PDA

View Full Version : Blackcats-games account "disabled" - Is it gone forever?

dragon4chen
11-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Just thought I'd post it here FYI - My account was disabled for being inactive for 2 months or more (over 550 days to be specific for my case). The mods won't reactivate the account (unless you can really charm them in the IRC, but I doubt it). So yeah, don't try and "conserve" your ratio like I tried to.

If you would still like to talk to a BCG admin about your disabled account,

Re: Disabled accounts
Could everyone who has been disabled please join bcgs irc #help irc.blackcats-games.net:6667.

Hello, I think I may have forgotten to log in to BCG for a few weeks. (Not sure if the log-in rule is still 2 months but I don't think I've been away that long. I'm not sure. Haven't been active with torrents lately)

I tried to log in today and it says "This account has been disabled" :cry: My ratio was like 6+ :pinch:

Is there anyway the account can be reactivated or is it gone forever?

I know Stoi is active around here so hopefully he can answer me.

Thanks in advance!

anon
11-22-2011, 09:07 PM
Well, if it's disabled, it should still be in the database and thus able to be re-enabled.

stoi
11-22-2011, 09:19 PM
We dont prune/delete anymore for not login in, but we have been disabling for no announce, so no seeding/leeching for 2 months or more, come into our #help channel in IRC and we will have a look at your account, when the site comes back up anyway, Hosts are in the servers doing something atm, so its dead as a dodo.

sam45
11-23-2011, 01:55 AM
Don't bother trying to get your account re-enabled in the IRC.

Mods power trip over there.

I can't remember my stats exactly, but I had 18 torrents, a ratio of like 7 or so, not a single H n R ever, and when I asked to get my account re-enabled Regs flat out refused.

I PM'ed Stoi, and he didn't bother to get back to me.

Here's how the convo went.

How can he say I didn't use the account "at all" if I had 18 torrents, with a positive ratio and not HnR's?

I don't think their stats were accurate because I used it a lot more than he claims, and regardless he wouldn't re-enable it.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/4147/justifiedl.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/justifiedl.jpg/)

mjmacky
11-23-2011, 02:29 AM

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/4147/justifiedl.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/justifiedl.jpg/)

I'm one of the first to call out on power tripping irrational mod bullshit, but what you posted right there was a courteous straightforward conversation on both sides. In fact it was downright boring. You lose all your credibility now.

sam45
11-23-2011, 02:31 AM

I'm one of the first to call out on power tripping irrational mod bullshit, but what you posted right there was a courteous straightforward conversation on both sides. In fact it was downright boring. You lose all your credibility now.

Point is, they disabled the account and would not re-enable it, claiming I never used it, which clearly I did.

I had a positive ratio, NO HnR's, and I'm not convinced I didn't use within 250 days, since I did it use it a few times this year.

I state I have a positive ratio, he comes back with "so"

Maybe from my perspective it seems like he was power tripping, as it was pointless speaking to him.

Then he states "either way I disabled it, and not willing to re-enable it"

mjmacky
11-23-2011, 03:24 AM
Point is, they disabled the account and would not re-enable it, claiming I never used it, which clearly I did.

I had a positive ratio, NO HnR's, and I'm not convinced I didn't use within 250 days, since I did it use it a few times this year.

I state I have a positive ratio, he comes back with "so"

Maybe from my perspective it seems like he was power tripping, as it was pointless speaking to him.

Then he states "either way I disabled it, and not willing to re-enable it"

Point was, if that's the extent with which you've had to deal with power tripping mods/admins, consider yourself fortunate. That was too civil. Please don't take it as a praise, just a neutral acknowledgment of civility.

sam45
11-23-2011, 03:32 AM
Perhaps Power Tripping was the wrong choice of words.

Very unhelpful mods better?

As you pointed out, it was a civil conversation, yet he refused to re-enable the account. Not sure why it's such a big deal to re-enable the account, when I was willing to use it, especially since the account has a positive history.

Just bought a new computer and was looking for some PC Games.

I had one other account disabled in the last year, and the mods re-enabled it and were courteous and cool about the whole thing. Same can't be said for BCG.

import_fighter
11-23-2011, 05:23 AM
I noticed mine was disabled today. I havent downloaded or seeded in quite a while since I don't currently have a video game system. But I login daily. When I get my 360 again I would have needed it but I suppose I have other sites to get things from if they do not need me as a member.

regs8376
11-23-2011, 05:51 AM
sam, or should I say 360rulez...you forgot the part where you insulted me and called me a loser. Then you went on to say how BCG wasn't a good torrent site, said I was power tripping a couple half dozen times again (since it was all you could come up with) and that it lacked in active peers while continuing to insult me. Not only did I not insult you back, but I also wished you a happy thanksgiving :) Let me post the whole conversation for everyone.

