PDA

View Full Version : Why is my jbinup upload progress going backwards (first time user)?

kitt
11-27-2011, 09:03 PM
I decided to test out upping to Astraweb SSL for the first time using jbinup using a linux ISO as my test material. I found that the program seemed to reupload parts that were already uploaded and that the progress bar would go backwards and then forwards again as it reuploaded. It seemed like there was some serious bug or something (or maybe i configured it wrong?), but eventually I cancelled it since it seemed like something was broken. Anyone else familiar with this problem?

Beck38
11-27-2011, 09:48 PM
I'll 'assume' that you have JBinUp 'setup' to do the block check at the same server you're posting to (there is an option to do the checking through a different server).

Once a 'part' gets 'checkmarked' I've never seen it go back and redo anything, ever. But it may 'look' like a part is 'done' yet not 'confirmed', and one can get one or several block 'checks' and re-uploads depending on the error rate either in transmission or the posting server going a bit 'off-track'. In either case, JBinUp will 'hammer' the server until it 'gets in line' and completes the post error free (at least at the block level), and give that part the 'green checkmark' on the happy face.

So I'm not fully sure exactly what you may be getting, because your explanation isn't fully complete. I've used nothing but JBinUp over the last couple of years (on Astraweb/US/SSL) without any fail whatsoever. When I first started using it vr. PowerPost and a couple of it's variants, having seen those posting programs generate 'skips/fades' and all that totally disappear was a revelation.

Ao, you may post a pic of exactly what your getting.