PDA

View Full Version : SCC sent me a very strange email

Benchoud
11-19-2011, 08:24 PM
We have recently been granted access to the SceneTorrents's (SCT) user database by the old staff and in light of our fifth birthday anniversary, we are inviting you over to SceneAccess.org (SCC). We've opened our doors October 2006, and since have managed to become one of the best private scene trackers in the world.
As with many other torrent trackers, we provide you with the latest movie, tv, music and game-releases. Unlike other trackers, we also have an archive section where popular releases are thrown together to various packs and uploaded to the site in form of free leech torrents.

We hope you will take this opportunity to register an account with us and celebrate our fifth birthday!

Click the link below to confirm your invitation:

anyone else get this email? Thanx

anon
11-19-2011, 10:04 PM
anyone else get this email?

Yes. Other people have received it too. It's legit.

yevgeny
11-19-2011, 11:27 PM
:pinch:

ExtraDry
11-19-2011, 11:35 PM
Old sct data base hmm, all that means scc spam

whatcdfan
11-20-2011, 06:52 AM
We have recently been granted access to the SceneTorrents's (SCT) user database by the old staff and in light of our fifth birthday anniversary, we are inviting you over to SceneAccess.org (SCC). We've opened our doors October 2006, and since have managed to become one of the best private scene trackers in the world.
As with many other torrent trackers, we provide you with the latest movie, tv, music and game-releases. Unlike other trackers, we also have an archive section where popular releases are thrown together to various packs and uploaded to the site in form of free leech torrents.

We hope you will take this opportunity to register an account with us and celebrate our fifth birthday!

No offense sir, but how do I pronounce your good name?

My fellow Indians will get that.:mellow:

The Flying Cow
11-20-2011, 01:22 PM
I find it preposterous that SCC should think they can take the place ScT once had in our hearts. Now they've even sent me an invite.

Shameless.

phrenzy
11-20-2011, 01:36 PM
They are a bit full of themselves at SCC....

IdolEyes787
11-20-2011, 02:52 PM
I find it preposterous that SCC should think they can take the place ScT once had in our hearts. Now they've even sent me an invite.

Shameless.

SCC occupies exactly the same place in my heart as ScT did.:mellow:

Alien5
11-20-2011, 04:20 PM
The difference between ScT and this SCC is the. Amount of users who jump on new torrents.

SCC might need to start dishing out invites like back in the ScT days, then hype will fucking loose control and go through the roof

but staff will have a shitload of work kicking out the mongs and all that shit.

Open the doors for a day even.

Or give everyone 5 invites then keep giving out invites to the ones who invite the quality members like I have done before.

It's easy to get the leeches in but getting seeders and sensible forum posters has to evolve itself over time.

That's how you run a tracker, FTN 0SEC SCT style

I loved 0sec, you guys knew the way to create a hype and design was the best I've ever seen, logo, everything was specialty made to make you want to be on that site all day, no other place has ever been as good. ScT were part of the same group as 0Sec and FTN. They were the ones that did it properly.

Sending ex ScT members Email out of the blue smells of a lack of imaginative staff, the best staff I ever worked with knew how to generate a buzz about a new site, spreading Pms offering invites to users you know in all sites and letting them have invites is the way to grow.

Quarterquack
11-20-2011, 04:26 PM
When ScT closed down it had a little over 19,000 members, if my memory serves correctly.

When we moved to SCC they upped their capacity from 15,000 to 18,000, and subsequently hid the member limit, had three invite drives where nearly everyone got an invite, and auto-invited everyone from ScT. If SCC's member base isn't somewhere near the 30,000 member mark, I'd be very very surprised.

Alien5
11-20-2011, 04:43 PM
I joined scc recently so I can't see it in the way many of you do

I was member nine hundred and something at ScT and saw it grow,

Something ScT were good at was giving you free Gigs now and then, so ratio wasn't ever a problem there.

In SCC I can only see myself seeding packs for gigs at the moment, that doesn't exactly fill my heart with the same type of love I felt i had with my ScT account.