(01:22:37) (hello) Hello, I have a question about my account
(01:25:02) (hello) I recently moved, and just noticed my account was disabled. Would love to get some help in getting my account re-enabled again please.
(01:25:04) (hello) Thank you
(01:27:00) (~regs) u didnt use the account at all
(01:27:03) (~regs) so itll stay disabled
(01:28:37) (hello) actually, I used my account a LOT
(01:28:46) (~regs) no u didnt
(01:28:46) (hello) "hello" is not my nickname
(01:28:49) (~regs) u have 18 torrents
(01:28:52) (~regs) in 3 years
(01:29:01) (~regs) i know what ur account name is
(01:29:05) (hello) oh ok
(01:29:18) (hello) but I had a positive ratio
(01:29:22) (hello) no hit n runs
(01:29:38) (~regs) so
(01:29:56) (~regs) u havent downloaded or seeded anything in over 250 days
(01:30:01) (~regs) then ebfore than 450
(01:30:45) (hello) r u sure? I used it a couple months ago
(01:30:52) (~regs) yeah im sure
(01:31:00) (~regs) im looking at ur account 360rulez now
(01:31:45) (hello) yep, that's my account
(01:31:49) (hello) I thought I had more than 18 torrents
(01:31:58) (~regs) nope
(01:32:00) (hello) I downloaded a bunch of magazines
(01:32:10) (hello) PC Mag just a couple months back
(01:32:32) (~regs) last torrent activity was 240 days ago
(01:32:38) (~regs) either way i disabled it for being inactive
01:32:39) (hello) I recently moved, and was about to start using the account again
(01:32:45) (~regs) and am not willing to re enable it
(01:33:33) (hello) alright thanks
(01:33:36) (~regs) np
(01:33:42) (hello) do you get off on powertripping?
(01:34:02) (~regs) that isnt powertripping
(01:34:07) (~regs) thats me doing my job
(01:34:14) (~regs) no reason to keep an account active if its not being used
(01:34:38) (hello) that's why BCG doesn't have that many active peers
(01:34:43) (hello) there are much better optiosn out there
(01:34:46) (~regs) k cool
(01:34:49) (~regs) u can use though
(01:34:52) (hello) didnt' want to hurt your feelings
(01:34:55) (~regs) have a nice day
(01:34:58) (~regs) u didnt
(01:35:02) (~regs) now i have a reason to ban ur ips
(01:35:07) (hello) keep power triping loser
(01:35:15) (~regs) have a nice day 360rulez
(01:35:33) (hello) see power tripping
(01:35:38) (hello) you're just a mod
(01:35:42) (hello) at a torrnet site
(01:35:51) (~regs) ok
(01:36:02) (~regs) and ur the person throwing insults around bc u cant get into said torrent site
(01:36:17) (~regs) but i really do hope you have a nice day
(01:36:25) (~regs) and hope you have a great upcoming holiday as well
(01:36:32) (hello) thanks you too
(01:36:42) (hello) Happy Thanksgiving bro
(01:37:08) (~regs) thank you
(01:37:28) (hello) keep power tripping
(01:37:28) (hello) keep power tripping
(01:37:30) (hello) LOL
(01:37:30) (hello) 403 Forbidden
(01:37:31) (hello) Unauthorized IP address.
(01:37:35) (hello) U'RE HILARIOUS
(01:37:54) (~regs) I did telly ou i was going to ban your IP addy
(01:38:07) (~regs) would you rather I have lied?...that certainly isnt in my nature
(01:38:22) (hello) it's your nature to pwoer trip
(01:38:28) (hello) ban people for not using your site
(01:38:31) (~regs) must be
(01:38:33) (~regs) yeah imagine that
(01:38:39) (~regs) you have to use the account to keep it
(01:38:40) (hello) and then look for excuses to ban their IP
(01:38:44) (~regs) thats certainly unheard of
(01:38:54) (hello) 18 torrents is using the account
(01:38:58) (~regs) no I banned your IP for your behavior here
(01:38:59) (hello) when you said I don't use it "at all"
(01:39:08) (~regs) you havent used it in the last year
(01:39:17) (hello) why does it matter if it's banned? I can't use it anyway
(01:39:20) (~regs) we do state u need to active download/seed to keep accounts
(01:40:24) (~regs) but you can ofc use those other sites you were talking about
(01:40:37) (hello) most definitely will continue to
(01:40:42) (~regs) awesome
(01:40:46) (hello) BCG isn't the only torrent sites that has games
(01:40:55) (~regs) i know that 360rulez
(01:40:57) (hello) imagine that?
(01:41:06) (~regs) indeed...you seem to be pretty clever
(01:41:17) (~regs) intelligence through the roof i would imagine
(01:41:22) (hello) that's why I no longer used BCG, won't be missed
(01:41:41) (hello) especially with power tripping mods with no life
(01:42:08) (hello) no wonder people don't like using ur site any more
(01:42:34) (~regs) awesome...I am not really sure whats worse, you accusing me of power tripping or you actually sitting here trying to insult me when you obviously have better torrent sites/irc channels to use
(01:43:22) (hello) actually being a pwoer tripping mod is much worse
(01:43:28) (hello) shows you have no life
(01:43:40) (~regs) I am glad you are sharing your opinion with me
(01:43:45) (hello) it's not an insult if it's reality
(01:43:54) (~regs) i really do hold it as inherently valuable
(01:43:58) (~regs) and will continue to cherish it
(01:44:09) (hello) thank you for your condescending replies
(01:44:13) (hello) shows your true colors
(01:44:17) (~regs) not condescending at all
(01:44:24) (hello) nope not at all
(01:44:31) (~regs) yet you call me a loser and power tripping
(01:44:38) (~regs) so please dont be a hypocrite in this chan
(01:44:38) (hello) because that's what you're doing
(01:44:47) (~regs) it is very unbecoming of you
(01:44:48) (hello) I'm not a hypocrite
(01:44:50) (hello) being quite clear
(01:44:54) (~regs) are we done here
(01:45:01) (~regs) or shall i ban your IP from this server as well
(01:45:19) (hello) will that help you sleep better at night?
(01:45:24) (~regs) ofc not
(01:45:29) (~regs) i dont enjoy banning ppl
(01:45:41) (hello) you seem to get a high off it
(01:45:47) (~regs) i dont see that
(01:45:50) (~regs) but if you say so
(01:45:53) (~regs) it must be true
(01:46:29) (hello) you banned my account, kept it banned, were consdescending, then banned my IP, now you're threatening to ban my IP here
(01:46:35) (hello) banning is in your nature
(01:47:10) (hello) or it fills the void
(01:47:45) (~regs) no i banned u for inactivity which was the right thing to do, I responded in the same demeanor I was spoken to, then I banned your IPs since you insulted me here, and I will ban your IP on this server since you are spamming our #waitingroom
(01:48:23) (hello) oh no please don't
(01:48:30) (hello) this seems like such a cool place to hangout at
(01:48:46) (~regs) well you are more than welcome to go those better sites you spoke of
(01:48:57) (~regs) you seem to have an unhealthy attachment to a site u are no longer a member of though
(01:49:11) (hello) LOL - that's what you'd love to think
(01:49:16) (hello) if I hadn't used it in 240 days
(01:49:20) (hello) am I really that attached?
(01:49:22) (~regs) goodbye 360rulez
(01:53:45) • Quits: hello ([email protected]) : [ Insert Coin(s) ]

I still do wish you the best of luck in your torrenting career on all those "better" sites and I really do hope you have a nice Thanksgiving with your family :D

sam45
11-23-2011, 06:57 AM
sam, or should I say 360rulez...you forgot the part where you insulted me and called me a loser. Then you went on to say how BCG wasn't a good torrent site, said I was power tripping a couple half dozen times again (since it was all you could come up with) and that it lacked in active peers while continuing to insult me. Not only did I not insult you back, but I also wished you a happy thanksgiving :) Let me post the whole conversation for everyone.
I still do wish you the best of luck in your torrenting career on all those "better" sites and I really do enjoy you have a nice Thanksgiving with your family :D

Thanks for posting, it only shows your passive aggressive nature, I'm glad you posted my user name as well, hoping that I use that on other trackers. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I use unique user names on every tracker.

I posted the chat to show there was no getting through to you, when all you have in your mind is ban, ban, ban, you even banned my IP for calling you out for the way you were being. Did I swear at you? No.

At that point, what difference did it make? You weren't un-banning my account, and were stern and rigid about it. Before that I was civil and polite in my request.

I said you were power tripping, and called you a loser, because that's how you come across. If you weren't power tripping, and if you weren't a loser, you wouldn't have taken that as an insult, but instead, to show your superiority, you immediately banned my IP. Then you wanted to ban my IP on IRC, because banning my account was not enough for you.

You think you're clever saying "I still do wish you the best of luck in your torrenting career on all those "better" sites and I really do enjoy you have a nice Thanksgiving with your family :D", when in reality all you're doing is mocking, just like what you did in the entire convo, thanks for coming to show your true colors.

In the 4 years I've been torrenting, no one has pushed my buttons the way you do, you should be very proud. I've never had issues of any sort on other sites, and I'm an uploader on several of them.

Gaming has become much less of a priority in my life, so that's why I don't use your site as frequently as you would like your members to.

How come your email in the IRC is [email protected], shouldn't that be Stoi's email?

psxcite
11-23-2011, 07:11 AM
I feel your pain, man. I too was in your shoes. But what you (and I at the time) failed to realize, you can't create an account with the intent to seed and bank away gigs to use one day. The site has a limited number of users and they need active members to ensure good speed and the health of the tracker. Hell, they even have an extremely generous SP system as well.

So just do what I had to do. Get a new account and start over. It took me close to a year to finally get back in, but it isn't impossible. Especially lately. But it does appear you might have burned a bridge with the rude comments in irc.

phileas
11-23-2011, 07:22 AM
Dear Skiz or the moderating team:
Since I can't pm you I'll have to resort to posting this so you can mod preview it.
I've been accused of have duplicate accounts. I'm Phileas and regs is regs. We're both administrators at bcgs, ask stoi and he'll confirm this. I hope this can be resolved.
Regards Phileas.

sam45
11-23-2011, 07:26 AM
I feel your pain, man. I too was in your shoes. But what you (and I at the time) failed to realize, you can't create an account with the intent to seed and bank away gigs to use one day. The site has a limited number of users and they need active members to ensure good speed and the health of the tracker. Hell, they even have an extremely generous SP system as well.

So just do what I had to do. Get a new account and start over. It took me close to a year to finally get back in, but it isn't impossible. Especially lately. But it does appear you might have burned a bridge with the rude comments in irc.

Yeah, it's all good. Definitely wasn't my proudest moment. I've never been rude like that to people on IRC, but this guy just pushed my buttons with his passive aggressive nature.

I tried to reason with him, he said "Either way I disabled it for being inactive, and not willing to re-enable it" I just felt like he was talking down at me.

He went as far as banning my IP, so there's no way of me signing up again.

Also, I'm quite familiar with how the SP system works, ratio is pretty pointless in BCG, since everything has to be seeded back 1:1. That's one of the things I loved most about the site, I feel they're the only ones that got the seeding system right. Even if there's no one to seed back to, you can still bring each torrent to 1:1, so a buffer is pretty pointless. Only reason I had a buffer was when I had a seedbox, I helped seed some torrents.

