PDA

View Full Version : Why you all should all use SCENE ONLY trackers

iLOVENZB
12-01-2011, 07:48 AM
... to avoid this:

http://i.imgur.com/LuBNB.png

Encode after encode, sometimes even of the encode.

Cabalo
12-01-2011, 08:47 AM
So true.
Now everybody can follow some simple encode guides and believe they found some magic trick on their sleeve, which allows them to do something special with a movie.

It's getting ridiculous.

kukushka
12-01-2011, 09:45 AM
oh. i got it.
/me went away to delete ptp, hdbits and other now absolutely useless tracker accounts

mjmacky
12-01-2011, 10:19 AM
What surprises me is that each of those have at least 20 seeders and hundreds of snatches, that's just encouraging the behavior. And aren't all of those cams?

Anyways, I don't see it as a problem, since that little phenomena mostly occurs with crap films.

temisturk
12-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Too much choice is really a small price to pay for the freedom of anyone to share anything.

Pitch7
12-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Yet there isn't any HD upload by Scene. :dry:

It doesn't mean anything. Don't use IPT if those bother you and join the sites where you can find the true quality simple as that. :yup:

CleverMan
12-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Yeah well, not all non-scene tracker offer this kind of diversity, you're too categoric in your judgements

IdolEyes787
12-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Why you all should all use SCENE ONLY trackers

Silly me ,I thought the answer was going to be because you're twelve years old and think diversity of taste means liking both Coke and Coke Zero.

mjmacky
12-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Why you all should all use SCENE ONLY trackers

Silly me ,I thought the answer was going to be because you're twelve years old and think diversity of taste means liking both Coke and Coke Zero.

I once heard someone speak at me that they take in a balanced viewpoint since they watch both Fox News and the news on FOX.

LazyGuy
12-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Even though maximum of the movie releases in IPT or FLRo are just repeat releases or Re-encodes,
this does ensure that i don't have to stay bound to scene releases which sometimes aren't quite a finished job due to time constraints (pre)
the real finished jobs come up when p2p Groups like NPW Cinephilia release their souped up BRrips

Since the Scene Only trackers like SCC do't allow P2P groups
i guess i will have to stay at IPT till they do

Stabber
12-01-2011, 03:49 PM
what tracker is that ? :P

anon
12-01-2011, 05:01 PM
what tracker is that ? :p

ipt.

Night0wl
12-01-2011, 05:41 PM
I prefer having 50 encodes where one fits my tastes rather than some rushed scene 700MB XviD rip, which all 50 usually beat. Apart from that, maybe use real movie trackers rather than general trackers for proper rips. You run into a quite different problem on the movie trackers though, where you might find 1 movie at 1 site, another movie at another site, maybe even pick and choose what internal group you like best.

I don't use torrentLeech much, not even a member of IPT, but I do understand the people that choose to stick to one tracker rather than 20.

smcewa11
12-01-2011, 05:42 PM
"Do the right thing" was at least a good movie.

antipod
12-01-2011, 05:51 PM
loads of groups doing releases of the same movie..which is nice

one screenshot from all those would be better ...

And what was that site called?

ipt

IdolEyes787
12-01-2011, 06:00 PM
loads of groups doing releases of the same movie..which is nice

one screenshot from all those would be better ...

and what was that site called?

Reading back like three posts probably would cause your brain to overload or something wouldn't it?
Also please don't tell me that you're too busy to be bothered since you obviously have time to waste surfing the internet.

Anyway while I'm sometimes frustrated by endless encodes of movies especially shitty ones ,they do allow some benefit in helping maintain a ratio as if you "miss" the initial release you can probably find a later one ( that's basically the same thing) to get an earlier jump on.

Silence
12-01-2011, 06:07 PM
IMO, it's good to have options, u can choose the one that u like. Having to select from 30 torrents is a bit annoying but c'mon we are getting it for free....right ? ;)

EDIT : Or u can just search for the movie after the DVD or BluRay comes out. Is something/someone forcing u to search for a good release in all of that junk ? ;)

iLOVENZB
12-01-2011, 07:02 PM
IMO, it's good to have options, u can choose the one that u like. Having to select from 30 torrents is a bit annoying but c'mon we are getting it for free....right ? ;)

EDIT : Or u can just search for the movie after the DVD or BluRay comes out. Is something/someone forcing u to search for a good release in all of that junk ? ;)

To be honest I haven't downloaded anything except for a few TV shows in the past 6 months. Main reason I'm on torrents is because I like to see whats out there. There hasn't been a decent film worth watching in the past year or so that I haven't seen in the cinema. This is just proof of my annoyance when it comes to p2p encodes 'spamming' /browse :dry:.

Next on my watch list is probably going to be Hugo http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/hugo/

antipod
12-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Main reason I'm on torrents is because I like to see whats out there. There hasn't been a decent film worth watching in the past year or so that I haven't seen in the cinema. This is just proof of my annoyance when it comes to p2p encodes 'spamming' /browse :dry:.

Next on my watch list is probably going to be Hugo http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/hugo/

You must have really great cinemas where you live, because over 90 percent of what I download doesn't show up in cinemas where I am, which is why I'm on torrents. And who actually put you in charge of deciding what's worth watching to the point that you're annoyed at what's being shared?

ca_aok
12-01-2011, 11:01 PM
That's pretty common with CAM/TS/R5 releases. To be honest I think it's a good thing, it increases the chance of finding one that doesn't suck total ass on the off chance that I want a CAM rip.

username-
12-02-2011, 01:06 AM
I thought the same about a month ago with the movie Limitless. There was 3-4 versions uploaded per day. If you look, IPT has 97 results for this 1 movie. One being unrelated and one being a movie pack.

But overall, I prefer IPT and their vast collection to strictly scene.

stoi
12-02-2011, 02:49 AM
hmm not a member of IPT but can you not go into your profile, and tick just the categories you want to show, if you just want TV, just show TV and you will never see another movie release again.

or is that too simple?

To be honest I haven't downloaded anything except for a few TV shows in the past 6 months. Main reason I'm on torrents is because I like to see whats out there. There hasn't been a decent film worth watching in the past year or so that I haven't seen in the cinema. This is just proof of my annoyance when it comes to p2p encodes 'spamming' /browse :dry:.

Silence
12-02-2011, 08:27 AM
hmm not a member of IPT but can you not go into your profile, and tick just the categories you want to show, if you just want TV, just show TV and you will never see another movie release again.

or is that too simple?

IPT does have that option.

Lucifer9999
12-05-2011, 04:43 PM
be serious... if u have enough experince with trackers and torrenting in general, you should know there are some at least comparable (if not superior) p2p groups to scene.... ipt's fault is that they not filter or limit the number of releases for one movie...... look at sites like allhdvnbits, uniongang, leechturk, ptp, ptn, goem (not to mention private hd trackers...)

Stabber
12-05-2011, 05:20 PM
There should be some moderation , a new encode should be uploaded only if it is better or fixing something , for example to fix a cropped movie or blur something .

There is no need for so many encodes of avi format , hd is the new era

LazyGuy
12-05-2011, 06:11 PM
There should be some moderation , a new encode should be uploaded only if it is better or fixing something , for example to fix a cropped movie or blur something .

