PDA

View Full Version : Newsdemon Completion on Binaries alt.binaries.games.xbox360

lightshow
11-25-2011, 11:46 PM
I've been noticing that I am unable to get all the articles (key rar sets are not there anymore) when downloading from alt.binaries.games.xbox360 using newsdemon as my provider and server different nzbs for different binaries.

I saw in a few threads that it is to be expected, but are there any provides which leave articles/binaries up where I don't have to keep getting incompletes for this type of article?

Malcontent
11-26-2011, 12:26 AM
Many people get an usenet block account from Blocknews.net or Astraweb.com to use as a back up server in this type of situation. You would set up your block account as a back up server in your usenet client. Your client would automatically download the missing articles from your block account.

Blocknews.net is running a Black Friday special on a 100 gig block account for $6.99. That is a really good price. It's cheaper then Astaweb's 25 gig block account at $10. With the Blocknews deal you would get 4 times the gigs for $3 less.
100 gigs should be far more then enough as a back up when you use Newsdemon as your primary.

http://billing.blocknews.net/signup.php?price_group=-2

lightshow
11-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Thanks malcontent,

I just signed up and hopefully this will solve my problem.

I did read that sabnzb has a process in its inital run where it will scan all its backup providers for missing articles before actually failing. I'm going to be pretty stoked once blocknews is able to fill the gaps!

tigerwood
12-01-2011, 02:36 AM
did that solve it for you? was it a newsdemon thing or an overall dmca issue? thanks

hajoony
12-10-2011, 12:34 AM
Hi

I am also struggling with newsdemon & this particular group. I will definitely avoid newsdemon in the future.
Did signing to blocknews help?

zot
12-10-2011, 01:45 AM
It's a well-known fact that Blocknews/Usenetnow has a LOT of material that is missing or incomplete on NewsDemon (and other Highwinds resellers)