I had a Gold badge, not a single H n R, all torrents seeded to 1:1 and beyond, contacted the staff ONCE in the last 3 years to update my email address after my move, but got banned due to not using the account recently.

I guess I was upset at how he was talking to me with his condescending attitude, and passive aggressive nature, it wasn't cool to treat me that way after being a good member for over 3 years.

mjmacky
11-23-2011, 01:01 PM
I take back my comments claiming civility. If I wish to express a negative opinion directly towards a mod during a dialogue, I tend to obfuscate it. It's a bit more pleasurable to observe their lack of comprehension than to aim for direct insult. That tends to require some quick wit; so, not for everyone.

Another note on the entire IRC dialogue: like any other IRC chat log it's rife with spelling errors and grammatical mistakes (generally an unpleasant read). Why do few too people care about these things?

stoi
11-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Thats not his email, thats his vhost because he is admin.

I really dont see whats so hard in having an announce every couple of months, even if its just helping seed something (you dont even need to download to have an announce), but we are seeing members with 0 comments, 0 forum posts, never come into IRC and with a last announce of > 3 months up to 4 years and expecting to keep their accounts, I just have a hard time fathoming out why they still want to be members.

Its not like its hard to seed on BCG, we make something to help members, the SP System and members are scared of it, they have even said, some of the ones we have disabled, they use us as a pre channel, just to see whats out then they go to another site and download, whats the fucking point (and yes thats me swearing about it as i cant get my head around it).

Bottom line is, if you cant use the tracker, even just to help seed some things (thats what a community is about after all, seeding and keeping torrents alive for others to grab) then whats the point of you being a member.

Cabalo
11-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Dear Skiz or the moderating team:
Since I can't pm you I'll have to resort to posting this so you can mod preview it.
I've been accused of have duplicate accounts. I'm Phileas and regs is regs. We're both administrators at bcgs, ask stoi and he'll confirm this. I hope this can be resolved.
Regards Phileas.
Please open a report on the corresponding report section so you can privately have a chat with the mod that issued the infraction. For now that's all I can do.

By the way, my account was disabled too. Indeed I didn't use it much lately, like any other tracker for that matter, as I'm currently on newsgroups.
It's a pity to lose such an old account, but you gotta understand they want to filter their site and maybe get a much clearer vision of their userbase, and whom they can really count with. Have no idea how many members BCG currently had, but my guess was "too many".

And about that chat log, that's how it works in many situations in life. People are polite when they are trying to get something, and once they realize it won't happen they resort to deliver their frustration on the nearest figure of authority.

stoi
11-23-2011, 03:49 PM
No offence, but we have "too many" that are a waste of space, we have about 42000 members, but only 10,000 Unique peers, 800 tops have uploaded a torrent, 30,000+ havnt made a comment or a forum post 41,700 have never set foot in IRC, and 10,000 havnt had an announce for 2 months or more, 2,000 hadnt had one for over a year.

Its not really about them taking a space, or putting more load on the server, its just about them being a waste of space (in the nicest possible way).

I use usenet 99.9% of the time, but i still seed on the tracker, but then because i use usenet, i am not a member of any other trackers, because i know i wont use them, so i never joined up, I would not expect to still have my account, if i just logged in and never ever used it for months/years.

mjmacky
11-23-2011, 04:59 PM
41,700 have never set foot in IRC

This is the one that shouldn't really be a concern. As opposed to site hosted chatting, getting into IRC for many is too complicated, and when you get there it's filled with a bunch of boys making homosexual references towards each other. Not worth any effort IMO.

stoi
11-23-2011, 05:06 PM
I know, it was just a point i was making, i dont give a crap about IRC either, but i am in there, because i have to be, we have 100 in, 5-10 speak, and sometimes i wish there was homosexual boy referances as at least it would look busy lol (IE at lest they are talking about something)

kitsunisan
11-24-2011, 02:31 AM
Hope you don't mind me posting this here myself dragon, but I'm in the same spot, just found out my account was disabled. Most likely due to inactivity, I haven't done a lot of downloading lately. Saw Stoi's post on page 1, looks like the irc is still down, if it is regs, would you be willing to take a look at why my account was disabled? If it's inactivity, I can pick it up now, I need a couple of things, plan on downloading at least 10gb now. My pc has been down since the beginning of September, so I haven't had a reliable way to download and seed. I've had this account for almost 6 years, I'd hate to lose it.

luis1210
11-24-2011, 03:13 PM
Hi, I've also been disabled even though i was seeding a torrent, I haven't been very active this year since I only own an unmodded ps3. However I just bought a new gaming pc and wanted to start downloading some games. I've had this account since 2006 and I check the page often, this came as a surprise for me. But I would like it if you could re enable my account. I might not be the greatest user but I follow the rules and share. Thanks.

regs8376
11-24-2011, 03:22 PM
Hope you don't mind me posting this here myself dragon, but I'm in the same spot, just found out my account was disabled. Most likely due to inactivity, I haven't done a lot of downloading lately. Saw Stoi's post on page 1, looks like the irc is still down, if it is regs, would you be willing to take a look at why my account was disabled? If it's inactivity, I can pick it up now, I need a couple of things, plan on downloading at least 10gb now. My pc has been down since the beginning of September, so I haven't had a reliable way to download and seed. I've had this account for almost 6 years, I'd hate to lose it.

Is your account nick the same one being used here? If so, I have re enabled the account but would like you to clear the 6 hit and runs you have please. Thank you.

Hi, I've also been disabled even though i was seeding a torrent, I haven't been very active this year since I only own an unmodded ps3. However I just bought a new gaming pc and wanted to start downloading some games. I've had this account since 2006 and I check the page often, this came as a surprise for me. But I would like it if you could re enable my account. I might not be the greatest user but I follow the rules and share. Thanks.

Luis1210...thank you for bringing your account to my attention...I have since re enabled your account, so feel free to log back in ;)

dacore
11-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Got the same issue. Just saw that my account was disabled. Iīve moved about six weeks ago and hasnīt been able to use this (BCG) or any other site for a few weeks (just got Internet on the new adress for about 1-2 weeks ago). If itīs possible Iīd really like to get it activated again. If you donīt believe me perhaps you can see my IP adress when I login? Itīs not the same as the last 3-4 years which I had in the old appartment. Thanx in advance! Same nick there as here.

bijoy
11-24-2011, 07:58 PM
Can I get my account back? :lol:

luis1210
11-24-2011, 10:03 PM
Thank you very much regs! See you there!

MusicalMind
11-25-2011, 01:04 PM
You were completely owned there.

In fact, regs was great to you. I would have been a lot less polite.

SATELITES
11-25-2011, 01:12 PM
I will appreciate your help to un-dissable my account,

Username: SATELITES

Thanks in advance for support

SATELITES
11-25-2011, 02:15 PM
my mind was in order place, problems in spain
you know, no present no future no job.....

regs8376
11-25-2011, 03:38 PM
I will appreciate your help to un-dissable my account,

Username: SATELITES

Thanks in advance for support

Satelites, you hadnt used your account in a little less than 3 years besides logging in and out. Last torrent was 550 days ago and before that 970 days. The account will remain disabled and you will have to get back in through open signups. dacore, you will have to come into our help channel to speak to us. bijoy, your account will always be banned since you are a filthy cheater :lol:

SATELITES
11-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Please can you about #help channel ? how conect?

Sorry

regs8376
11-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Please can you about #help channel ? how conect?

Sorry

irc.blackcats-games.net:6667

SATELITES
11-25-2011, 04:25 PM
Thanks,

I hope will be there soon

jhsj
11-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Dear stoi,

I tried to log in Blackcats today, but it seems my account was disabled.
Would you kindly re-enable it?
My username is jhsj
Thanks!

phileas
11-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Dear stoi,

I tried to log in Blackcats today, but it seems my account was disabled.
Would you kindly re-enable it?
My username is jhsj
Thanks!