HD may be the new era
but some of us still have ISPs with Stone age mentality
besides NPW 1080p and 720p Rips are not too shabby for me

IdolEyes787
12-05-2011, 06:25 PM

Yes but unfortunately oblivious is never out of style.

bumrocks
12-05-2011, 06:35 PM
besides NPW 1080p and 720p Rips are not too shabby for me

That is the second time you have mentioned that group, so I have to say something. Of course I realize that it is all a matter of opinion but let me point out some obvious flaws. Their encodes come from a rip/encode source (BRrip) and not the true source (BDrip) which means their offers are a rip of a rip. They use an outdated codec (XviD) with inferior quality to the superior x264 codec.

Here is their newest example.

Source: Catch 44 2011 720p BluRay x264-BestHD

So they didn't even bother to use a 1080p rip to make their encode AND it is a scene release. That is a double whammy alone in my book.

My point is that using this group repeatedly as a shining example of p2p groups vs. scene is a terrible one. I am not bashing or trying to belittle you, but just trying to share a little knowledge.

mjmacky
12-05-2011, 08:39 PM
I only watch upscaled MPEG2 encodes of ipod x264 releases that were encoded from 720p x264 scene rips.

mitraark
12-06-2011, 05:52 PM
So many P2P groups giving it a bad name. Trackers could enforve a check for allowing only specific groups. Overall the user himself has to know which groups are good and which are not.

I usually go with ViSion only.

mjmacky
12-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Basically there are guarantees that there will be P2P groups that do a much better job than scene, and groups that will do a much worse job. Scene is your average mediocrity, them's just the nature of things.

Stabber
12-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Remember the times when everyone got the axxo release ? :P

Burnsy
12-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Remember the times when everyone got the axxo release ? :P

Am proud to say I never once downloaded an aXXo release... doesn't take much skill to wait for a DVD to be released, rip it and then deteriorate sound/bit rate to allow the film to fit to 700 (ish) MB. I'll never understand why folks thought he was 'amazing' :lol:

IdolEyes787
12-06-2011, 06:38 PM
So many P2P groups giving it a bad name. Trackers could enforve a check for allowing only specific groups. Overall the user himself has to know which groups are good and which are not.

I usually go with ViSion only.

In all seriousness I really don't give a fuck.

If some poor soul wants to invest part of their limited existence trying to make sure that (mostly) unappreciative teenagers on the internet get a stolen movie in the highest possible quality then instead of applauding I suppose that I should really pity them. Likewise those seemingly obsessed with obtaining that pinnacle of quality.

Anyway if you think your enjoyment of a movie is determined by how well the filtering has been tweaked then clearly you really need to start watching more interesting movies.

user_
12-06-2011, 06:45 PM
This discussion does not even need to be about p2p vs. scene or the quality of the films. Tracker staff or the uploaders should take the initiative of preserving the quality of releases, minimizing needless dupes, etc. There is no need for 35 pre-retail copies of a movie to be tracked.

Burnsy
12-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Anyway if you think your enjoyment of a movie is determined by how well the filtering has been tweaked then clearly you really need to start watching more interesting movies.

Well, I kinda disagree a little if you say that enjoyment of a film isn't partially based on the quality of the rip... I mean if you wanted to take it to an exaggerated level, surely most people would prefer to watch a DVDRip, or a 720p/1080p to a CAM. the reason I'm exaggerating it is because I've seen different groups use the same sources for their rips but totally fuck up their releases due to mishaps in their filtering...

temisturk
12-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Basically there are guarantees that there will be P2P groups that do a much better job than scene, and groups that will do a much worse job. Scene is your average mediocrity, them's just the nature of things.

Yes, absolutely, and a good thing too. If only a small group of people were allowed to upload only a few copies of anything then it would be much easier for the copyright trolls to focus their attentions. It is in all of our interests to encourage as many people as possible to upload, even to upload multiple identical and near-identical (and far-from-identical) copies of things. Not only does that frustrate the copyright trolls but it ensures continuity of supply of rippers/encoders/uploaders. The good ones always burn out eventually.

Sure, it means that downloaders have to engage their brains a bit when choosing what to download, but that's really not hard to do. Basic common sense will save you from the horror of a MPEG2 cam made by a ripper nobody has ever heard of uploaded by a first time uploader. And if you do end up with a slightly pixelated copy of Birdemic: Shock and Terror (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1316037/) it's really not a big deal. It didn't cost you anything, it's a crap movie anyway, and you can always download another if you really care.

iLOVENZB
12-07-2011, 07:53 AM

Yes, absolutely, and a good thing too. If only a small group of people were allowed to upload only a few copies of anything then it would be much easier for the copyright trolls to focus their attentions. It is in all of our interests to encourage as many people as possible to upload, even to upload multiple identical and near-identical (and far-from-identical) copies of things. Not only does that frustrate the copyright trolls but it ensures continuity of supply of rippers/encoders/uploaders. The good ones always burn out eventually.

Sure, it means that downloaders have to engage their brains a bit when choosing what to download, but that's really not hard to do. Basic common sense will save you from the horror of a MPEG2 cam made by a ripper nobody has ever heard of uploaded by a first time uploader. And if you do end up with a slightly pixelated copy of Birdemic: Shock and Terror (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1316037/) it's really not a big deal. It didn't cost you anything, it's a crap movie anyway, and you can always download another if you really care.

Are you fucking serious?

What I love is when p2p groups actually use the shitty MPEG2 cap and say in the nfo "shit quality, but it's a first cam". This is probably one reason why I actually buy movies/go to cinema. Too many dickheads releasing shit when it's cheaper (entertainment wise) to buy and watch the "UNTOUCHED" release in the comfort of my home/cinema. And if you pull the socially awkward excuse of not liking crowds in a cinema, you had your chance but blew it! http://www.geek.com/articles/news/as-mpaa-prepares-streaming-first-run-movies-hdcp-may-already-have-been-cracked-20100914/

Why should the likes of (A)FACT go out of their way to help consumers now?

Night0wl
12-07-2011, 08:06 AM
I don't have a problem with crowds in the cinema. I do have a problem with not a single cinema here having any decent seats for tall people. I used to love going to the cinema until I grew too tall to even enjoy going to the cinema.

But what on Earth does this have to do with you preaching that scene content is heaven sent, while P2P content is the root of all evil. The scene won't even adapt to X264 over XviD. How's that for quality?

iLOVENZB
12-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Has nothing to do with preaching, all i say is that scene trackers wont have encode after encode. Btw, Night0wl, how tall are you? I'm 6ft and sit around the middle centre with no issues or complaints. Wouldn't you be better suited to the back? You're height would act as an advantage to overlook the 5ft heads?

