PDA

View Full Version : [Request] PTP - Pass the Popcorn

Torn
12-03-2011, 02:35 PM
EDIT: Invite not needed anymore.

Hi,

I am looking for an invite to PTP - Pass the Popcorn.

I would really appreciate an invite because I can't find certain, older, movies on FTN or TL. Usually I can on Demonoid but the speeds are pretty terrible and I don't feel it's as safe as other trackers.

My upload is about 600-800kb/sec (~10mb) Keeping a good ratio wont be a problem.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

megabyteme
12-03-2011, 09:04 PM
I'm tempted to help you, but stumbled across this:

EDIT: Cinemageddon lvl1 (9)... Extremely great amount of rare content. You can find more stuff on CG than KG. CG is highly underrated in all aspects.
Last edited by Torn; 10-26-08 at 07:27 PM.

Are you no longer on either of the trackers you mention? What happened to those accounts?

Torn
12-03-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm still on both FTN and TL. (Not really needing 0-day) I've been around torrents very long and used to be into all those rare trackers. (Rabbit, FSC, iTS, TT etc.. etc..) I stopped caring about rarity 2-3 years ago though. Now, I look solely for content as I don't have time to devote to tracker forums.

I have Cinemageddon and actually joined first week it was open. :) However, that content is to obscure for me. As for KG, that content is for older films and I'm just looking for movies from late 80's to early 2000 that have a decent amount of seeders.

EDIT: Just noticed my first post said "certain, older, movies". I meant to say 80's-2000's. :)

EDIT 2: Is there a tracker which can be seen as the new ScT? Still miss it to this day. :(

megabyteme
12-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Sounds reasonable to me.

EDIT- am placing my generosity on temporary hold while others make their arguments. Personally, I think you are a decent guy, and I expect I'll be helping you with the invite soon.

Apologies for my fickle-ness. :)

IdolEyes787
12-03-2011, 10:27 PM
I went to the trouble of reading your entire post history to see if I could help but before you thank me I need to ask "So I guess this no longer applies then"?

Instead of making requests, maybe you can take the time to learn/meet some of the members?

Oh and in light of the post by MBM , angelic idiot,that he is , I have to also wonder if all someone has to do is show up once in a blue moon , make it a point to namedrop a few iimpressive things while ironically spouting that they "don't care about rarity" and get what they want never to be heard or seen from again then why don't I just give all of my invites to people who obviously disrespect this site?

Hey TTS want a SCC invite?

megabyteme
12-03-2011, 10:40 PM
I spent a bit of time reading his post history before offering him the invite, Idol. Although he hasn't been particularly active, none of his posts have struck me as coming from anything but someone who was once interested in BT more than he is now. Even back then, he seemed like a fairly level-headed (no, not that kind if "level") member.

Would I prefer to help members who are more active on FST? Yes. Do I see any reason why I shouldn't help a guy with a 4-year history of not being an over-zealous BT fanatic? No.

To a certain point, I can respect someone whose primary interest is in content.

Find me some "Silver Bullet" reasons why I should not help Torn out, and I will find a "more worthy" member to help...

IdolEyes787
12-04-2011, 12:03 AM
You have a perfect right to give your invites to anyone you want just as I have a perfect right not to necessarily agree with you and i wouldn't want it any other way.

Anyway if you want to know the real reason for my current little rant ,besides the aforementioned fair weather user thing then it's basically I don't like namedropping and Rip(vague movie reference unfortunately not in HD) has a long history of it.
Also OK if he's so unconcerned by bt politics then maybe a request based on merit ,merit other than "I used to be a member of" and" I want me some unspecified 80's movies "which btw CG and KG are my prime sources of , might be a thought or something.

Silver Bullet's a decent enough Stephen King based werewolf movie btw.
RIP Corey Haim and Gary Busey's sanity.

Torn
12-04-2011, 12:12 AM
I went to the trouble of reading your entire post history to see if I could help but before you thank me I need to ask "So I guess this no longer applies then"?

Instead of making requests, maybe you can take the time to learn/meet some of the members?