Please join irc on irc.blackcats-games.net:6667 and join the #help channel

kitsunisan
11-25-2011, 11:26 PM
Is your account nick the same one being used here? If so, I have re enabled the account but would like you to clear the 6 hit and runs you have please. Thank you.

Thanks regs. I know I have a couple of dings, I was trying to get some of it cleared out before my pc went down. I think the two Blazblue torrents and Catherine soundtrack had just been downloaded and were being seeded before things went south with my pc. I've got those on my psp, I can get that cleared out easily. The other three I have to try and find again. Trying to go through my stuff to see if I have the original files, otherwise I'll redownload them. Thanks again.
Whoops, the Blazblue's are rar'd, I'll have to download those again anyway. :cry:

aussiemum
11-27-2011, 04:20 AM
Could you have a look at my account too please? I have been an active member in the past, but just a bit limited at the moment (no ps2 anymore, and can only use non scrubbed pal iso ) It's been disabled due to inactivity I think :unsure:

regs8376
11-27-2011, 06:37 AM
Could you have a look at my account too please? I have been an active member in the past, but just a bit limited at the moment (no ps2 anymore, and can only use non scrubbed pal iso ) It's been disabled due to inactivity I think :unsure:

You will have to come into our IRC channel and speak to someone.

dragon4chen
11-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Holy shit. I did not know my post was already "approved" by the moderators here. Sorry for MIA, guys. I thought I'd be receiving email or something saying my thread is alive and such. Lol. As you can see, I'm very "n00b". I guess I wasn't really "active" then. =/ I should've been keeping up-to-date with the change of rules, I guess. Thanks for the input, guys. Sorry, if I seemed unresponsive as I didn't know the thread was up and going. Haha.

dmiltant187
11-27-2011, 09:05 PM
Regs8376 can you check on the status of my account, it is saying my account is disabled. I have been trying to get into the irc chat and I can not figure out why it will not let me in. If you could please help, I would appreciate it.

phileas
11-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Could everyone who has been disabled please join bcgs irc #help irc.blackcats-games.net:6667. To speed things up could you join using your site nick.

Burnsy
11-28-2011, 05:20 PM
Could everyone who has been disabled please join bcgs irc #help irc.blackcats-games.net:6667. To speed things up could you join using your site nick.

I did wonder how long it would take, despite repeated requests for disabled users to join IRC, before one staffer actually thought "enough's enough"

It really is a testament to how much disabled viewers valued their accounts on BCG when they couldn't even be arsed finding out the BCG support channel and found their way in to ask there instead :lol:

monkeydude
11-30-2011, 07:17 PM
EDIT: Right, seems I suck at reading... I'll go through IRC.

Hi,

This is a post for Stoi since it seems that others have had success getting in touch with you via this forum. I've recently had my account on Blackcats disabled (same user name) and I was wondering if it would be at all possible to have it re-enabled or at least get some light shed on the circumstances of the disable. My guess is that it was due to what might have shown up as recent hit and runs since I have about 10+ torrents that I was seeding back last I checked though I'm not sure if that was the reason. I've had this account for years and have seeded back well over 100 torrents properly to 1.0 or higher with the exception of only a few. It was of course my intention to seed back these recent ones as well but I may have d/led too much at once, wasn't seeding them frequently enough, etc...

Anyway if you could let me know, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks man

capgreyfox
12-01-2011, 07:23 AM
Hi there,

regs, you must be getting tired of this, but can you check my account? It's rasusino
I didn't download anything lately for lack of time (studies, work, etc), but if that's the sole reason I've been disabled, I'm willing to remedy it.
I have been using the site for quite a long time and I REALLY love it, it would strike me very hard to lose it for something like that.

I hope it can be re-enable.
Thanks!

phileas
12-01-2011, 09:53 AM
@monkeydude: please join bcg's irc #help and speak to myself.

@capgreyfox: please join bcgs irc, using the nick 'rasusino'.

optimus78
12-02-2011, 08:59 AM
why my acc Disabled account ante78

temisturk
12-02-2011, 10:22 AM
why my acc Disabled account ante78

please join bcgs irc [ #help irc.blackcats-games.net:6667 ] using the nick 'ante78'.

tommyboy
12-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Never used irc before so i need a little help

I installed chatzilla via firefox and type irc.blackcats-games.net:6667 but get an error

SyntaxError: invalid label

thanks

temisturk
12-02-2011, 01:01 PM
I've not used chatzilla, but perhaps try entering just irc.blackcats-games.net as I think 6667 is the default port so you probably don't need to specify it.

anon
12-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Never used irc before so i need a little help

I installed chatzilla via firefox and type irc.blackcats-games.net:6667 but get an error

SyntaxError: invalid label

thanks

http://chatzilla.hacksrus.com/faq/#connect

tommyboy
12-02-2011, 09:57 PM
thanks guys

got it working

Burnsy
12-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Yes, although I suppose it depends on what you mean by 'nice', but either way they have a pretty vast collection

Funkin'
12-03-2011, 12:26 PM
They've got a Delta Force pack.

thebazzla
12-03-2011, 12:34 PM
nice..will request an invite after a monththey dont have an invite system just look out for the open sign ups they have...

anon
12-03-2011, 05:42 PM
do they have nice old pc games?

Yes, although I suppose it depends on what you mean by 'nice', but either way they have a pretty vast collection

i was looking for delta force for a while .. are you a member there ? do they have that game?

nice..will request an invite after a month

nice..will request an invite after a monththey dont have an invite system just look out for the open sign ups they have...

yup will do

Looks like J-Dye is one of the guys now :P

thebazzla
12-03-2011, 05:49 PM

i was looking for delta force for a while .. are you a member there ? do they have that game?

nice..will request an invite after a month

yup will do

Looks like J-Dye is one of the guys now :Pi thought he started his posting in the lounge first back on topic i just recently got disabled on BCG but i aint going to to start using irc at my time of life....

kingrichard200
12-03-2011, 06:14 PM
My account was recently disabled as well, it was my fault for wrongly assuming that simply logging in would prevent both auto-pruning and disabling. I hadn't been active in the community this year due to some life changes and had been good about logging in to prevent auto-pruning and to check out what changes the community was going through. I wanted to start contributing again to the community, looks like now we'll have to wait for open-signups as according to Blackcat's irc #help channel, that is the only way to become a member again, there are no more invites according to #help.

temisturk
12-03-2011, 09:25 PM
I don't know about bcg but another site I belong to has an option where you can set your membership status to inactive if you know you're going to be away for a while and that protects it from auto pruning.

nihlathak_
12-06-2011, 09:22 AM
I don't know about bcg but another site I belong to has an option where you can set your membership status to inactive if you know you're going to be away for a while and that protects it from auto pruning.

BCG allows you to 'park' your account.

vegas_mishto
12-29-2011, 02:47 AM
Hey guys! I need to talk to the admins so I tried to join the channel, but I just see myself in the chat room... is this a problem with my irc configuration or they have specific times when they are online?
thanks.

anon
12-29-2011, 02:51 AM
Hey guys! I need to talk to the admins so I tried to join the channel, but I just see myself in the chat room...

And you have an @ next to your name? That's a typical sign of joining the wrong channel and/or server. Check if you typed the name correctly...

cinephilia
12-29-2011, 08:00 PM
my BCG account got disabled too but i have no intention to get it back. accounts don't get disabled for no reason.

underdog
01-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Hiya folks.

