PDA

View Full Version : 9's Plan to Turn Around the Economy

11-26-2011, 04:05 PM
1. Close all military bases in foreign countries and bring the military home and only use it for defense, not for being the world's police force and humanitarian force. Slash the pentagon's budget, cancel most of the contracts with defense contractors leaving only the ones necessary for a defensive force, and fire most of the personnel until we have only enough people in the military to be a defensive force for our country.

2. Rescind all treaties and trade agreements with foreign countries immediately and remove ourselves from the U.N., N.A.T.O., W.T.O., W.H.O., N.A.F.T.A., etc. Remove all of our diplomats from foreign embassies and fire them. Close all foreign embassies in our country, revoke their visas and deport them immediately. Revoke all visas for foreigners and deport them immediately. Stop issuing visas to foreigners, and impose a moratorium on all immigration for 50 years. Enforce the border, airports and seaports as necessary to impose this moratorium effectively. Use the military to defend us from foreign invasion as necessary. This will not only end the problem with illegal immigration, it will greatly reduce the likelihood of any more terrorist attacks.

3. Stop paying any interest or prinicipal on all of our debts. Stop borrowing any money to finance our federal government.

4. Cut spending as necessary to get to the point where we live within our means. Completely eliminate all entitlement and social welfare programs immediately-- Social Security (all forms of it including SSI and SSDI), Medicare, Medicaid, Nutritional Assistance (Food Stamps), Unemployment Insurance, Workers Compensation, Aid to Families with Dependent Children, WIC, Student Loans, etc., etc. The costs of education, health care, food, etc. would plumet.

5. Eliminate all federal government regulation of businesses and corporations. Close all federal departments and entities involved in such activities, such as-- E.P.A., U.S.D.A., F.D.A., Department of Education, Department of Energy, Department of Commerce, N.L.R.B., F.T.A., etc., etc.. Drilling for natural gas and oil would once again flourish in this country, and our dependence on foreign countries who hate us would be a thing of the past. Cheap energy would propel our economy forward. Businesses would finally be allowed to truly operate in free market capitalism without government interference and intrusion.

6. Outlaw all unions nationwide, both for government employees and for private businesses. Organized labor would never again be allowed to become the job killing monster it currently is. 5 and 6 together would bring back a huge amount of jobs to our country.

7. End the failed war on drugs. Legalize all drugs and tax them with the nationwide sales tax. This would save us a huge amount of money in terms of cops and prisons. It would also end the incentive for smuggling drugs across the border with Mexico.

8. Eliminate all current federal taxes-- including personal income taxes and corporate income taxes. Impose a nationwide federal sales tax on everything. No exceptions, no exemptions, no deductions, and no rebates. The more you spend, the more taxes you pay. The more you save, the less taxes you pay. Everyone will pay some taxes, even the poor people who currently pay nothing in federal income taxes. There would be no loopholes, no ways for anyone to avoid paying their fair share of taxes. Adjust the tax as necessary to pay for the federal government, so that we never go into debt again. And when possible, due to cuts in government spending, lower the tax to the lowest possible point. Finally, you could keep what you earned. Businesses would have a huge incentive to expand their operations.

NotLettingItGo
11-26-2011, 07:26 PM
3. Stop paying any interest or prinicipal on all of our debts. Stop borrowing any money to finance our federal government.

As UK citizen, I can't help but support your plan completely.

1). We can up our armourments manufacturing industry immediately to pick up the deficit of supply that your plan creates, a deficit which should allow us to up our export of arms to such a hgh proportion that the 60% tax we impose upon such exports shouldn't be any problem for the manufacturers. With the extra income we can fix our own budget deficit.

2). We can nuke Eugene, Oregon for being the originating point of the idea that we would mildly sit back and do fuck all about the US defaulting on it's £834bn debt to us.

clocker
11-26-2011, 09:34 PM
Gee 9, it's good to see that college hasn't affected your intellectual capacity.

NotLettingItGo
11-26-2011, 10:53 PM
I have another plan.

Rather than nuking Eugene OR we could arrange a lend-lease deal, and take it over for the next 99 years. Then we could setup specific laws for it's inhabitants. You know movement restrictions and special tax rates, that kind of thing.