I love SCC for being a similar site but nothing has made me go WOW yet or LOL that torrent has 6765,000 leecherers in 10 mins.

absent_today
11-20-2011, 05:40 PM
Op username lol

anon
11-20-2011, 05:43 PM
had three invite drives where nearly everyone got an invite

I was going to point that out when I read Alien5's post. SCC used to be sort-of less accessible (invitations by donation or threads on other trackers' PU forums), but then they had those bonus invites (of which you'd get 1-3 depending on your status) which can be used even if you aren't a donor. That was pretty cool of them, in my opinion.

Silence
11-20-2011, 05:46 PM

Yea i did :D
and for the people who don't know what his name means .....it means Mothaf!@#$%

megabyteme
11-20-2011, 06:32 PM

Yea i did :D
and for the people who don't know what his name means .....it means Mothaf!@#$%

Knowing you are Indian helps in understanding why you might be having some bumps with getting used to the norms around here. I was not aware of this...

ElitUser
11-20-2011, 06:52 PM

I am hardly LOLing and doing ROFL after pronounce this ID Benchoud, hahahahah what a id, he does not even know what does it really mean. Benchoud = go FUCK your sister or a guy who loves to fuck his sister. Motherchoud = Motherfucker

Quarterquack
11-20-2011, 08:44 PM
I joined scc recently so I can't see it in the way many of you do

I was member nine hundred and something at ScT and saw it grow,

Something ScT were good at was giving you free Gigs now and then, so ratio wasn't ever a problem there.

In SCC I can only see myself seeding packs for gigs at the moment, that doesn't exactly fill my heart with the same type of love I felt i had with my ScT account.

I love SCC for being a similar site but nothing has made me go WOW yet or LOL that torrent has 6765,000 leecherers in 10 mins.

Ratio isn't a problem at SCC. Like ScT they also have a football league and competitions for gigs. Someone's going to win 1TB very soon.
SCC however races spam, and races it ratio free. That's the equivalent of ScT's gig giveaway in my opinion. Files that you and I, much less half the people on the site couldn't care about less are raced and can be seeded for buffer. Given that you have a seedbox of course.

At any rate, the important things for me are the files and the community, and for the most part both are still around in SCC. There's no more ScT invasion hostility, so you might want to be happy you joined when you did. The first few months on the new forums were entertaining. :lol:

P.S. MadarChoud is motherfucker. Not Benchoud. BenChoud is sister fucker. You'd think you all would know your own language better than me. :no:

megabyteme
11-20-2011, 08:58 PM
P.S. MadarChoud is motherfucker. Not Benchoud. BenChoud is sister fucker. You'd think you all would know your own language better than me. :no:

No, it just seems you get called more names than they do. :D

Alien5
11-20-2011, 09:22 PM
Thank you, where the donkeys race is of no concern to me these days, but each to his own. I'm quite certain SCC is almost a sort of alternative to ScT for most of the members who had been feeling gloomy about the unexpected end of the ScT membership and atmosphere. "Here we are back again"

The Flying Cow
11-20-2011, 10:26 PM

Shameless.

SCC occupies exactly the same place in my heart as ScT did.:mellow:

Oh so you're here then?

Cabalo
11-21-2011, 05:26 AM
I also found myself using ScT a lot more than I use(d) SCC. Not that I still use trackers that much, but I never felt compelled to enter maniac races to download something.
If I didn't grab something in the first 10 minutes or less, it would take me a week or so to get a decent ratio on any file (and I have nearly 500Kb/s upstream speed).

So, it's pretty good to grab some packs and for 0-day stuff you may have RSS'ed. Still, not my favorite place ever even though it's hands down the fastest tracker around, both speed and pretimes.

Stabber
11-21-2011, 05:35 AM
Also the theme of sct was much better , it was more relaxing for the eyes, i'm not a big fan of dark themes so one reason that i don't use scc as much is this one

Quarterquack
11-21-2011, 06:35 AM
Also the theme of sct was much better , it was more relaxing for the eyes, i'm not a big fan of dark themes so one reason that i don't use scc as much is this one

Irony at its finest considering the black theme is what a lot of people were drooling for.

bijoy
11-21-2011, 07:43 AM
OT: lol @ OP's username & his english.