Does anyone have information about the site, is it up or down?
I tried to join the mirc but it just keeps spamming me about

* Connect retry #77 irc.blackcats-games.net (6667)
* Unable to resolve server
* Connect retry #78 irc.blackcats-games.net (6667)
* Unable to resolve server

so i cant get into their channels to ask anyone about why i cant access either site or irc. :cry:

phileas
01-03-2012, 11:13 PM
We're down for the server move. Should be up in a few hours at best, a few days at worst.

vegas_mishto
01-09-2012, 07:32 AM
Hey guys
I'm also having trouble with the site and the irc channel
last month my account and my boyfriend's account seemed to be disabled :cry:
I wonder if it's because we logged in at the same place...
but I'm also confused if it's because the site is down and stuff
I don't know what to do cause I'm afraid to wait too much and lose my account completely :(

phileas
01-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Hey guys
I don't know what to do cause I'm afraid to wait too much and lose my account completely :(

Whilst the hosts are still moving house no one can give you much advice except this. Keep checking the site every day untill it is up. Then attempt login and you will recieve irc information, where a memeber of staff will be able to assist.

vegas_mishto
01-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Hey guys

Whilst the hosts are still moving house no one can give you much advice except this. Keep checking the site every day untill it is up. Then attempt login and you will recieve irc information, where a memeber of staff will be able to assist.

ok Phileas
thanks for your help
I will wait then :)

missharris
01-14-2012, 07:29 PM
I'm a active member of BCGs and was wondering whats going on with the serer move. I continue to check but keep getting a website not found message. when they get back up and running is it going to be the same address. also I tried to get them on IRC but as others it wont connect. I just want to make sure it isn't me and the site is still unavailable. thank you any help would be greatly appreciated.

Burnsy
01-14-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm a active member of BCGs and was wondering whats going on with the serer move. I continue to check but keep getting a website not found message. when they get back up and running is it going to be the same address. also I tried to get them on IRC but as others it wont connect. I just want to make sure it isn't me and the site is still unavailable. thank you any help would be greatly appreciated.

Seriously... you did read the post directly before your own, didn't you? Everything you asked was pretty much answered in there :idunno:

missharris
01-14-2012, 08:44 PM
Yes sir Burnsy I did but I wasn't sure if it was the server only or the site as well like they done before sorry for the stupid question I was just unclear......

Burnsy
01-15-2012, 11:23 AM
Everything indicated, from the staff themselves, to date had advised the site is down only because of the server changes as the hosts move to a new data centre... nothing has been forthcoming as to any problem with the site itself (and by that I assume you mean the tracker/databases/front end etc)

Liemliem
02-04-2012, 08:41 PM
I would really like to use this site again. My account was in excellent standing when in use, but recently had a child and life was a little hectic. So I didn't use it in awhile.. Account disabled and no way to re-enable. Went on the IRC channel and asked but was simply denied. If any bcg mod reads this, please reconsider my re-enabling my account "liemliem". Thanks.

regs8376
02-05-2012, 05:06 AM
liemliem, like I told you in our help channel earlier, your account was inactive for far too long. Also, you were disabled over 3 months ago and only came in to talk about it today. Your account will remain disabled but you are free to make a new account if you catch open registrations in the future.

P2PDog
02-05-2012, 07:18 AM
liemliem, like I told you in our help channel earlier, your account was inactive for far too long. Also, you were disabled over 3 months ago and only came in to talk about it today. Your account will remain disabled but you are free to make a new account if you catch open registrations in the future.

That makes no sense to me. If he's free to make a new account, why not just re-enable his old one?

regs8376
02-05-2012, 08:26 AM

That makes no sense to me. If he's free to make a new account, why not just re-enable his old one?

If accounts get pruned for inactivity they are allowed to create a new account in the future...don't see why this is any different. These members aren't banned, they are simply disabled for not using the account. The IP's and those associated with their accounts aren't banned as well. Why don't I re enable the old account? Because I don't think they deserve it and because they stopped using it. If they are going to go through the trouble of getting an account through open signups in the future then so be it. At least this time around maybe they will continue to keep using the account instead of letting it sit idle.

IdolEyes787
02-05-2012, 01:27 PM

The same thing happened to me(being disabled after long membership) and not being given to excessive acts of insincerity was the precise reason I couldn't see myself protesting it.

If accounts get pruned for inactivity they are allowed to create a new account in the future...don't see why this is any different. These members aren't banned, they are simply disabled for not using the account. The IP's and those associated with their accounts aren't banned as well. Why don't I re enable the old account? Because I don't think they deserve it and because they stopped using it. If they are going to go through the trouble of getting an account through open signups in the future then so be it. At least this time around maybe they will continue to keep using the account instead of letting it sit idle.

What I have never understood though is that as presumably inactive accounts put no stress on a site's resources ,why it is they need to disabled?
I mean beyond your apparent spite." I don't think they deserve it ". :mellow: As opposed to AIDS workers or something.:mellow:

Liemliem
02-05-2012, 02:45 PM
I don't want to go through all the details of my life but basically my kid was born with an issue and maintaining an active account wasn't on my mind.
But I understand it's a policy and theres no real way to identify those with legititmate reasons vs those who simple just let their accounts go idle.
I will just keep my eyes open for open registration or invite. Again thanks for looking into it. Some other sites might not have even responded.

stan
02-05-2012, 08:00 PM
There is no invite system at present just random open sign ups.

nihlathak_
02-07-2012, 12:36 PM
What I have never understood though is that as presumably inactive accounts put no stress on a site's resources ,why it is they need to disabled?
I mean beyond your apparent spite." I don't think they deserve it ". :mellow: As opposed to AIDS workers or something.:mellow:
To make room for new, hopefully active, accounts.

IdolEyes787
02-07-2012, 06:06 PM

To make room for new, hopefully active, accounts.
I guess you missed the part about no additional stress on the site's resources.:unsure:

Burnsy
02-07-2012, 09:56 PM

That makes no sense whatsoever tbh... if an inactive account has been held in the database for "far too long", and was only disabled 3 months ago, for whatever reason at all... then it's apparent that pruning (if indeed it happens) is very, very infrequent. Peoples lives don't revolve round torrent sites, so yeah why not disable for inactivity, but when users come back, is there any great problem in re-enabling them? :unsure:

Generally I've found it's to stop collectors and traders keeping 'currency' in their arsenal... makes sense to me to disable inactive accounts, but makes no sense not re-enabling accounts if you can verify the user, and then keeping an eye on it to make sure it's being used...

stoi
02-09-2012, 02:12 PM
I think of it like a football ground, If you have a 50,000 seater football stadium, and 50,000 fans, but only 10,000 turn up week after week, then whats the point of having the other 40,000, knock down the stadium and build a 15,000 one, so you have some room incase 5,000 want to come back.

And resources, fair enough, but they do have PMs and Forum posts linked to their accounts, which do take up space, OK 1 member wont take up that much, but 30,000 accounts do.

If you dont use the tracker, whats the point of being a member, and a lot of these we have disabled, have not used the tracker for over a year, and it was 4 months ago we disabled them, and we are still getting ppl coming out of the woodwork.

Its also not like we are shut tight anymore like we were a few years ago, I have opened and let in a few thousand members, and once the tracker side is back up, I may open again for a period, so its not like they are frozen out and cant get in, but they must not have cared about their other account that much, to not use it at all for 7months to 2 years.

P2PDog
02-09-2012, 04:52 PM
I think of it like a football ground, If you have a 50,000 seater football stadium, and 50,000 fans, but only 10,000 turn up week after week, then whats the point of having the other 40,000, knock down the stadium and build a 15,000 one, so you have some room incase 5,000 want to come back.

And resources, fair enough, but they do have PMs and Forum posts linked to their accounts, which do take up space, OK 1 member wont take up that much, but 30,000 accounts do.

If you dont use the tracker, whats the point of being a member, and a lot of these we have disabled, have not used the tracker for over a year, and it was 4 months ago we disabled them, and we are still getting ppl coming out of the woodwork.

Its also not like we are shut tight anymore like we were a few years ago, I have opened and let in a few thousand members, and once the tracker side is back up, I may open again for a period, so its not like they are frozen out and cant get in, but they must not have cared about their other account that much, to not use it at all for 7months to 2 years.

Does one disabled account + one newly registered account take less resources than one re-enabled account?

stoi
02-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Like i said its got sod all to do with resources, they didnt use the account, so bye bye, if they want another then they can join and start from scratch.