Scene has introduced x264 with HD, People who still use XviD are prepared to skimp on quality. Besides there are a few INT SD x264 groups, they just don't don't get spread as easily. This scene mainly goes under CN X264 or RU x264. Groups like TLF, XTM, USL, BMDru, CNXP, NewMov etc. Some of these groups even have a public board where they offer DDL links or FTP.

mitraark
12-07-2011, 12:43 PM
I am not anal about quality but i definitely feel bad if the movie i'm watching is all pixelated :| Sometimes Scene only care about fastest Pre and don't put in that extra time to needed to encode a better quality rip.

iLOVENZB
12-07-2011, 01:44 PM
I am not anal about quality but i definitely feel bad if the movie i'm watching is all pixelated :| Sometimes Scene only care about fastest Pre and don't put in that extra time to needed to encode a better quality rip.

Oh the irony. At least most scene groups use "raw" sources. Let's use the first high profile screener of 2011, Drive. The source all the p2p groups used was "Drive 2011 SCREENER-P2P" (filename: DRIVE_V10.m4v, size: 707 MB), so how did 'TCM' (filename: DRIVE.SCREENER.TCM.avi, size: 1.16 GB) manage to add an additional 480.84 MB to that?

From nfo:

work done : converted to a avi[xvid] little sharping resize and contrast tweek there is a sample download it and check it!!

I can understand the other groups reason for size increases, they converted 2ch audio to 5.1 (don't laugh) and added their 'personal' filters (ie. random calculations on their 1-click app)

Night0wl
12-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Has nothing to do with preaching, all i say is that scene trackers wont have encode after encode. Btw, Night0wl, how tall are you? I'm 6ft and sit around the middle centre with no issues or complaints. Wouldn't you be better suited to the back? You're height would act as an advantage to overlook the 5ft heads?

Scene has introduced x264 with HD, People who still use XviD are prepared to skimp on quality. Besides there are a few INT SD x264 groups, they just don't don't get spread as easily. This scene mainly goes under CN X264 or RU x264. Groups like TLF, XTM, USL, BMDru, CNXP, NewMov etc. Some of these groups even have a public board where they offer DDL links or FTP.

I am over 6ft 6inches and my biggest problem is more the legspace in all the decent or good seats. Every time I've been to the cinema for the last 15 or so years, I have either been sitting quite uncomfortably or had terrible seats. All the ones with no seats in front have me blocking smaller people behind me and/or bad viewing angle.

There are lots of great SD X264 encoding groups or individuals. The only problem is that they are spread around many sites and do site internal encodes. When those are not available I use e.g. TL or even at times public sites to find movies that are done better than their scene counterparts. On a site like TL you search for a movie, sort by size and exclude any of the 720 XviD and everything under e.g. 1.4GB depending on type and lenght of the movie. Pretty much if the scene release is 2CD, you should look for around 3CD size unless you find a X264 rip. I can't remember the last time I watched a scene encode of either action or horror that I was happy with.

BTW if you know of other sources for great rips than the regular ones, then please do tell.

IdolEyes787
12-07-2011, 05:03 PM
I am over 6ft 6inches and my biggest problem is more the legspace in all the decent or good seats. Every time I've been to the cinema for the last 15 or so years, I have either been sitting quite uncomfortably or had terrible seats. All the ones with no seats in front have me blocking smaller people behind me and/or bad viewing angle.

Curse not the movie theatres for being blind to your concerns ,rather curse God for making you a freak my friend.:no:

Also instead of worrying about blocking the view of smaller people maybe consider grinding their bones to make your bread.:)

Night0wl
12-08-2011, 04:14 AM
Curse not the movie theatres for being blind to your concerns ,rather curse God for making you a freak my friend.:no:

Also instead of worrying about blocking the view of smaller people maybe consider grinding their bones to make your bread.:)

Oh I'm not worried at all. I just download to my hearts' content, what I otherwise would be using my hard earned cash on. With the awesome quality bluray sourced non-scene movies I've been downloading for the last few years, I actually am starting to prefer watching movies in my living room with friends, rather than wasting money on the unfulfilling cinema experience.

I know you think quality shouldn't matter, but in reality I have a much broader selection to choose from than you, because the movie doesn't even have to be that good to enjoy it. Maybe for the wrong reasons, but who cares ;)

mjmacky
12-08-2011, 10:35 AM
because the movie doesn't even have to be that good to enjoy it.

There are 101 synonymous phrases that could communicate the same idea. Starting with some of the most obvious to the more derived:

-As long as it's HD, I like watching shitty movies.
-Ooh shiny.
-I think you should shit in my mouth first, because if it's already full of piss, the feces might float out.
-When I fall over and hit my head, it's over a 6 ft drop.

97 more to come!

IdolEyes787
12-08-2011, 01:46 PM
because the movie doesn't even have to be that good to enjoy it.

There are 101 synonymous phrases that could communicate the same idea. Starting with some of the most obvious to the more derived:

-As long as it's HD, I like watching shitty movies.
-Ooh shiny.
-I think you should shit in my mouth first, because if it's already full of piss, the feces might float out.
-When I fall over and hit my head, it's over a 6 ft drop.

97 more to come!*

*My wife comforts me by saying something very similar to that after our lovemaking so I'm assuming that the same thing also applies to movies.*

* Of course my brain is pretty oxygen starved at this altitude so I might be hallucinating.

whatcdfan
12-08-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm not going to quote like 50 posts in the thread but could someone throw me the reference to a release where a p2p has done a better encode compared to the scene.

I disagree, guys at DMCA are not starving wanderers, they have enough information and resources at their disposal which could be used to focus anywhere anytime, even a regular torrentier knows a good bit of "where" and "who" respectively. They wouldn't be blinded if there are too many to spot, will they? so I'm not going to buy this theory. Supply wouldn't fall short either as long as their is demand and means available, I don't care to elaborate on this any further.

Having more sources then actually ever required at the cost of quality is unacceptable to me. A private trackers shouldn't be used as a testing/learning ground to make good encodes. It'll frustrate me far more then the copyright guys with that other equation. There should be some criteria quality wise to be able to upload stuff. IPT requires 150 kB/s up for the members to have when applying for the uploaders status, why is that? to facilitate the downloaders, right? still, who would want to download a shitty encode at that speed? It's also a complete wastage of time and bandwidth it takes to make encodes, upload 'em then download 'em and finally going back the comments page to yell at the uploader. Also, it hurts the retention rates of a certain release having too many encodes.

Yeah, it adds to the choices but it's only an illusion. If you're quality conscious, you wouldn't go on to watch everything encoded by some teenage, first time encoder. It's like five hens around amidst one chicken, it ain't serve as a choice if you're a gay. Yeah, they're free but still most of us can't spare six hours a day and 15/20 GB per release just to find the right encode even if they're unemployed and ultra-rich.

mjmacky
12-08-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm not going to quote like 50 posts in the thread but could someone throw me the reference to a release where a p2p has done a better encode compared to the scene.

That's like asking for a place that sells better burgers than McDonald's.

temisturk
12-08-2011, 11:13 PM
If you're quality conscious, you wouldn't go on to watch everything encoded by some teenage, first time encoder.

If you're quality conscious, you wouldn't be watching encodes, period.

Night0wl
12-09-2011, 03:28 AM
If you're quality conscious, you wouldn't go on to watch everything encoded by some teenage, first time encoder.

If you're quality conscious, you wouldn't be watching encodes, period.