Unfortunately, and truthfully, learning/meeting new members will no longer apply, for me, to the bittorrent world. My life outside of BT is more important now as I want to spend time with family and friends.

I remember many years ago having a small circle of friends within the BT world. We literally had all those trackers everyone dreamed of having. (Not trying to brag! :) ) We were all very active members and contributed a lot of our own content. We even had our own forum and only let in a few people every month. Mostly because it was hard trusting people.

This wasn't my only forum, and certainly this isn't my usual username. In fact, I don't think I ever had the same username anywhere. :) I lurked around other boards, like FST, as well. Usually scouting around for potential friends/members.

I didn't like FST because every invite you tried to give out was a HUGE risk. Although I did give some out, it was for the low end rare stuff. Everything was so serious here on FST! :) Even mentioning ftwr, uk-t, fsc, exigo, etc. without using asterisk marks was a sin! :p So much so people would be banned left and right! (Hopefully this isn't true anymore! I'm too lazy to search.)

It was a lot of fun though, that's for sure!

So, that's a small part of my torrent history. I'm now retired from this world and only use it to gain enjoyment, through the content, with friends and family.

megabyteme
12-04-2011, 12:15 AM
I'm quite with you on the shameless use of name-dropping. That was one of the first red flags that popped up. However, his post history really showed no sign of it. More often than not, he made decent, fairly well-thought-out posts. While his request is less than stellar/verbose, it was his history of not being any of what you mention that made me comfortable offering him the invite. I have a feeling his use of such names was in an effort to assure me that he had been "trusted" before- regardless of his time away from the site.

And, although I have never seen the OP act, I am reasonably certain he can compete with Corey Haim and Gary Busey for talent, and worthiness for a PtP invite.

Automerged EDIT- Above was posted before reading Torn's above post.

IdolEyes787
12-04-2011, 12:40 AM

Unfortunately, and truthfully, learning/meeting new members will no longer apply, for me, to the bittorrent world. My life outside of BT is more important now as I want to spend time with family and friends.

I remember many years ago having a small circle of friends within the BT world. We literally had all those trackers everyone dreamed of having. (Not trying to brag! :) ) We were all very active members and contributed a lot of our own content. We even had our own forum and only let in a few people every month. Mostly because it was hard trusting people.

This wasn't my only forum, and certainly this isn't my usual username. In fact, I don't think I ever had the same username anywhere. :) I lurked around other boards, like FST, as well. Usually scouting around for potential friends/members.

I didn't like FST because every invite you tried to give out was a HUGE risk. Although I did give some out, it was for the low end rare stuff. Everything was so serious here on FST! :) Even mentioning ftwr, uk-t, fsc, exigo, etc. without using asterisk marks was a sin! :p So much so people would be banned left and right! (Hopefully this isn't true anymore! I'm too lazy to search.)

It was a lot of fun though, that's for sure!

So, that's a small part of my torrent history. I'm now retired from this world and only use it to gain enjoyment, through the content, with friends and family.

I know that being "busy with family and friends" you have no time to debate this but hopefully you at least see the irony that you once denied people access to certain sites for exactly the same reason that you are apparently expounding in your defense here.
Personally I think you're self interest has just found another outlet is all.

@MBM I could give you quotes of the alleged "namedropping " but seriously even I have better things to waste my time on than that.

Also I doubt the OP was ever was nominated for an Oscar as Busey was,Peggy Sue.

megabyteme
12-04-2011, 04:14 AM
@Idol: I had forgotten he could act. His continued "career" has pushed his prior roles to the realm of the lost. Thanks for the reminder- he's been in a lot of good roles, much to my surprise.

I'm kind of fond of his work in this old commercial dating back to shortly after his brain-damaging, helmet-less, motorcycle accident:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/276404/saturday-night-live-gary-busey-ad

Since I was looking for someone who had more talent than Haim or Busey, I MUST deny the OP his request. :shifty:

May gawd have mercy on your sole, you untalented actor-type*. :snooty:

*And enjoy your new account to PtP. :happy:

Torn
12-04-2011, 04:18 AM
Yea, I'll admit my request for PTP was pretty lame and contradictory to what I would otherwise say is appropriate. However, I am able to backup and justify my claim for such trackers. :) If someone had otherwise shown me the same proof/history I'd say otherwise. (And when they had, I'd invite them in secret :) ) With the turmoil FST had been dealing with in the past, I am unaware of the situation currently, I was definitely much more cautious.