It shouldn't be too difficult to convice the rest of America to agree, because once you've pulled out of all them international organisations, and treaties we can use our NATO membership to create a lead there, and use the MAD policy to ensure that you really, really don't want to fuck with us. Of course China will be a key ally, because since you pulled up the drawbridge and fucked everyone over they don't like you anyway, and they need the European Alliance as their biggest trading market. Russia will probably join in just for old times sake. Faced with such a threat Americans will pretty soon realise that losing sovereignty of Eugene OR (for a limited period (99 year lend-lease)) is a small price to pay for not having your entire country raised to the ground by the rest of the nuclear armed world.

This extreme conservatism is fun to play around with isn't it? I would advise taking the thoughts and reactions of other conservative thinking peoples around the world into account though, cause we don't like being fucked over either.

bigboab
11-26-2011, 11:00 PM
Why do you not just change your name to nein nein nein nein sick nein nein nein nein? Will you still finance Israel under your new dictatorship or are these only temporary measures till a Republican becomes President?:whistling

Startear
11-26-2011, 11:09 PM
Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?

NotLettingItGo
11-26-2011, 11:12 PM
I've heard rumours the Greeks will buy it from you, just as soon as they arrange the finance.

mjmacky
11-27-2011, 02:38 AM
# 7 is actually a winner, how did you let that one slip in?

You do realize #7 would heavily handicap the private enterprise of the for profit prison system, right? Didn't think you'd be one to support harming big business.

clocker
11-27-2011, 03:00 AM

You do realize #7 would heavily handicap the private enterprise of the for profit prison system, right? Didn't think you'd be one to support harming big business.
There won't be any Big Business left, his "plan" pretty much wipes them out.

9's plan looks pretty much like North Korea's and would probably have about the same effect.

Way to go, kid.

megabyteme
11-27-2011, 04:18 AM
You know, it's crazy enough, it might just be crazy. :mellow:

mjmacky
11-27-2011, 05:48 AM
There won't be any Big Business left, his "plan" pretty much wipes them out.

9's plan looks pretty much like North Korea's and would probably have about the same effect.

Way to go, kid.

I didn't read much of it to be honest, as I knew it would be a bunch of meritless talking points scrunched together. However, in review, North Korea doesn't fit as an appropriate parallel since government is being crippled as much as business. It reminds me more or less of Mad Max.

clocker
11-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Yes, N Korea wasn't the best of comparisons but I couldn't find anyone else remotely as looney as 9's garbled mash of contradictory ideas.
Well, there's Ayn Rand, I guess.

11-27-2011, 05:12 PM

As UK citizen, I can't help but support your plan completely.

1). We can up our armourments manufacturing industry immediately to pick up the deficit of supply that your plan creates, a deficit which should allow us to up our export of arms to such a hgh proportion that the 60% tax we impose upon such exports shouldn't be any problem for the manufacturers. With the extra income we can fix our own budget deficit.

2). We can nuke Eugene, Oregon for being the originating point of the idea that we would mildly sit back and do fuck all about the US defaulting on it's £834bn debt to us.

Do you really think we're ever going to pay you or anyone back?!

Even if we wanted to pay you back-- I don't want to pay you back, by the way-- there is no way we will ever be able to pay you back.

Think about it this way.

Let's say some guy has a 15 Trillion dollar credit card balance. He makes the minimum monthly payment on it and then turns around and uses it to buy more stuff with it. He hits his credit limit and asks for them to raise his credit limit, and strangely enough, they do. Year after year he continues to spend freely with his huge credit card, always going deeper and deeper into debt and never paying off the balance.

In the past he had a high paying job in manufacturing, and maybe back then he could have paid off the balance at some point, but now he has a crappy job in the service industry at Wal-Mart where his company imports crappy things from China and sells them to stupid customers in the United States. There is no way he can ever make enough money to pay it back, but yet the credit card company keeps raising his credit limit, over and over again.

Does that sound familiar to you?

Does it sound like the credit card company (foreign investors) will ever get paid back?

As for nuking Oregon or Arizona, a part of any good defensive strategy would be M.A.D., and I'm sure Clocky's state, Colorado, would come to our defense as well, if we were ever attacked. He's very fond of us.

Hey Clocky, whatever happened to Lucifer?

11-27-2011, 05:13 PM

I knew you would like #7 !

11-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Why do you not just change your name to nein nein nein nein sick nein nein nein nein? Will you still finance Israel under your new dictatorship or are these only temporary measures till a Republican becomes President?:whistling

I have to admit, I laughed at this one. This was pretty good.