And why exactly would that be? Proper Bluray sourced SD encodes are much better than the DVD at close to the same size. By that I mean 576p.Bluray.x264 encodes. PAL width only with square pixels instead of Anamorphic. and more often than not 640Kbps DD5.1 audio encoded from HD or even lossless audio, where the DVD has either DTS which would be maybe a very slight bit better or 384/480Kbps DD5.1 audio which is often worse.

When watching a good encode you have no indication at all that you are watching an encode, which should be the point of it all. Unfortunately when it comes to scene content they concentrate on acceptable (by scene rules) quality and speed. The scene groups do exactly the same with HD content, both movies and TV. The groups doing internal tracker encodes almost always if not always, do a better job. Why should I download a 40GB release, when a proper group or individual can make those 40GB into 10-15GB at very close to the same quality?

The original content comes first and proper P2P encodes always end up between them and the scene releases.

I do find it funny how the scene groups will starve HD encodes to the brink while at the same time using double or more of needed space for audio of better quality. If they wanted to do a proper rip while adhering to the size standards, they could at least use 640 or 480Kbps DD5.1 audio and use the extra space left to do a better video encode.

temisturk
12-09-2011, 03:39 AM
Because you either want the highest quality or you're satisfied to accept less. If you want the highest quality you download rips. If you're satisfied with less then quibbling over whether people should be permitted to reduce quality by 10% (or whatever arbitrary figure you want) but never by 11% is just being precious. As the size of the encodes and the track records of the encoders decreases then so, generally, does the quality. Some people have less than wonderful bandwidth, and less than wonderful large screen TV's. There is no reason at all why they should be denied the right to to download less than perfect encodes just because some techno-elitist wants to be able to download without having to bother checking the specs of what it is they're downloading.

Night0wl
12-09-2011, 04:05 AM
What is wrong with wanting the highest quality possible at a smaller size due to bandwidth restrictions? There is quite a bit of difference between a 40GB Bluray and a shitty and rushed 700/1400MB scene encode, so why shouldn't I spend 10 minutes extra to find and download a good encode at an acceptable size?

mjmacky
12-09-2011, 04:17 AM
Because you either want the highest quality or you're satisfied to accept less. If you want the highest quality you download rips. If you're satisfied with less then quibbling over whether people should be permitted to reduce quality by 10% (or whatever arbitrary figure you want) but never by 11% is just being precious.

This makes sense, I approach pornography the same way. If I can't find a perfect 10, 17-year-old, recently deflowered nubile getting gangbanged by a bunch of dudes that are the ethnic equivalents of myself, then I simply masturbate to a Larry King lookalike wrapping baby possums into his flaccid scrotum.

Night0wl
12-09-2011, 04:18 AM
Cowboys.and.Aliens.DVDRip.XviD-NeDiVx is a good example of a movie that while pretty entertaining it really isn't all that great. Try comparing it to one of the many SD x264 encodes floating around the net. Then you should see why many prefer P2P x264. Or if feeling brave maybe even try a bigger sized XviD, that while not much better would still be better.

I haven't even watched the NeDiVx release but I have watched other rips from the group and have been highly disappointed with the quality.

mjmacky
12-09-2011, 04:39 AM
Cowboys.and.Aliens.DVDRip.XviD-NeDiVx is a good example of a movie that while pretty entertaining it really isn't all that great. Try comparing it to one of the many SD x264 encodes floating around the net. Then you should see why many prefer P2P x264. Or if feeling brave maybe even try a bigger sized XviD, that while not much better would still be better.

I watched a high resolution x264 of Cowboys and Aliens, but still managed to find the movie to be an utter piece of crap.

I really wish better movies, or at least mediocre movies, were used in these examples. C&A... The Thing (2011)... the best copy is no copy.

temisturk
12-09-2011, 04:51 AM
What is wrong with wanting the highest quality possible at a smaller size due to bandwidth restrictions? There is quite a bit of difference between a 40GB Bluray and a shitty and rushed 700/1400MB scene encode, so why shouldn't I spend 10 minutes extra to find and download a good encode at an acceptable size?

Sorry. I thought you were arguing that lower quality encodes shouldn't be permitted. Not that they should be ignored by downloaders. I absolutely agree that a few minutes extra work when choosing a movie which you're going to spend a couple of hours watching is well worth the effort.

Lucifer9999
12-09-2011, 11:21 AM
This discussion is endless and pointless..... there is such a diversity out there in order to satisfy everyone...
So many good private trackers that have great internals or make a good selection... ipt is not representative in any way... it's just another tracker, a huge an almost semipublic one, suited mostly for starters, with no strict rules..etc (like demonoid, filelist.ro, etc..).. big 0day trackers (revtt, tl, scc, gft, etc..) are mostly for convenient, indoctrinated or ignorant people...
And for the vast majority of people, the quality is not measured in algorithms, formulas or parameters of codecs, containers etc...it is something measured my far more subjective criteria..
In the end, everybody should download what it likes and be happy!! due the vast majority, if anybody can not do this, it means it is incapable, and i would send him (i know, ugly advice) to cinema or multimedia stores!!

IdolEyes787
12-09-2011, 01:23 PM
This discussion is endless and pointless..... there is such a diversity out there in order to satisfy everyone...
So many good private trackers that have great internals or make a good selection... ipt is not representative in any way... it's just another tracker, a huge an almost semipublic one, suited mostly for starters, with no strict rules..etc (like demonoid, filelist.ro, etc..).. big 0day trackers (revtt, tl, scc, gft, etc..) are mostly for convenient, indoctrinated or ignorant people...
And for the vast majority of people, the quality is not measured in algorithms, formulas or parameters of codecs, containers etc...it is something measured my far more subjective criteria..
In the end, everybody should download what it likes and be happy!! due the vast majority, if anybody can not do this, it means it is incapable, and i would send him (i know, ugly advice) to cinema or multimedia stores!!

Seriously "ignorant people"? Please explain to me exactly how by choosing not to overly concern oneself about something that is essentially a diversion is akin to being "ignorant"?
I can only hope it is a poor grasp of English and not a total lack of intelligence that resulted in your use of that word.

PS if bt is truly now entirely about form over substance than someone globally ban me please.
PPS strangely I am doubting that I will be seeing any review of The Artist by some "elite" encoder anytime soon.On the other hand Twilight Breaking Dawn probably will look great when it's released though.:mellow:

Lucifer9999
12-09-2011, 03:03 PM
@idoleyes... ok.. first explain this phrase: "by choosing not to overly concern oneself about something that is essentially a diversion is akin to being "ignorant"? "
i can understand the words individually, but i can not get the sense of it... without that, i can not form a proper answer..thx...

iLOVENZB
12-09-2011, 04:05 PM

I watched a high resolution x264 of Cowboys and Aliens, but still managed to find the movie to be an utter piece of crap.

I really wish better movies, or at least mediocre movies, were used in these examples. C&A... The Thing (2011)... the best copy is no copy.

I watched it in raw 2k and still found it to be a piece of pooh. Probably the only film I can honestly I've slept through, I kept getting waken up however when the score quickened or an alien shot something. Fuck you Harry Gregson-Williams!