Di@monds
11-21-2011, 11:10 AM
you havent logged into site recently and try other themes right?

Silence
11-21-2011, 11:54 AM

Sorry my bad.....Matherchod = MotherF!@#$%
and Bhenchod = SisterF!@#$%

@Mega : the reason imo is not bcz im an Indian it's bcz this is my first time that i've been a member of a file sharing site.
@Stabber : U can change the theme in ur profile page settings.

anigav
11-21-2011, 12:40 PM

Sorry my bad.....Matherchod = MotherF!@#$%
and Bhenchod = SisterF!@#$%

@Mega : the reason imo is not bcz im an Indian it's bcz this is my first time that i've been a member of a file sharing site.

Y'all are perverts. Ben Choud is a town in Algeria, OP may be from that city.

ElitUser
11-21-2011, 01:08 PM
Y'all are perverts. Ben Choud is a town in Algeria, OP may be from that city.

every time I pronounce this name "Ben Choud" it's keeping me ROFL, Algeria people should know what does it meaning "Ben Choud" in India.

anon
11-21-2011, 04:01 PM
you havent logged into site recently and try other themes right?

Just curious, what sort of themes do they have now?

every time I pronounce this name "Ben Choud" it's keeping me ROFL, Algeria people should know what does it meaning "Ben Choud" in India.

The Japanese should know how hilarious Kagada Corporation's name is in Spanish. :unsure:

Burnsy
11-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Just curious, what sort of themes do they have now?

IdolEyes787
11-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Main thing after content , dearth of wankers, retention,ease of use,speed and whether the name begins with a P or not is themes.
Seriopusly.

anon
11-21-2011, 05:26 PM

Thank you!

No ScT lookalike?

Burnsy
11-21-2011, 06:09 PM
Thank you!

No ScT lookalike?

No, but from memory I think there was GreaseMonkey script you used to be able to load in to change the SCC appearance to look like ScT. Dunno if it's still there or even works... this was a while ago.

anon
11-21-2011, 06:23 PM
Yes, that script sprung up in the pre-v2 days. No idea if it works nowadays either.

Someone made a mod for FL.ro and it looked pretty awesome, but I didn't like how you could see the original skin for a split second before the script kicked in, so I stopped using it.

ElitUser
11-21-2011, 07:07 PM
The Japanese should know how hilarious Kagada Corporation's name is in Spanish. :unsure:

what does "Kagada" meaning in Spanish, would you please tell in english.

Anonymau5
11-21-2011, 07:14 PM

what does "Kagada" meaning in Spanish, would you please tell in english.

There is no such word as Kagada. However there is a word called "Cagada". Cagada = Shit, Cock-Up/Foul-Up, Excrement or Ridicoulous action.

anon
11-21-2011, 07:37 PM
However there is a word called "Cagada". Cagada = Shit, Cock-Up/Foul-Up, Excrement or Ridicoulous action.

Exactly.

I think it's shopped, though.

Quarterquack
11-21-2011, 07:43 PM
Probably named after their CEO.

Artemis
11-21-2011, 09:16 PM
My favorite translation gaff is by Mitsubishi corporation. Their large 4x4 (SUV for merkins) is retailed as the 'Pajero' here, but as Anon will atest, it isn't a very good selling point in Spain (Pajero means wanker in spanish).The 4x4 is retailed as the Montero in Europe (now), and also as the Shogun in the U.K. .

zzbnoona
12-26-2011, 12:53 AM
my favorite translation gaff is by mitsubishi corporation. Their large 4x4 (suv for merkins) is retailed as the 'pajero' here, but as anon will atest, it isn't a very good selling point in spain (pajero means wanker in spanish).the 4x4 is retailed as the montero in europe (now), and also as the shogun in the u.k. .
lol

theman5
12-29-2011, 11:45 PM
They now have an official SCT theme

KushBlow
12-31-2011, 12:48 AM
Digging the ScT theme :cool:.