Burnsy
02-09-2012, 05:53 PM

Totally agree, that if someone's not gonna use their account it gets disabled, and I suppose quite rightly should eventually be deleted... The point I was trying to make was though... IF the account hasn't been pruned yet, and the user in question comes back with a legitimate reason for having been away, and would like the account re-enabled only to be told "no", then it comes down more to the attitude of the staffer than the fault of the user, imo... almost sounds like "I've got it, it's there, but you can't have it anymore"... what's the point in that? Apart from forcing the user to go through the inconvenience of finding an invite, or waiting for sign ups again.

Peoples lives don't (sorry shouldn't) revolve round trackers, and it's normal to be away for periods as long as you're aware your account's at risk of eventual deletion... but in this instance it wasn't (i.e. it was still there)

stoi
02-09-2012, 06:37 PM
The point is though, they are only interested in it, when they cant use it, when they could use it, they didnt give a shite about it, if they did, they would have used it.

I know their lives dont revolve around trackers, but we are talking 7 months + without a single announce here, so have never seeded or leeched at all in that time, and we didnt delete torrents either at that time, so they cant say they did, as they didnt.

and we keep the accounts for our reference, if they turn up for a global ban somewhere, we have them and can make sure they dont get in again, instead of just saying, not here sorry, when they were a member but we havnt a clue they were a member, because we pruned them.

Burnsy
02-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Hmmm... some of what you say makes sense, and I agree with, but there's others that don't and are kinda contradictory... maybe I'm picking it up wrong, and we'll agree to disagree :)

IdolEyes787
02-09-2012, 11:53 PM
Like i said its got sod all to do with resources, they didnt use the account, so bye bye, if they want another then they can join and start from scratch.

I don't know why everyone says that I'd be a horrible staff member as I can be as spiteful and petty as the next guy.

Btw that was an attempt at a joke.While the point I think holds true I definitely understand why someone such as yourself wouldn't exactly appreciate those members that seem to take the privilege they have been given for granted.
I know I don't appreciate the many fucks here that are a disservice to this site and I don't even have a concerned interest in it.If I had nurtured it with my own sweat and tears disabling would be the least of their worries .I'd probably see if I could hire a contract killer to go something about it.:mellow:

BitMan55
02-19-2012, 01:44 AM
this happen to me and with out reason so i gorget it

stoi
02-19-2012, 08:00 PM
There is a reason for everything, you didnt use your account (even though i have no idea who the hell you are, but if this happened to you, you didnt) so why do you still want to be a member?

P2PDog
02-20-2012, 06:19 AM
People have real lives that sometimes make them too busy to do things like download games. I could understand you not wanting to re-enable an account that was never used, but if someone used their account and was an otherwise good member, then was inactive for a period of time, but later returned and explained that they were too busy in real life for torrenting but that things have now changed and they'd like to be a member again, I honestly can't understand your reasoning for not wanting to re-enable their once-active accounts. It seems very selfish, small minded, and petty to me, and it's not at all what I expected from you.

stoi
02-21-2012, 11:54 AM
People have real lives that sometimes make them too busy to do things like download games. I could understand you not wanting to re-enable an account that was never used, but if someone used their account and was an otherwise good member, then was inactive for a period of time, but later returned and explained that they were too busy in real life for torrenting but that things have now changed and they'd like to be a member again, I honestly can't understand your reasoning for not wanting to re-enable their once-active accounts. It seems very selfish, small minded, and petty to me, and it's not at all what I expected from you.

So they only come back, 5 months after they are banned, and then say, oh i want to use it now, yeah right.

I just dont have any sympathy, all they had to do was seed something they downloaded, even from elsewhere, its not hard, its what a tracker is about, if no one seeds there isnt any tracker for them to come back to.

Sorry too late, cya, bye bye, not my problem really.

absent_today
02-21-2012, 04:37 PM
^ You haven't replied to my PM :rolleyes:

Burnsy
02-21-2012, 05:00 PM
So they only come back, 5 months after they are banned, and then say, oh i want to use it now, yeah right.

I just dont have any sympathy, all they had to do was seed something they downloaded, even from elsewhere, its not hard, its what a tracker is about, if no one seeds there isnt any tracker for them to come back to.

So say I go away for 6 months to work abroad with no net access, or if there is it certainly doesn't allow any BT traffic... no fault of my own, and my account's disabled... then is it just tough shit for me then? Despite the fact I do use the account I have now and again? And btw, I'm by no means a major user, just every so often I like to chill out and play a game for a while...

IdolEyes787
02-21-2012, 05:15 PM

So say I go away for 6 months to work abroad with no net access, or if there is it certainly doesn't allow any BT traffic... no fault of my own, and my account's disabled... then is it just tough shit for me then? Despite the fact I do use the account I have now and again? And btw, I'm by no means a major user, just every so often I like to chill out and play a game for a while...

You should have thought of that before you decided to waste your time defending the World against terrorism.

Burnsy
02-21-2012, 05:21 PM
You should have thought of that before you decided to waste your time defending the World against terrorism.

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? I'm using a valid and relevant example of what can happen to see what the site's stance would be on that, for other users info... (just so you're aware though, whenever I do go away, I have in the past PM'd stoi who's been pretty understanding about things)

Maybe I should just spend my time between the Gym, taking anti depressants and go playing with Moose cawks in my spare time...

IdolEyes787
02-21-2012, 05:27 PM

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? I'm using a valid and relevant example of what can happen to see what the site's stance would be on that, for other users info... (just so you're aware though, whenever I do go away, I have in the past PM'd stoi who's been pretty understanding about things)

Maybe I should just spend my time between the Gym, taking anti depressants and go playing with Moose cawks in my spare time...
I don't take antidepressants and what it had to do with anything is that it was meant to be an extreme example to illustrate a point,a compliment of sorts and a joke.:mellow:
Forgive me for attempting all three and please continue with the serious issue of stealing stuff and treating other people badly.

Burnsy
02-21-2012, 05:37 PM
I don't take antidepressants and what it had to do with anything is that it was meant to be an extreme example to illustrate a point,a compliment of sorts and a joke.:mellow:
Forgive me for attempting all three and please continue with the serious issue of stealing stuff and treating other people badly.

It was an example of someone going away and not using their account for a while... relevant, as I know it happens... extreme, yeah, but everyone has different reasons s for being away for a while... they can apply their own circumstance...

Serious issue about stealing stuff? Where was that mentioned... I think you'll find it was a question to see the site's stance on people with legitimate reasons going away for a while and not using their accounts on and off... since when did asking a question become a serious business?

I fail to see any compliment or humour in what you posted, but to each their own I 'spose...

Who exactly was being treated badly? Didn't you see my humour there either? Bummer...

IdolEyes787
02-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Didn't you see my humour there either? Bummer...

Probably because here in Canada moose cawks are serious business.

stoi
02-23-2012, 09:53 AM
Burnsy i believe you answered your own question.

(just so you're aware though, whenever I do go away, I have in the past PM'd stoi who's been pretty understanding about things)

When we used to prune if someone got in touch and said they knew they were going away for awhile, lack of internet, away to Iraq etc we would make them VIP so they didnt get pruned, now no one gets pruned as we lose all disabled members by doing so (they havnt logged in so bye bye) its easy to fix actually, just never got around to it lol

Now we would add something to their staff comments, so they wouldnt get disabled.

But in 8-9 years its the first time we have done this, we have warned that we may do this for the past 3 years, we done it, and all we get is grief (seems thats pretty much all we get lol) and we probably wont be doing it again for at least another year or so (if we even do it again).

gabrielmgn
04-01-2012, 08:25 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I'd like to ask to you Admins if you could possibly re-enable my account (same name as this account)... Although I did never enter the forums or IRC, I had no hit'n'runs and had positive ratio... My problem was when my xbox crashed and I didn't download many games for it anymore... Now I got a new one and will be back on work. I was too downloading games for Wii, but I guess that problem with the trackers got my torrents down or something, I don't really know... Anyway, if you could look into my case, it would mean a lot! Thank you!

catclaw11
04-10-2012, 01:33 AM
stoi I wanted to PM you a question but don't know how to do this on here. Could you message me, just have a real quick question.

anon
04-10-2012, 02:11 AM
stoi I wanted to PM you a question but don't know how to do this on here. Could you message me, just have a real quick question.