Night0wl
12-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Fine, another example then:

Final Destination 5 RERip DVDRip XviD-TWiZTED vs. Final Destination 5 2011 BRRip XviD AC3-SANTi

TWiSTED always disappoints, SANTi never does, nor do they/he/she? mess with colors etc. unlike mane other less than perfect P2P groups. Haven't watched the movie.. doubt I will watch it, but someone asked for examples.

user_
12-09-2011, 06:02 PM

Final Destination 5 RERip DVDRip XviD-TWiZTED vs. Final Destination 5 2011 BRRip XviD AC3-SANTi

TWiSTED always disappoints, SANTi never does, nor do they/he/she? mess with colors etc. unlike mane other less than perfect P2P groups. Haven't watched the movie.. doubt I will watch it, but someone asked for examples.

It's not fair to compare a DVDRip and BRRip.

mjmacky
12-09-2011, 06:41 PM

Final Destination 5

I see now that you are just doing it on purpose.

iLOVENZB
12-09-2011, 06:51 PM

I like the fact they used TWiZTED's 1080p source.

Night0wl
12-09-2011, 08:37 PM
It doesn't matter what source they used nor if it's a DVDRip or BRRip. What matter is that you with your scene only have a choice between either a DVDsized 720p or a 700MB rip, while we have the choice of something in between. Try both and then tell me there is no need for P2P.

The scene can never do a BDRip now, P2P can. P2P can also do x264 of this gem that only has 11 different releases in all resolutions so far. 39ish more tries to get it right.

nthekno
12-09-2011, 08:58 PM
If you use scene only trackers good luck finding any R5s, TSs, PPVs, and VODs because I don't see the scene ever bringing that to the table. Simple answer is just know what your looking for and maybe follow a group you like!

iLOVENZB
12-09-2011, 09:36 PM
We have a choice of:

XviD rip
x264 SD rip (See: http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/440402-Why-you-all-should-all-use-SCENE-ONLY-trackers/page4?p=3633736&viewfull=1#post3633736)
DVDR
720p/1080p
BDR50

There is no need for inbetween. Basically what you're trying to say is that p2p needs:

FULLBD (BDR) -> 1080p > 720p -> m-HD/DVDRip (m-720p/m-1080p) -> 300mb mkv -> 240p iPhone/mobile encode

Yes, the scene went through a faze of encoding for PSP but that didn't last long (See: http://orlydb.com/?q=psp+mp4) .

If you use scene only trackers good luck finding any R5s, TSs, PPVs, and VODs because I don't see the scene ever bringing that to the table. Simple answer is just know what your looking for and maybe follow a group you like!

I'll let Idol finish this considering him and I share similar views with pre-retail.

iLOVENZB
12-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Another day, another 10,000 encodes:

http://i.imgur.com/je0d0.png

Hasn't even been 24 hours.

Night0wl
12-10-2011, 07:43 PM
A good example where there isn't even a proper scene release. Good thing we have P2P.

iLOVENZB
12-10-2011, 08:43 PM
< query > [ XviD ] The.Inbetweeners.The.Movie.2011.iNTERNAL.DVDRip.XviD-RAWNiTRO [ 49F in 735.9MB ]
< info > The.Inbetweeners.The.Movie.2011.iNTERNAL.DVDRip.XviD-RAWNiTRO [ Comedy ]

7th from the top on that list.

mjmacky
12-10-2011, 09:02 PM
< query > [ XviD ] The.Inbetweeners.The.Movie.2011.iNTERNAL.DVDRip.XviD-RAWNiTRO [ 49F in 735.9MB ]
< info > The.Inbetweeners.The.Movie.2011.iNTERNAL.DVDRip.XviD-RAWNiTRO [ Comedy ]

Representing 11.4 % of the total snatches, I'm sure lots of people would be happy to have that one as their only choice.

Intr4ns1t
12-10-2011, 09:27 PM
forgive me for saying so, but the whole premise of this thread seems like a rehash of a mac fanboy debate. Some people like scene rips, some don't. Having options is never a bad thing in a realm where quality doesn't always matter as much as some would like.

mjmacky
12-10-2011, 09:56 PM
forgive me for saying so, but the whole premise of this thread seems like a rehash of a mac fanboy debate. Some people like scene rips, some don't. Having options is never a bad thing in a realm where quality doesn't always matter as much as some would like.

We have a thread here that states, "Why you all should all buy Apple computers"?

Intr4ns1t
12-10-2011, 10:05 PM

We have a thread here that states, "Why you all should all buy Apple computers"?

I'm sure it's in teh lounge mj.

Night0wl
12-11-2011, 04:29 AM

I believe you have misunderstood what iNTERNAL means. and to top it off it's 1CD or probably more than 1CD, which is why it's internal. I don't really see them having a 36MB sample for a 700MB encode.

Oh yeah I know how to check a pre db as well as well as the 0-day sites. That is the only scene release, which isn't per the rules a scene release, at the time of your post.

Lucifer9999
12-11-2011, 11:13 PM

finally a good sense post!!

@ilovenzb -> particular examples from a particular tracker is hardly a proof or a generalization... you'll never obtain an objective point of view in this rhythm..

prpower
12-12-2011, 01:48 AM
lmfao

EvilWalks
12-12-2011, 02:23 AM
Rubbish data caps imposed upon me by my ISP (there's no alternative in this country. ALL ISP's have data caps) prevent me downloading HD content. And I watch everything I DL streamed to either an Xbox360 or PS3. Neither of which will play x264 encodes. So I'm left stuck with Xvid releases. :(

iLOVENZB
12-12-2011, 06:18 AM

I believe you have misunderstood what iNTERNAL means. and to top it off it's 1CD or probably more than 1CD, which is why it's internal. I don't really see them having a 36MB sample for a 700MB encode.

Oh yeah I know how to check a pre db as well as well as the 0-day sites. That is the only scene release, which isn't per the rules a scene release, at the time of your post.

So you're saying scene INT releases aren't scene? Does p2p even have ruleset? Going by your logic most p2p releases should be the equivilant of scene INT.

@ilovenzb -> particular examples from a particular tracker is hardly a proof or a generalization... you'll never obtain an objective point of view in this rhythm..

I guess you're right: (AO)

http://i.imgur.com/zfjZf.png

... however there is a tracker non-obtrusive amount of torrents (tC)

http://i.imgur.com/LhwTZ.png

Night0wl
12-12-2011, 06:49 AM

So you're saying scene INT releases aren't scene? Does p2p even have ruleset? Going by your logic most p2p releases should be the equivilant of scene INT.

I guess you're right: (AO)

... however there is a tracker non-obtrusive amount of torrents (tC)

http://i.imgur.com/LhwTZ.png

An INT scene release would not be accepted normally pre'd (unless the group purposely made it INT even if following the rules). The rip will not count towards scoring. Any other group can at any time pre an XviD following the scene ruleset. So in a way yes, a scene INT could be compared to P2P since it's not bound by scene encoding rules. The .nfo doesn't even state why they choose INT, so really no way to tell. That's not saying that probably every P2P rip won't be better than that 700ish MB scene INT.