And no. Israel is toast under my plan. They should have been cut loose a long time ago. They are just like the war on drugs-- a hopeless cause that should be abandoned.

NotLettingItGo
11-27-2011, 08:10 PM

Even if we wanted to pay you back-- I don't want to pay you back, by the way-- there is no way we will ever be able to pay you back.

Aha! OK I see you have as much understanding of how an economy works as my four year old son does... nuff said.

Quarterquack
11-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Here's a new movement: Rename the topic title to "Roll back the U.S. to the 1860's".

megabyteme
11-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Aha! OK I see you have as much understanding of how an economy works as my four year old son does... nuff said.

I'm sorry to learn of your son's diminished learning capacity, Rej. :console:

mjmacky
11-27-2011, 11:57 PM

I knew you would like #7 !

You assumed it for the wrong reasons. If you understood what the drug war was about, your caricature would be behind it 100 %, with a mantra and all.

OlegL
11-28-2011, 07:14 AM
I totally agree that all drugs should be legalized.

megabyteme
11-28-2011, 08:35 AM

Narcotics need to be regulated. After living with morphine and oxy-codone as a regular part of my life due to serious, life-limiting pain, I see how these drugs bring about a "need" in the human body which is greater than the human body can self-regulate- god knows how much I would (and others without need) be taking if I could purchase unlimited quantities at a grocery store.

It is easy to feel lied to about drugs from the perspective of pot being so over-played. However, marijuana and narcotics are two VASTLY different topics.

mjmacky
11-28-2011, 09:37 AM

Narcotics need to be regulated. After living with morphine and oxy-codone as a regular part of my life due to serious, life-limiting pain, I see how these drugs bring about a "need" in the human body which is greater than the human body can self-regulate- god knows how much I would (and others without need) be taking if I could purchase unlimited quantities at a grocery store.

It is easy to feel lied to about drugs from the perspective of pot being so over-played. However, marijuana and narcotics are two VASTLY different topics.

Also, regulation and illegalization are different things. I feel marijuana regulation should fall in line with alcohol regulation, only after the age restriction is brought back down to 18. The criminalization of narcotics users doesn't have any sense in it. I could understand a confiscate and destroy upon discovery practice, but not arresting someone high on a narcotic unless they are operating machinery/vehicle that requires lucid awareness.

Full disclosure, I do not currently use any substances, nor have I ever been addicted or regularly used any substances in the past (including alcohol, marijuana, synthetic narcotics, prescribed medications, etc.). Surprisingly, I turn out to be a lot more boring than any would have imagined. I have had a bad reaction to marijuana every time, I get nauseous without getting high. Beers tend to require mass consumption before I feel anything. Wines dry out my throat and give me splitting headaches (but I love them). I don't like the taste of hard liquors. I've never been prescribed an antipsychotic or antidepressant. I was once on some pain medication, though I cannot remember which one or finding it all that effective. Never had an interest in trying any other narcotics, natural or synthetic. So, basically, I have absolutely no personal motives for decriminalization/legalization of these substances other than pure logical merit.

01-05-2012, 09:47 PM
there is no way we will ever be able to pay you back.

Think about it this way.

Let's say some guy has a 15 Trillion dollar credit card balance. He makes the minimum monthly payment on it and then turns around and uses it to buy more stuff with it. He hits his credit limit and asks for them to raise his credit limit, and strangely enough, they do. Year after year he continues to spend freely with his huge credit card, always going deeper and deeper into debt and never paying off the balance.

In the past he had a high paying job in manufacturing, and maybe back then he could have paid off the balance at some point, but now he has a crappy job in the service industry at Wal-Mart where his company imports crappy things from China and sells them to stupid customers in the United States. There is no way he can ever make enough money to pay it back, but yet the credit card company keeps raising his credit limit, over and over again.

Does that sound familiar to you?

Does it sound like the credit card company (foreign investors) will ever get paid back?

I'll answer my own question.

NO!

And here's more proof of what I just said...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57350320-503544/obama-delays-request-to-hike-debt-ceiling/

We ran through that "credit limit" already and now we need to raise our credit limit on our 15 Trillion Dollar credit card again.

We are going to keep on doing this over and over again until foreign investors finally realize that any loans they give to us are really gifts because we will never pay them back.

mjmacky
01-05-2012, 10:25 PM
I wish you could take control of the budgetary decision making in the U.S., 9. I would like to watch the results from afar though.