PDA

View Full Version : 5gb block account with Blocknews

zootman
11-29-2011, 11:12 PM
Pretty simple - how do I know how much of my download allowance I've used? and also will there be a prompt within Grabit (my current newsreader) notifying me when I've used up what I paid for?

temisturk
11-29-2011, 11:24 PM
There is an "account center" link on their homepage so I think it's reasonable to expect it would tell you in there (once you had an account, obviously). I don't know them personally but they appear to have been around for several years without attracting a score of bad reviews so I think they're legit, and the basic a/c is a one time payment of $2.75 so it won't cost you much to find out. Good luck.

zootman
11-29-2011, 11:38 PM
Oh sorry mate - I was being thick. Did not even realise there was an account center on the homepage.

Mods/admins (whomever) feel free to delete this thread...

mjmacky
11-29-2011, 11:57 PM
Oh sorry mate - I was being thick. Did not even realise there was an account center on the homepage.

How about keeping it for all the other thickheads with your same predicament? That is the primary function of internet foruma.

zootman
11-30-2011, 12:01 AM
How about keeping it for all the other thickheads with your same predicament? That is the primary function of internet foruma.

Lol. That's a point. Still being thick, forgive me.

temisturk
11-30-2011, 12:11 AM
zoot, no problem, we've all missed things on webpages before. But mcgrumpy is right, we should leave this here for others (or even better for you to post in later to share your experiences of blocknews).

hdjunky
11-30-2011, 01:43 AM
Grabit wont tell you but you just wont be able to login anymore so that should be a cue to login to the website to verify your usage and add more if you want.

zootman
11-30-2011, 01:48 AM
Well I got a 502reader error within Grabit (which prompted me to start this thread).

zot
11-30-2011, 07:21 AM
Some of the pay-newsreaders like Newsbin Pro keep detailed bandwidth logs of all servers. Grabit does not.

You might want to check with Skizo about that belief. He (or someone else) deletes his discussion threads after people answer his questions.

mjmacky
11-30-2011, 03:53 PM
You might want to check with Skizo about that belief. He (or someone else) deletes his discussion threads after people answer his questions.

I'd just as soon ask a Magic 8 Ball for career advice.