TC is a movie tracker, not a general tracker. They also have strict rules regarding P2P XviD uploads, as they encourage x264 over XviD at all times. But I guess you knew that already, so why you used it as an example I don't know. On the other hand TC is pretty good for new P2P uploads, since they don't have as strict rules as some of the other movie trackers. That being said, I would 99% of the time choose one from the stricter trackers if given the choice.

TONiC
12-12-2011, 10:26 AM

That particular release is iNT because the source is p2p. The DVDR was leaked onto some tracker, and simply they ripped and pre'd it, and rather than go just full blown "look what we got", they'd rather keep it hush hush... unfortunately that never works.

Scene>P2P. P2P will never be as organised, and as such, will always be inferior.

IdolEyes787
12-12-2011, 12:14 PM
Scene>P2P. P2P will never be as organised, and as such, will always be inferior.

That's what the ruling class in Louis the XVl's France kept telling themselves too.

mjmacky
12-12-2011, 05:03 PM

That's what the ruling class in Louis the XVl's France kept telling themselves too.

Anyone with have a brain would see how ridiculous sauce's comment was, but they're also the only ones to understand the parallel you are drawing (however poorly representative it is). So that leads me to the question, what was your goal? If it's to embarrass idiots under their radar, as I have interpreted, then thank you dearly. I may show you my chest yet.

TONiC
12-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Put it this way: take away P2P, and the scene will still exist. Take away the scene, and p2p dies. Simple.

mjmacky
12-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Put it this way: take away P2P, and the scene will still exist. Take away the scene, and p2p dies. Simple.

Instead of typing out why your statement is not just absurd, but also demonstrates your utter confusion, I would like you to do the legwork. Explain how, if the scene stepped away completely, p2p would die (instead of thrive).

LazyGuy
12-12-2011, 05:45 PM

Instead of typing out why your statement is not just absurd, but also demonstrates your utter confusion, I would like you to do the legwork. Explain how, if the scene stepped away completely, p2p would die (instead of thrive).
maybe he thinks that all the p2p groups source their BR-BD source from scene
and then do their own Kung-Fu on them
if the scene ceased to exist, the P2P would lose their valuable and consistent supply of Source
Because lets face it Scene is still much more organized and consistent in time and flow of releases

IdolEyes787
12-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Anyone with have a brain would see how ridiculous sauce's comment was, but they're also the only ones to understand the parallel you are drawing (however poorly representative it is). So that leads me to the question, what was your goal?

Other than finding new and ever lamer ways to amuse myself I don't think I have one.

I would have put "to generally confound and irritate" but that's merely a fortuitous byproduct and not really a goal.

No actually I lie ,what I really want is to be able to spout off names of various release groups with some authority in my quest to either join HDbits or God willing become part of the Scene.
I'd also like to be a ninja and own an iPad but that's more a dream than a goal obviously.

I'd also wouldn't mind some cake.

CleverMan
12-12-2011, 06:41 PM

Anyone with have a brain would see how ridiculous sauce's comment was, but they're also the only ones to understand the parallel you are drawing (however poorly representative it is). So that leads me to the question, what was your goal? If it's to embarrass idiots under their radar, as I have interpreted, then thank you dearly. I may show you my chest yet.
guess we should wait for great revolution in filesharing and end of the scene's reign at last?:P

mjmacky
12-12-2011, 06:43 PM
maybe he thinks that all the p2p groups source their BR-BD source from scene
and then do their own Kung-Fu on them
if the scene ceased to exist, the P2P would lose their valuable and consistent supply of Source
Because lets face it Scene is still much more organized and consistent in time and flow of releases

Not familiar with you, and don't know if you have the wherewithal to coherently pre mock a response. I just know that your structure didn't do you a favor.

I would have put "to generally confound and irritate" but that's merely a fortuitous byproduct and not really a goal.

When did you begin to emulate me, was it before I joined?

TONiC
12-12-2011, 07:40 PM

The Scene acts as the main resource for: early DVD/BDRiPs, early MP3 releases, TV caps in SD and HD, and cracked 0-day/apps, which then get leaked to P2P. Take away all that and you leave P2P with very little. Sites I know which would survive a Scene-outage are: TheBox.bz, UKNova, What.CD, Waffles.FM. Why? Because these sites have dedicated userbases substantial enough to supply their own content, capped TV and flac/mp3 rips respectively. P2P has only ever led the way in terms of content is in CiNE movie releases [CAM/TS/TC/WP/SCR/R5] which only lasted up until recently, of which, IMAGiNE was probably 90% responsible for, but with them lies the true downfall of p2p -> there's very little emphasis on security. Every other form of content on P2P is stolen from the scene. full stop.

mjmacky
12-12-2011, 07:55 PM
The Scene acts as the main resource for: early DVD/BDRiPs, early MP3 releases, TV caps in SD and HD, and cracked 0-day/apps, which then get leaked to P2P. Take away all that and you leave P2P with very little. Sites I know which would survive a Scene-outage are: TheBox.bz, UKNova, What.CD, Waffles.FM. Why? Because these sites have dedicated userbases substantial enough to supply their own content, capped TV and flac/mp3 rips respectively. P2P has only ever led the way in terms of content is in CiNE movie releases [CAM/TS/TC/WP/SCR/R5] which only lasted up until recently, of which, IMAGiNE was probably 90% responsible for, but with them lies the true downfall of p2p -> there's very little emphasis on security. Every other form of content on P2P is stolen from the scene. full stop.

Besides failing to answer my question, I'll point out what you're missing. First and foremost that p2p means filesharing AND releases not done by the scene (you focus on the former as if the latter doesn't exists).
-The majority of P2P does not use scene sources for TV caps (if they do TV) or movies.
-P2P covers DVDs, Blurays, Web-DL, albums, etc., the absence of scene has no impact on any of this.
-Some p2p groups do early release, not like it really matters. The delay until actual release date doesn't kill it off completely, that's only death to a preteen.
-Scene "outage" would only severely affect scene only sites, such as ScT, SCC, and whatever the other ones are.

Rather, if you eliminate scene, p2p could and would fill any possible gaps left behind. This means they would thrive. My interaction with scene-related matter is very marginal, maybe 4 % at most, directly or indirectly. This doesn't mean I don't snatch anything, it just means that I've waited a little longer for better options. Sometimes, that means a day, sometimes a week, sometimes a month. No adverse effects.

P.S. Thanks for playing along and making it much easier for me to address your inaccuracies.

TONiC
12-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Find me one single P2P site which doesn't have a Scene release on it. I'm very willing to bet, you won't. Why? Because the scene supplies the majority of content people want, thus I dare that 99% of BT sites out there steal from The Scene. Yes P2P might pick up the slack if there were a scene outage, but how is any source meant to feal confident when groups like IMAGiNE were freely exchanging their own home IPs? Secondly on that point, sources for pre-retail DVD/BD/CD rips are a God send; if you are willing to maintain the attitude that waiting an extra 2 weeks for a DVDRiP on the retail date, then you might as well forget P2P/Scene altogether and just buy everything on retail date - this is piracy my friend, the sooner something leaks, the better for everybody. There are hardly any P2P caps of US TV shows. Why? Because The Scene has the majority of US TV covered. UK sites like TheBox/UKNova thrived because the UK Scene wasnt strong enough to cap everything that airs, but I don't know a single P2P group that caps US TV. If there are, it's WEB-DL stuff.