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/166005-Requirements-to-access-BT-Invites-section-or-send-PMs

karlk
04-13-2012, 02:37 PM

(just so you're aware though, whenever I do go away, I have in the past PM'd stoi who's been pretty understanding about things)

When we used to prune if someone got in touch and said they knew they were going away for awhile, lack of internet, away to Iraq etc we would make them VIP so they didnt get pruned, now no one gets pruned as we lose all disabled members by doing so (they havnt logged in so bye bye) its easy to fix actually, just never got around to it lol

Now we would add something to their staff comments, so they wouldnt get disabled.

But in 8-9 years its the first time we have done this, we have warned that we may do this for the past 3 years, we done it, and all we get is grief (seems thats pretty much all we get lol) and we probably wont be doing it again for at least another year or so (if we even do it again).

Hi stoi,

I just registered here at the forum, as I thought to be able to leave you a PM then.
But restrictions seem to not allow that for "new users".
So I added you to my contacts to hopefully be able to contact you _then_ directly via PM as I need to ask you something about bcn.
Thanks in advance for adding me just for a short time to be able to talk with you just quick then. :-)

Talk to you soon then hopefully,
KarlK

stoi
04-13-2012, 11:09 PM

Hi stoi,

I just registered here at the forum, as I thought to be able to leave you a PM then.
So I added you to my contacts to hopefully be able to contact you _then_ directly via PM as I need to ask you something about bcn.
Thanks in advance for adding me just for a short time to be able to talk with you just quick then. :-)

KarlK

I still cant PM you.

karlk
04-15-2012, 12:10 PM
Hi stoi,

KarlK

I still cant PM you.

Damn! :-/
Weird forum-software here or what!? :-(
What can we do. Really need to just get ahold of you please!
Any other chance to achieve this? (which won't spam you with messages from all others here then, too, if you post it here publicly to me? ;-) )

Bye and hope we'll find a way,
KarlK

gabrielmgn
04-16-2012, 11:29 PM
I'm sorry if I'm being offensive or something, but, with all due respect, you could've at least answered my reply... I've been waiting for it. Thanks!

IdolEyes787
04-17-2012, 12:45 AM
I still cant PM you.

Any other chance to achieve this? (which won't spam you with messages from all others here then, too, if you post it here publicly to me? ;-) )

KarlK

It's a necessary security feature as we get a lot of people who only register here to achieve there own selfish ends but then I shouldn't have to tell you that.

stoi
04-17-2012, 01:26 AM
I'm sorry if I'm being offensive or something, but, with all due respect, you could've at least answered my reply... I've been waiting for it. Thanks!

its gone, doesnt exist anymore.

gabrielmgn
04-17-2012, 03:22 AM
:|
too bad... is the account creating system on right now?

karlk
04-17-2012, 10:36 AM

KarlK

It's a necessary security feature as we get a lot of people who only register here to achieve there own selfish ends but then I shouldn't have to tell you that.

Thanks. I knew the reason for this 'feature' here and understand it in general.
It's just that it's a bit sad/weird that a new user (like me yet) even can't send PMs to another registered user on here.
I mean this doesn't really have to do something with 'spamming the forum' or something like that, right? ;-)
It's even not possible to exchange PMs if both parties added eachother to its contact-list, too though... ;-))

But well, I hope that I'll be able to contact stoi after those ~14 days being a user here then. :-)
As far as those forum-rules state here officially at least. ;-)
Let's see what'll happen then...

Bye,
KarlK

meep
04-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Hey Stoi,

First off I would like to say thanks for all that you and the Blackcats team have done for all of us over the years....it's really appreciated.

I tried signing in to my account several days ago and found the fake page. I forgot my passkey, so I went to IRC and spoke with Mistameph and regs. They said that my account is disabled for using a proxy. I had used JonDo to encrypt my traffic from my home PC to your host so my ISP could not track my surfing habits.

They were very nice about it and I understand were they are coming from, but I would like to appeal one last time. If you and your staff could find it forgivable I would greatly appreciate it. I love the tracker and the info I learn.

Thank you for your consideration,

meep

karlk
04-18-2012, 01:51 PM
Double post...sorry!

Bye,
KarlK

regs8376
04-19-2012, 04:05 AM
meep, like I had already told you in help, you used the proxy more than once. There is nothing more to discuss I'm afraid and the account will remain as is. Have a nice day.

JotaLipe
04-23-2012, 05:08 AM
Hey stoi,
After a while[2 weeks?] w/out visiting the site and my account, I've get that old Lorem Ipsum page...
I still have an account, since I'm uploading right now...
I've tried to use my old password for that page, but it didn't work: it seems it was changed/ or I'm messing up with it...
My original e-mail on my account was from terra.com.br and it wasn't accepted by BCG.
What should I do?
TIA

BiffJohnston
04-25-2012, 04:51 PM
Man I'm really confused, my account got disabled with a ratio of 2.12, 1.5TB uploaded

I seeded everything and only had one hit and run that I was seeding at the time I was disabled

The only thing I can think that I did was I gave out two referrals to friends who didnt download or seed for a few days, but I dont see why that would do anything considering they cant leech nothing.

I've even donated twice in the past, I just cant figure out what kind of rule I broke

stan
04-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Their IRC channel is the place to ask rather than here.

JotaLipe
04-26-2012, 01:21 AM
Their IRC channel is the place to ask rather than here.
How do I get there(IRC Channell)?
Is it...
http://irc.lc/undernet/blackcats/irctc@@@
TIA

anon
04-26-2012, 01:43 AM
irc://irc-blackcats-games.net/blackcats according the WTO.

JotaLipe
04-27-2012, 03:10 AM
Thanks anon for the tip.
...but it seems the link above isn't working.

crosscheck
04-30-2012, 03:51 AM
Please inform me when and if you get in touch with them, whether over IRC or otherwise. It seems I too cannot get back into my account, I've been inactive for 4 months only! Member since 08.

Thanks

regs8376
04-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Please inform me when and if you get in touch with them, whether over IRC or otherwise. It seems I too cannot get back into my account, I've been inactive for 4 months only! Member since 08.

Thanks

Your account was pruned as we discussed in irc last night.

crosscheck
04-30-2012, 03:16 PM
yup thanks regs, I posted that before i figured out how to get into the irc channel.

JotaLipe
04-30-2012, 06:48 PM
Hey res8376
Could you inform to me about the status of my account?
As I said before on the previous page...
It seems 'I still have an account, since I'm uploading right now...'
At least the tracker of the torrent that I'm uploading reports 'working':
In the last 45 days I've uploaded about 4.28GB on that torrent.
My last visit on the site was on April-2nd-2012, according the history of my chrome web browser.
Since about 20th-23th April I was surprised by that old Lorem Ipsum page:
My old password for that page didn't work anymore...
NOTE that I can't use my e-mail on BCG: It wasn't accepted because was from terra.com.br
TIA

regs8376
04-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Hey res8376
Could you inform to me about the status of my account?
As I said before on the previous page...
It seems 'I still have an account, since I'm uploading right now...'
At least the tracker of the torrent that I'm uploading reports 'working':
In the last 45 days I've uploaded about 4.28GB on that torrent.
My last visit on the site was on April-2nd-2012, according the history of my chrome web browser.
Since about 20th-23th April I was surprised by that old Lorem Ipsum page:
My old password for that page didn't work anymore...
NOTE that I can't use my e-mail on BCG: It wasn't accepted because was from terra.com.br
TIA

You can join our irc channel like everyone else and we can discuss it there ;)

JotaLipe
04-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Thanks for your _very_fast_answer and kind attention, regs
But... How Can I Get There?
Do I need a LOGin and/or PW?
TIA