Back in the early stages of ScT, FTWR, FTN etc.. etc.. everyone wanted an invite. It was pretty insane when more than half the threads on the request section was about those sites. Not to mention, the mods were always lurking around here!

I'm content with the trackers I currently have but couldn't find a decent copy of 'Jingle All The Way' on FTN or TL! :) Glad to see PTP has ample copies!

BTW, my acting is more along the lines of the 'Troll 2' actors. :lol:

megabyteme
12-04-2011, 04:26 AM

Troll 2? We watch that daily around here. :w00t:

You sure you can't stick around for a bit?... :cry:

Torn
12-04-2011, 04:46 AM

Troll 2? We watch that daily around here. :w00t:

You sure you can't stick around for a bit?... :cry:

Hmmm, in that case I may stick around a bit longer! :) Of course I'll always lurk but am also always available through PMs and whatnot!

mjmacky
12-04-2011, 08:57 AM
I wish there was a tracker I wanted to get into, just show I could show people how to do a proper request.

megabyteme
12-04-2011, 09:50 AM
I wish there was a tracker I wanted to get into, just show I could show people how to do a proper request.

While I appreciate effort being put into a request, I am more of a "big picture" kind of guy. Honestly, Torn's history here presented him as a good guy who found himself interested in the community. Got somewhat taken into the joys of being invited (be honest, it feels good to be "accepted", doesn't it?), recognized that as a dead-end, and moved away from much of the community, but has maintained occasional contact for the content. To me, this is rather healthier than becoming power-mad and staffing on a dozen sites, and rejecting people on IRC.

He has never been an excessive braggart, a troll, trader, or tracker fanboy.

And, very much to his credit, he contacted me after he received the invite. We exchanged a couple PMs as he was curious about the lives, and deaths, of trackers that had disappeared since he was gone. While it appears as if I was lax on my decision here, in fact, Torn has met with the sorts of markers I do look for in my invitees.

As for you, Macky, I was intending to give you an invite to Neptoons- even with the very high likelihood that you would challenge several of their staff members to a naked knife fight to the death within the first week. That is the sort of marker I look for in a friend. :happy:

mjmacky
12-04-2011, 10:33 AM
As for you, Macky, I was intending to give you an invite to Neptoons- even with the very high likelihood that you would challenge several of their staff members to a naked knife fight to the death within the first week. That is the sort of marker I look for in a friend. :happy:

You don't remember already inviting me? I already joined and got into with some of the staff. Seeing as to how corpses can't effectively run a tracker, they're having trouble keeping it open. By bringing me in, you destroyed their tracker. My conscience is clean, and bloodlust sated, but clearly you must be having some kind of psychological issue with it, seeing as your memory is lapsing.

Oh, my issue with requests is that they seem to fall into two categories: scumbag/idiots and sincere pacifists. The idiots aside, so many of them seem to be made on eggshells. We're trying to locate files, not make omelets.

megabyteme
12-04-2011, 10:55 AM
so many of them seem to be made o[f] eggshells.

I tried not to hold the fact that he was searching for Jingle All the Way against him. Perhaps I was a bit too forgiving... :ermm:

IdolEyes787
12-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Oh, my issue with requests is that they seem to fall into two categories: scumbag/idiots and sincere pacifists. The idiots aside, so many of them seem to be made on eggshells. We're trying to locate files, not make omelets.

Invite me someplace faggot*. As to were it hardly matters as it should be painfully obvious that I have no concerns about the quality of the site I belong to.

Obviously.

Edit. Sorry I didn't notice the scumbag/idiots part. In that case forget I asked.:)

Jingle All the Way ,the only way to put a good spin on that movie is by saying "Well at least it's the best film Sinbad's ever done":mellow:.
Anyway according to IMDB people who liked Jingle also like Inspector Gadget and George of the Jungle I would have thought it a lot easier to simply write "People who like this are also retarded"?