IdolEyes787
12-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Find me one single P2P site which doesn't have a Scene release on it. I'm very willing to bet, you won't. Why? Because the scene supplies the majority of content people want, thus I dare that 99% of BT sites out there steal from The Scene. Yes P2P might pick up the slack if there were a scene outage, but how is any source meant to feal confident when groups like IMAGiNE were freely exchanging their own home IPs?? Secondly on that point, sources for pre-retail DVD/BD/CD rips are a God send; if you are willing to maintain the attitude that waiting an extra 2 weeks for a DVDRiP on the retail date, then you might as well forget P2P/Scene altogether and just buy everything on retail date - this is piracy my friend, the sooner something leaks, the better for everybody.

Sense,please make some.

Thanks in advance or in language you can perhaps better understand, Idol wishes to convey his gratitude pre-retail.Greetz to mjmacky and all other groups that aren't clinically brain-dead.

iLOVENZB
12-12-2011, 09:21 PM

IdolEyes787
12-12-2011, 09:33 PM

johhny
12-12-2011, 09:34 PM
I don't know a single P2P group that caps US TV o really?
:lol:

TONiC
12-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Sense,please make some.

Thanks in advance or in language you can perhaps better understand, Idol wishes to convey his gratitude pre-retail.Greetz to mjmacky and all other groups that aren't clinically brain-dead.

Not understanding a monkey is on par with not understanding a genuis. Tell me where your confusion lies...

I don't know a single P2P group that caps US TV o really?

Yes, please name one...

johhny
12-12-2011, 11:38 PM
TrollHD,CtrlHD,ALANiS etc

TONiC
12-12-2011, 11:50 PM

Now compare them to IMMERSE, DIMENSION, ORENJI... you see who rules who?

mjmacky
12-13-2011, 12:18 AM
There are hardly any P2P caps of US TV shows. Why? Because The Scene has the majority of US TV covered. UK sites like TheBox/UKNova thrived because the UK Scene wasnt strong enough to cap everything that airs, but I don't know a single P2P group that caps US TV. If there are, it's WEB-DL stuff.

And you have completely undone your entire argument with your own words. The fact that you weren't able to see that is very amusing.

Since filesharing isn't a monarchy and p2p and scene don't have anything to do with each other, the answer is neither. I would pick up a CtrlHD release over any of those scenes any day of the week. No matter what it was, I would never grab an Immerse release ever again. In fact the only scene releases I had been watching was The Daily Show 720p, but since they're back on Hulu and all scene releases seem to be MIA for awhile now it's been exclusive streaming for months.

shout outs to -anon -iDoL -D4y$Parr0w -DaTurk and all my peeps keepin it real real

IdolEyes787
12-13-2011, 12:43 AM
Not understanding a monkey is on par with not understanding a genuis. Tell me where your confusion lies...

I don't understand why the genius eats his own poop.

Them's fightin' words varmit .Let me gits my guns and let's settle this man to monkey.

Btw my favourite TV group is HBO although AMC is an up and comer.Never heard of any you mentioned .Must be European or something.:unsure:

temisturk
12-13-2011, 01:50 AM
Before P2P groups, there were Scene groups. So, obviously, the Scene can survive without P2P.

But P2P groups were only able to rise because the Scene groups weren't filling the demands of the public. So obviously the P2P groups can survive without the Scene because they're filling a need the Scene never filled.

They complement each other more than they compete with each other. Anyone who closes their mind to half the suppliers out there is needlessly and foolishly limiting their own choices.

mjmacky
12-13-2011, 01:56 AM
Though they overlap more than they complement, therefore making coexistence many times a redundancy. It's true that either could exist on their own without the other, but nowhere near the point I was making (as I find that obvious). As far as competition goes, that's a contest created by the leechers or basically anyone with an opinion.

temisturk
12-13-2011, 02:15 AM
I wasn't replying to you but, sure, there is a greater-or-lesser amount of redundancy. But it's better to have an overlap of whatever size than a gap.

mjmacky
12-13-2011, 03:48 AM
I wasn't replying to you but, sure, there is a greater-or-lesser amount of redundancy. But it's better to have an overlap of whatever size than a gap.

I wasn't replying to you either, hence the lack of a quote. I was speaking on the point you brought up though. The reason for pointing out a redundancy was to exemplify their coexistence's independence.

Also, it's been brought up many times before, but scene only gains its relevance from p2p activity.

temisturk
12-13-2011, 04:21 AM
It only gains its relevance to us through p2p activity but they get their kicks from beating each other to a release. So in that sense p2p is mostly irrelevant to most of them. [I say most because, by now, I'm sure there are some sceners who get at least some kick out of their anonymous fame amongst the googling public.]

iLOVENZB
12-13-2011, 05:23 AM
It only gains its relevance to us through p2p activity but they get their kicks from beating each other to a release. So in that sense p2p is mostly irrelevant to most of them. [I say most because, by now, I'm sure there are some sceners who get at least some kick out of their anonymous fame amongst the googling public.]

The scene is about as public as p2p now with many insecurities from newcomers. You'll find some treasures on EFNet of all places. As I've said before CNX264 scene is also as public as Nicki Minaj's cleavage.

mjmacky
12-13-2011, 06:13 AM
As I've said before CNX264 scene is also as public as Nicki Minaj's cleavage.

Who's that?

johhny
12-13-2011, 08:43 AM

Obviously is not SHiTMMERSE and i can't remember when i've download one of those releases

Hypatia
12-13-2011, 09:35 AM
you see who rules who?

what? since when IMMERSE, DIMENSION, ORENJI capture 1080i? rofl

PS immerse is a disgrace i dunno who let these kids on "scene" and if you check the ammount of repacks\fixes for the fucked up sh`t scene groups release in a hurry you will be astonished

Funkin'
12-13-2011, 01:17 PM
I can't believe I actually sat here and read through all that crap. Guess it's because I'm so stoned. I'd pretty much have to be to voluntarily sit and read through a bunch of scene/p2p arguments.

mjmacky
12-13-2011, 06:09 PM
I can't believe I actually sat here and read through all that crap. Guess it's because I'm so stoned. I'd pretty much have to be to voluntarily sit and read through a bunch of scene/p2p arguments.

Participate, these scene kids are like members of the church of Apple. They don't like it when you dis their beliefs.

Funkin'
12-13-2011, 07:11 PM
these scene kids are like members of the church of Apple.

I see that. It's a pretty bold statement that p2p would die without the scene.

iNCONVENiENT
12-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Before P2P groups, there were Scene groups. So, obviously, the Scene can survive without P2P.

But P2P groups were only able to rise because the Scene groups weren't filling the demands of the public. So obviously the P2P groups can survive without the Scene because they're filling a need the Scene never filled.

They complement each other more than they compete with each other. Anyone who closes their mind to half the suppliers out there is needlessly and foolishly limiting their own choices.

