PDA

View Full Version : Don't trust information you find on the internets

mjmacky
11-28-2011, 12:41 PM
I have an alleged parking violation in San Francisco 5 months back. It was for like $130 for parking more than allotted time or whatnot. In deliberating my course of action, I read up online what SF does with unpaid parking tickets. Some of the things I came across include
SF will:
boot your tire
block your registration/license renewal in California

SF has not been known to:
send you to collections

So, it's not like I trusted the testimonies found from google queries, I just decided to do nothing (hasn't done much harm in the past). San Francisco sent me to collections. That's where their panhandling attempts will remain.

-deadbeatlacky

P.S. There's no moral to the story, San Francisco is spreading all lies on the internet. Clearly. Their summers are cooler than their winters, they're not to be trusted.

Barbarossa
11-28-2011, 01:00 PM
There IS a moral to the story, it's "Don't believe everything you read on the internets".

I don't believe anything you wrote by the way, and you shouldn't believe the above either.

temisturk
11-28-2011, 01:22 PM
You don't believe anything he said?

So he didn't get a parking violation but that he did pay it. Whew, he's one sick puppy.

manker
11-28-2011, 01:24 PM
That's one hell of a non-secateur, but yes. Yes he is.

mjmacky
11-28-2011, 01:32 PM
There IS a moral to the story, it's "Don't believe everything you read on the internets".

I don't believe anything you wrote by the way, and you shouldn't believe the above either.

No one should ever believe what I write, but rather they should use the information to construct a conditional state from which to operate for purposes of reflection. Either that or ignore it completely, works for most.

I am weary of that moral, which is why I took a monkey wrench to it and threw it away into the title (the most irrelevant part of a lounge thread).

mjmacky
11-28-2011, 01:34 PM
You don't believe anything he said?

So he didn't get a parking violation but that he did pay it. Whew, he's one sick puppy.

More like assume I'm a little girl that doesn't have a car or a license. Also, lots of men touch me inappropriately, but no one knows since I am sworn to secrecy.

mjmacky
11-28-2011, 01:35 PM
but yes. Yes he is.

And I guess we now know why.

megabyteme
11-28-2011, 05:15 PM
More like assume I'm a little girl that doesn't have a car or a license. Also, lots of men touch me inappropriately, but no one knows since I am sworn to secrecy.

PM with photos sent... :w00t:

IdolEyes787
11-28-2011, 06:06 PM

If by "little girl" you are speaking metaphorically I like totally believe you.

mjmacky
11-28-2011, 07:25 PM
If by "little girl" you are speaking metaphorically I like totally believe you.

Literally, I'm too young to use metaphors.

PM with photos sent... :w00t:

I heard another lady describing herself as a dirty whore. I feel like the same as her, why is that?