PDA

View Full Version : Blocknews down for everyone or just me?

tmas333
12-01-2011, 01:33 PM
downloads stopped at around 3am EST last night. havent been able to connect since. Tried both servers and all alternate ports and still wont connect. been down for 5 hours now.

if this keeps up im going back to astraweb.

mjmacky
12-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Why'd you ever leave Astraweb? Because of the price deal offered on Blocknews? Just for reference, the connections to Astraweb over the past 5 hours were wonderful.

tmas333
12-01-2011, 02:23 PM
thanks ass. I already figured that lol. trust me I will be going back to astraweb after I use my 200GB with blocknews.

Now is everyone else having problems downloading with blocknews over the last 6hrs? No this isnt the same issue that I had in my topic from last week (that was isolated to my account)

zot
12-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Yes, Blocknews is down for me also. (But Usenet-news.net - which uses the same servers - is working however)

Maybe this has something to do with Blocknews massive BlackFriday signups?

@tmas333:
- So your plan is to wait until you use all of your Blocknews block before buying an Astraweb block?
Since these block accounts don't ever expire, is there any reason why you can't hold more than one at the same time? I myself have block accounts at several different companies, and I would assume that the benefits of doing so are self-evident to everyone.

EDIT: Blocknews seems to be working fine now.

A_T
12-01-2011, 02:55 PM
No problems here with eunews.blocknews.net

tmas333
12-01-2011, 03:35 PM
and now its working perfectly fine again. wow blocknews sucks. first week and these critical problems keep happening. 2 years with astraweb and never had any issues (one time I had to change to a diffrent port but was hardly a problem on there end).

I'll gladly pay an extra $4 for a more reliable astraweb once my blocknews is up.

No problems here with eunews.blocknews.net

are you from europe. whats the reason you use the euro server? Is it more reliable than US one?

zot
12-01-2011, 03:55 PM
whats the reason you use the euro server? Is it more reliable than US one?
Are you aware that you can use two or more servers simultaneously and get a more reliable and higher quality service?

hdjunky
12-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Blocknews stopped for me last night but frugal usenet continued to work and then it was late so i didnt bothered to email them. Works okay now for me to this morning. Not sure why you would make astraweb sound like it is without any problems...they have their fair share. This was the only problem for me with blocknews in a long time. Maybe the machines hate your account? lol kidding...but nothing to get worked up about.

Malcontent
12-01-2011, 07:58 PM
2 years with astraweb and never had any issues (one time I had to change to a diffrent port but was hardly a problem on there end).

You had no problem when Astraweb had completion issues with a stretch of retention back in June? A problem that lasted for about 6 weeks?

http://helpdesk.astraweb.com/index.php?_m=news&_a=viewnews&newsid=53
(http://helpdesk.astraweb.com/index.php?_m=news&_a=viewnews&newsid=53)

I (http://forums.newsbin.com/viewforum.php?f=20)'m not picking on Astraweb. Just pointing out that every provider has issues from time to time. Blocknews was down for a few hours. Astraweb took 6 weeks to fix their completion issues that started back in June.

Did you send Blocknews a support ticket when you realized it was down? The faster it was reported the sooner it most likely would have been fixed.

Beck38
12-02-2011, 03:21 AM
Have some things going on with the routing the last few days (with Blocknews). It's more than likely due to some routers (at least from the wacky tracert's I get looking at the route from where I am to where they are).

A couple hours ago they were completely 'unresponsive', and the route was taking over 20 'hops' when the 'usual' is 10. So something out there in 'internet land' is going wacko, and I'm afraid Blocknews has little if any control over it, unless they somehow sent out messed up tables from one of their border routers.