PDA

View Full Version : FSF & FN Affect?

Pitch7
11-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Do you think the death of FSF (**************.com) and the inactivity of FN (filenetworks.blogspot.com) effected BT negatively?

I feel like their lack resulted the number of people joining the BT world to decrease.

What do you think?

http://i.imgur.com/TVYcB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nr3XB.png

user_
11-23-2011, 03:03 PM
I upgraded my internet recently and thought about either switching from usenet back to torrents or maybe sourcing both for content. I have an SCC account still, but all my other accounts are long dead. The problem with SCC is that even with a solid connection I cannot seed anything properly. While I have a buffer from exploiting the freeleech system, I just can't keep up with the swarm.

I immediately went to the few torrent blogs I remembered and this forum to see if I could track down some decent open
signups. When I stopped torrenting over a year ago, there was a new site each week, so I assume there are plenty of new sites or places to seek out for p2p content. I was disappointed that FSF & FN were dead or stagnant and will have to look for something to replace them.

Artemis
11-24-2011, 03:12 AM
I upgraded my internet recently and thought about either switching from usenet back to torrents or maybe sourcing both for content. I have an SCC account still, but all my other accounts are long dead. The problem with SCC is that even with a solid connection I cannot seed anything properly. While I have a buffer from exploiting the freeleech system, I just can't keep up with the swarm.

I immediately went to the few torrent blogs I remembered and this forum to see if I could track down some decent open
signups. When I stopped torrenting over a year ago, there was a new site each week, so I assume there are plenty of new sites or places to seek out for p2p content. I was disappointed that FSF & FN were dead or stagnant and will have to look for something to replace them.

I've heard of this neato forum which has a constantly updated list of torrent trackers, has reviews on them and also lists when a tracker is open signup. They also have a strong usenet section and post their own NZB's as well. The forum is well established and has been around far longer than FSF or FNblog and has good discussions on filesharing in general.
Would you like the url ? :blink:

username-
11-24-2011, 04:53 AM
For the most part, they advertised open sign-ups to trackers that were all but public. Nothing lost or gained imo.

Pitch7
11-24-2011, 03:47 PM
For the most part, they advertised open sign-ups to trackers that were all but public. Nothing lost or gained imo.

Really? what about posts like: "the-top-50-most-requested-tracker-invites-of-2010" ?

anon
11-24-2011, 04:04 PM
Good memories.

brento
11-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Good memories.
didn't this turn out to be one giant scam?

1000possibleclaws
11-25-2011, 01:10 AM
I assume their waning is a result of niche interest and not causal of anything. If they were getting enough unique hits to generate significant ad revenue they would have either sold the sites or hired new writers, instead of simply ceasing activity.