JoseAbel281
04-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Hi BlackCats Admins ... I just got my account disabled and I do not get why, when I tried to login through the "Fake page" I input my Keyword and after my username and password but it remains the same, then I asked the friend who invited me, and he says my account was disabled; I've tried getting into the IRC but it keeps saying the host is too busy or something. I had my ratio over 3, I've uploaded over I TB, I login EVERYDAY; I'm currently "seeding" 77 torrents or thereabouts, my seeding average is almost 200 days ... I just don't understand; not using any proxy afaik. Not as active in forums as I would like to be but I guess that's not an issue, since I've been quite active seeding and sharing .... Not a single Hit and Run whatsoever .... My account is JoseAbel281, would you please help me out ? Give me the reaasons why I got disabled, help me reenable it ? Thanks in advance

regs8376
05-01-2012, 01:43 AM
Hi BlackCats Admins ... I just got my account disabled and I do not get why, when I tried to login through the "Fake page" I input my Keyword and after my username and password but it remains the same, then I asked the friend who invited me, and he says my account was disabled; I've tried getting into the IRC but it keeps saying the host is too busy or something. I had my ratio over 3, I've uploaded over I TB, I login EVERYDAY; I'm currently "seeding" 77 torrents or thereabouts, my seeding average is almost 200 days ... I just don't understand; not using any proxy afaik. Not as active in forums as I would like to be but I guess that's not an issue, since I've been quite active seeding and sharing .... Not a single Hit and Run whatsoever .... My account is JoseAbel281, would you please help me out ? Give me the reaasons why I got disabled, help me reenable it ? Thanks in advance

You have already been given a reason.

karlk
05-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Hi there,

I tried to get into the posted irc-channel during the last couple of days. But each time I logged in I was the only user in the mentioned channel. Means: I even opened it completely...
I still would like to ask some BC admins about my account (as well) as I also just see the fake-page since several weeks now and can't login any way.
And as I still can't send PMs to stoi here in this forum as I'm still a 'too new user' I don't know how to be able to contact any of you guys now to finally clear things up.

Thanks for any info and reply though,
KarlK (this is _not_ my BC nick ;-) )

ahmadsabeeh
05-13-2012, 11:34 AM
hi there few days ago i try to log in to blackcats bt i get the fake page i don't if my account is disable or what can anyone help i just want to know btw i didn't have a laptop for three month so i don't know if anything happens with the website and i didn't get any msgs from the forum :cry:

ahmadsabeeh
05-13-2012, 11:37 AM
:cry::cry::cry:

tdswanson
06-17-2012, 07:58 PM
can someone help me with my blackcats-games.net? i was away for awhile and came back, tried to log in and no luck, been a seeding member for a long time now.

masejoer
06-24-2012, 05:42 AM
can someone help me with my blackcats-games.net? i was away for awhile and came back, tried to log in and no luck, been a seeding member for a long time now.

As it turns out, if you have not logged into the WEBSITE in over 2 months, your account WILL be permanently deleted immediately, even if you have been actively seeding and/or reconnecting to the tracker during this time. My account was deleted after having last downloaded a torrent through BCG 9 weeks ago, even though I have been a member for many years, have been connected 24/7 seeding 1-2 dozen torrents at any one time on my 25bit upstream connection, and had a 7:1 Seed/Leech ratio.

Let this be a note to everyone that you DO have to sign in to the website every so often, even if you are checking in through the tracker. I'm not sure why it was stated earlier in this thread that as long as you're checking in by the tracker, that your account would be fine - that is obviously false according to regs8376, through the IRC channel. At least now I can use my bandwidth for other services - I always had traffic shaping set to guarantee and prioritize BCG traffic since I figured I was helping the community by offsetting the less-than-stellar members, but apparently not. It was upsetting to get blatantly shot down in the IRC channel after guaranteeing functional seeding only to BCG for years, but *shrug*.

anon
06-24-2012, 06:10 AM
As it turns out, if you have not logged into the WEBSITE in over 2 months, your account WILL be permanently deleted immediately, even if you have been actively seeding and/or reconnecting to the tracker during this time.

It's like that virtually everywhere (except trackers typically prefer to disable accounts over deletion these days). You need to log in every now and then, in addition to any tracker-level activity.

masejoer
06-24-2012, 07:39 AM
It's like that virtually everywhere (except trackers typically prefer to disable accounts over deletion these days). You need to log in every now and then, in addition to any tracker-level activity.

We dont prune/delete anymore for not login in, but we have been disabling for no announce, so no seeding/leeching for 2 months or more, come into our #help channel in IRC and we will have a look at your account

Mhm...

anon
06-24-2012, 04:49 PM
I'm not familiar with BCG's inactivity policies, not being a member there, nor did I imply you should have known better. I just wanted to point out most trackers operate like I quoted from your post.

masejoer
06-24-2012, 05:06 PM
I'm not familiar with BCG's inactivity policies, not being a member there, nor did I imply you should have known better. I just wanted to point out most trackers operate like I quoted from your post.

Yeah, I know they do. I just found the policies confusing due to them being practiced different than stated. I just hope at least one person can see that they must still login to the website to prevent their account from being deleted, even if it was stated otherwise by staff. Aaaanyway it doesn't matter, but I figured I'd help clarify this to prevent new posters in this thread from understanding why their account was deleted.

manker
06-25-2012, 11:07 AM
If there is one thing that's becoming abundantly clear in this and other BCG threads, it's that BCG staff are unhelpful fascists.

I've never come across such an unlikeable bunch.

stan
06-25-2012, 12:25 PM
Pity you never met Cirno.:whistling

I still consider Stoi as one of the most sensible people in BT. Just wrong on this deleting not disabling issue.

manker
06-25-2012, 12:35 PM
Yeah, a few people have said to me that Stoi is a decent chap. He may very well be.

But I always say you should speak as you find - and I find him to be a charmless douchespastic.

stan
06-25-2012, 01:07 PM
On this single issue I cannot defend him .

LDK321
06-25-2012, 06:55 PM
I have tried going on the IRC channel to register my deactivated account. Same user name as here. It won't allow me to post anything. My problem was I joined last November my PC went down 2 weeks later. I am finally up and running again. I feel I would be a positive member for BCG. Is there any way I can get my account reactivated? Thanks in advance for your consideration? One more question if my account can't be reactivated do I need to register under a different nickname to be able to re register? Thanks again!

I have tried going on the IRC channel to register my deactivated account. Same user name as here. It won't allow me to post anything. My problem was I joined last November my PC went down 2 weeks later. I am finally up and running again. I feel I would be a positive member for BCG. Is there any way I can get my account reactivated? Thanks in advance for your consideration? One more question if my account can't be reactivated do I need to register under a different nickname to be able to re register? Thanks again!

rye0guy
06-28-2012, 12:39 AM
We dont prune/delete anymore for not login in, but we have been disabling for no announce, so no seeding/leeching for 2 months or more, come into our #help channel in IRC and we will have a look at your account, when the site comes back up anyway, Hosts are in the servers doing something atm, so its dead as a dodo.Stoi i am unable to log into my account, have been a member for years now with a decent history, my login name is rye0guy, please help

gardon
07-09-2012, 12:24 AM
We dont prune/delete anymore for not login in, but we have been disabling for no announce, so no seeding/leeching for 2 months or more, come into our #help channel in IRC and we will have a look at your account, when the site comes back up anyway, Hosts are in the servers doing something atm, so its dead as a dodo.Stoi i am unable to log into my account, have been a member for years now with a decent history, my login name is rye0guy, please help

Apparently, policies changed since then. I seeded daily and got pruned because I didn't login to site. A little bit upsetting, can't deny it, but since I'm not much into gaming these days, I'll not look for another invitation at this moment. Just feels weird that a seeder is just kicked out.

bandsgorell
08-04-2012, 05:40 PM
regs8376 i was wondering if you be able to help me please have an issue with my BCG account and cannot figure it out. I am getting a 403 Forbidden IP Address message so i thought for some reason my password was wrong or something so I requested a new one and they sent me one so i was just wondering if there was anyway to fix this issue. Thank you for your time.