Actually, P2P is just the sharing of files. This existed before scene.

Alien5
12-13-2011, 10:20 PM
Waiting times are useless.

Wolves
12-15-2011, 01:46 PM
The thing is, the admin of IPtorrents never put a gun to anyone's head and forced them to use their tracker. If you want only Scene releases, go to a scene-only tracker. If you go to a generalized tracker that prides itself in the quantity of it's torrents then you'll find quantity. I admit I find myself using IPT less and less since I first joined it, but due the vast database , IPT has some rare gems that cant be found anywhere else on the internet AND the vast userbase makes sure it remains seeded for a long long time.

absent_today
12-15-2011, 02:37 PM
The scene are only in it for the money, p2p do it for lolz
I would like to understand how scene group earn

mitraark
12-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Scene is either XViD 1CD or 2CD releases or the 1DVD BluRay , but seeders are more at 1/2 DVD 1/3 DVD x264 P2P rips.

Alien5
12-16-2011, 05:12 PM
The thing is, the admin of IPtorrents never put a gun to anyone's head and forced them to use their tracker. If you want only Scene releases, go to a scene-only tracker. If you o to a generalized tracker that prides itself in the quantity of it's torrents then you'll find quantity. I admit I find myself using IPT less and less since I first joined it, but due the vast database , IPT has some rare gems that cant be found anywhere else on the internet AND the vast userbase makes sure it remains seeded for a long long time.
Good post, lots of torrent packs and well seeded torrents from a long time ago,

Alien5
12-18-2011, 10:43 PM
The scene are only in it for the money, p2p do it for lolz

Do you read NFO's?

mitraark
12-21-2011, 04:37 PM

Do you read NFO's?

Let's say , hypothetically , that i don't read the NFO's. Can you please enlighten me ?

res0r9lm
12-21-2011, 04:54 PM

Obviously is not SHiTMMERSE and i can't remember when i've download one of those releases

+1
IMMERSE is garbage. Dimension is awesome for TV shows not available in web-dl

allstar323
12-21-2011, 09:39 PM
I agree with the OP,but then again people are free to choose. There needs to be some sort of regulation on that site,otherwise there will be a lot of pointless encodes. I personally only go for scene encodes if there are no internals available (happens rarely).

Alien5
12-22-2011, 01:38 AM
Do you read NFO's?

Let's say , hypothetically , that i don't read the NFO's. Can you please enlighten me ?

Hypothetically not really no.

Waddafocky
12-22-2011, 02:02 AM

I read NFOs, could you enlighten me?

Burnsy
12-22-2011, 02:03 AM

I read NFOs, could you enlighten me?

I read .nfo's as well from time to time... I don't remember them ever stating how a scene groups revenue was generated tho...

Night0wl
12-22-2011, 05:41 PM
I think he meant scene notices. They make it quite clear. But selling leech slots to private dumps is probably on top. Selling sources to counterfeit groups is probably number two. Free hardware is probably number 3. Use your imagination to come up with more. We can be pretty sure that if you can think of any way to make money on the scene, then someone is already doing so.

Burnsy
12-22-2011, 05:44 PM
I think he meant scene notices. They make it quite clear. But selling leech slots to private dumps is probably on top. Selling sources to counterfeit groups is probably number two. Free hardware is probably number 3. Use your imagination to come up with more. We can be pretty sure that if you can think of any way to make money on the scene, then someone is already doing so.

Yeah I was aware of all that... I thought he was referring to .nfo's and info contained in those... something I've never, ever come across

Night0wl
12-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Well scene notices are in essence .nfo's

Burnsy
12-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Well scene notices are in essence .nfo's

Fair one, but my point being, I've never read an .nfo file advertising leech slots, or the sale of sources... I know they're always interested in free hardware and 'affiliates', but the original point in question was the inference that .nfo's contained details on how they generated revenue (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/440402-Why-you-all-should-all-use-SCENE-ONLY-trackers?p=3637370&viewfull=1#post3637370), which to be fair, I don't remember having happened...

iLOVENZB
12-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Obviously they're not going to advertise leech slots but it does happen. It's usually hidden as "rewards" for suppliers.

Burnsy
12-23-2011, 12:59 AM
Obviously they're not going to advertise leech slots but it does happen. It's usually hidden as "rewards" for suppliers.

Well obviously, which is kinda the point... doesn't matter anyway.

Bottom line is Alien5 inferred reading .nfo's would 'enlighten' people as to how scene groups raise revenue (leech slots, selling sources etc etc), which obviously they don't... this forum can be hard work sometimes :unsure:

iLOVENZB
12-23-2011, 02:32 AM
Only enlighten people who have enough intelligence to use their imagination/common sense, which seems to be lacking on this board.

Burnsy
12-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Only enlighten people who have enough intelligence to use their imagination/common sense, which seems to be lacking on this board.

Or how about enlightening those who really have better things to do with their times than trying to be in the kool klub? (Wooooooooo... Gooooooo Sceneeeeeeeers....)

The guy was only asking a question about wondering how scene groups made some revenue, and instead of a nice simple reply about leech slots etc (which just about everyone knows about) he was given some bullshit about reading .nfo's... and now, apparently, if he can't glean that info from reading an .nfo (where such things are never stated) he doesn't have an imagination/common sense? :lol:

mjmacky
12-23-2011, 03:49 PM
No comment that the scene nfos usually have very little useful information, and is mostly filled with ascii graphics and shoutouts?

Burnsy
12-23-2011, 04:21 PM
No comment that the scene nfos usually have very little useful information, and is mostly filled with ascii graphics and shoutouts?

Totally agree (well apart from sometimes checking some technical data), but if you're in the kool klub and have imagination and common sense then you're able to take a completely different meaning from the shit contained in them... I wish I woz kool:sadwalk:

mjmacky
12-23-2011, 04:56 PM

Totally agree (well apart from sometimes checking some technical data), but if you're in the kool klub and have imagination and common sense then you're able to take a completely different meaning from the shit contained in them... I wish I woz kool:sadwalk:

I'm in a couple of cool clubs, just not the right ones I guess.

Alien5
12-24-2011, 12:50 PM
I recall perpetually hearing the items required before they set sail are scene dumps or silvers, most folk would just have a ship and sailors.

NippleCake
12-24-2011, 01:53 PM
Most scene notices these days are written by illiterate idiots who consider their section of the scene (something mundane like Algerian-TV) all might. Either that or its "l33t" p2p users spamming ridiculous shoutouts to their 'bros'. The real scene take their security seriously and don't often concern themselves with trying to manually stretch their e-penis.

IdolEyes787
12-24-2011, 02:22 PM
The real scene take their security seriously and don't often concern themselves with trying to manually stretch their e-penis.

They're cool like that.
I mean if you overlook that fact that they sit around in front of computers and insist on referring to themselves as The Scene.

Alien5
12-24-2011, 04:48 PM
At the moment it feels as though the best is not an option for some until judged, an experiment-with each site add other peoples views into one thread then we might even push the boat out and learn to create a poll to decide the top 10 of HD trackers,

Or maybe its best lie low with this we don't want the best becoming another OiNK. R.i.P