with megaupload.

zot
12-10-2011, 12:10 PM
The results of ending the pay-to-post program were immediate. Traffic on the site has already taken a steep nose-dive.

Download speeds for free users are also not what they used to be.

anon
12-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Download speeds for free users are also not what they used to be.

Here, they were already getting slow before they closed the affiliate program (unless that's what you're referring to).

Cabalo
12-10-2011, 07:50 PM
And many uploaders have deleted all their uploaded files.
Have noticed this on mobilism.

zot
12-11-2011, 03:04 AM
Here, they were already getting slow before they closed the affiliate program (unless that's what you're referring to).
When Wupload's download speed first started going down months ago, I attributed one possible reason being its rapid growth that could have simply exhausted its server's then-current resources. But as total usage went back down, download speed (per user) did not seem to go up, so I assume that Wupload might intentionally be cutting back.

And many uploaders have deleted all their uploaded files.
Have noticed this on mobilism.
I wonder if the uploaders are deleting their own files or is Wupload doing it to protect itself legally?

Consider sites like YouTube, for instance, that I think will automatically disable a user's entire set of uploaded files upon receiving a second copyright complaint -- even if totally bogus.

But if users are deleting their own files, why? I'm going to assume that the professional uploaders are smart enough to hide behind a VPN (hopefully not HideMyAss) and/or proxy of some kind to reduce the risk of being fingered. Unless maybe they feel that those no-longer-paid uploads on Wupload might compete with their uploads on file hosts that still pay.

Cabalo
12-11-2011, 03:42 AM
Most uploaders are using both filesonic and wupload, at least at mobilism. So my best guess is they are removing the wupload links to redirect more hits to their filesonic accounts.

anon
12-11-2011, 03:47 AM
But if users are deleting their own files, why? I'm going to assume that the professional uploaders are smart enough to hide behind a VPN (hopefully not HideMyAss) and/or proxy of some kind to reduce the risk of being fingered. Unless maybe they feel that those no-longer-paid uploads on Wupload might compete with their uploads on file hosts that still pay.

That's exactly what I thought when I read Cabalo's post. Deleting the mirrors on a hoster that no longer pays as a means of ensuring maximum profit from downloads.

temisturk
12-11-2011, 04:57 AM
I hesitate to say "I agree" yet again, lest you think I'm stalking you, but that's also what I thought.

I hate people like that, who only upload for their own financial gain. I'm glad wupload has gone down the toilet and I hope other pay per download sites follow it.

anon
12-11-2011, 05:13 AM
I hate people like that, who only upload for their own financial gain. I'm glad wupload has gone down the toilet and I hope other pay per download sites follow it.

For good or bad, the profits behind active links are actually the driving force for many uploaders.

But hey, for us it's still free stuff. :idunno:

temisturk
12-11-2011, 06:14 AM
True. [But I'm an idealist. :P ]

HEY! And I'm also a Member!!! :) :) :) I was thinking from some post I read that I had to wait for a month for that to happen. What a nice surprise. :)

anon
12-11-2011, 06:42 AM
HEY! And I'm also a Member!!! :) :) :) I was thinking from some post I read that I had to wait for a month for that to happen. What a nice surprise. :)

PMs and the giveaway section are available after 15 days, if you have enough posts. The trading section operates by different rules, namely it makes you wait twice as much.

zot
12-11-2011, 02:54 PM
I hope profit is not their sole and over-riding motivation - or I could see a dog-eat-dog war potentially going on here. Like uploaders sending bogus takedowns against rival uploaders to prevent having to split the payout on popular files.

I must admit that the get-paid-to-upload file hosts became so dominant that it became increasingly rare to find things anywhere else. It's somewhat sad to see that whenever it comes to getting things done, greed usually trumps altruism every time :shutup:

I've always got a certain satisfaction knowing that even a few of the files I packaged and released on eDonkey 10 years ago were still available on the network so many years later -- almost like leaving a permanent mark on history. :)

temisturk
12-11-2011, 11:15 PM
I hope profit is not their sole and over-riding motivation - or I could see a dog-eat-dog war potentially going on here. Like uploaders sending bogus takedowns against rival uploaders to prevent having to split the payout on popular files.

I must admit that the get-paid-to-upload file hosts became so dominant that it became increasingly rare to find things anywhere else. It's somewhat sad to see that whenever it comes to getting things done, greed usually trumps altruism every time :shutup:

I've always got a certain satisfaction knowing that even a few of the files I packaged and released on eDonkey 10 years ago were still available on the network so many years later -- almost like leaving a permanent mark on history. :)

I agree with you, I'm glad to be able to say.

magicalboy
12-14-2011, 07:24 AM
wupload is/was never a good host like many other cash whores. I love megaupload and novaup links though not many people upload on novaup which idk why, novaup has no waiting time and gives max speed.

whatcdfan
02-19-2012, 04:15 PM

I'm surprised you could never access it, it's never been down for me, although lately speeds were being quite slow.

I meant couldn't reached the site ever, every time I click the link, it gives me "server not found" error , I don't know if the index page is yellow or white:unsure:

rdealer
02-19-2012, 05:38 PM
The pay foe use sites attracted too many noobs and were bound to be busted.

anon
02-19-2012, 05:54 PM
I meant couldn't reached the site ever, every time I click the link, it gives me "server not found" error , I don't know if the index page is yellow or white:unsure:

You should try what bRIO posted. OpenDNS has servers all across the world, so it shouldn't make your connection laggy.

TorGil
02-22-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm sure a lot of the release groups are happy, it must suck to see someone else uploading the files you were working on and getting a paycheque out of it...
i guess a different site becomes popular now? wupload links were everywhere after MU stopped their pay out programs...