*used in this case as a synonym for a bunch of twigs and not a slur against a particular sexual orientation as mjmakarov is clearly as bright as a piece of wood.

mjmacky
12-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Invite me someplace faggot*. As to were it hardly matters as it should be painfully obvious that I have no concerns about the quality of the site I belong to.

Obviously.

Edit. Sorry I didn't notice the scumbag/idiots part. In that case forget I asked.:)

*used in this case as a synonym for a bunch of twigs and not a slur against a particular sexual orientation as mjmakarov is clearly as bright as a piece of wood.

Are you predicting my request or asking me to invite you somewhere? Because it kind of swings both ways.

Also, wood burns, in fact it burns so well that we've used it as a fuel source for centuries, dozens perhaps (not specifically sure).

so many of them seem to be made o[f] eggshells.

I tried not to hold the fact that he was searching for Jingle All the Way against him. Perhaps I was a bit too forgiving... :ermm:

You know, there's a point on the egg that can withstand much more pressure than any other part, I'm just not sensitive enough to restrict where I'm touching these fragile people.

Torn
12-05-2011, 02:08 AM
Jingle all the Way is a classic! How dare you all! :lol:

I did also grab Elf, Charlie Brown Christmas, Garfield Christmas, Home Alone and A Very Sunny Christmas. The latter being my favorite. :)

IdolEyes787
12-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Die Hard is the best 80's Christmas movie.If I hadn't just said it I would say that it goes without saying.

Lethal Weapon would run it close except nothing says the holidays like a merry "Yippie Ki-Yay motherfucker".

Also @ Torn WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!!!!!!!!!:)

Torn
12-13-2011, 05:19 AM
Also @ Torn WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!!!!!!!!!:)

http://i44.tinypic.com/1r6ser.gif

:)

aw, this toilet elmo is rockin'!

http://i44.tinypic.com/15fq9nq.gif

megabyteme
12-13-2011, 05:55 PM
Oh, good lord, what have I invited in?... :pinch:

mjmacky
12-13-2011, 06:23 PM

Being a nice guy makes you feel dirty on the inside sometimes. I thought you'd be used to that.

megabyteme
12-14-2011, 02:37 AM
From now on, I'll invite via the shadows of PM. Plausible deniability. :yup:

Torn
12-15-2011, 05:15 PM

Haha, you invited an awesome member is what you did! :P

I'm even uploading movies.... even if it's this one:

http://i44.tinypic.com/14e2lqv.png

it still counts!

mjmacky
12-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Why does that look like a knockoff?

IdolEyes787
12-15-2011, 06:20 PM
Why does that look like a knockoff?
I could be wrong but it looks more like a cartoon cat in a cape to me.

mjmacky
12-15-2011, 06:24 PM
I tineyed it and got shit for results, someone's original artwork I guess.

IdolEyes787
12-15-2011, 06:30 PM
I don't see how you can say that considering that it's from the people who brought you Chop Kick Panda.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/puss-in-boots-a-furry-tail.html

P2PDog
12-15-2011, 08:42 PM

I googled Puss in Boots and came up with this

http://oi41.tinypic.com/r8b66c.jpg

Intr4ns1t
12-15-2011, 08:49 PM

I'd rent that!

mjmacky
12-15-2011, 10:10 PM

I'd rent that!

Might be worth the $6.98, but the blonde is working against her. In fact, the body and outfit are the only things working for her.

Intr4ns1t
12-15-2011, 10:18 PM
I'd rent that!

Might be worth the $6.98, but the blonde is working against her. In fact, the body and outfit are the only things working for her.

She's blonde?

mjmacky
12-15-2011, 10:20 PM

She's blonde?

It's even feasible she might have a personality.

Intr4ns1t
12-15-2011, 10:21 PM
She's blonde?

It's even feasible she might have a personality.

Everyone has their downsides :(

anigav
12-16-2011, 01:54 AM

I am not getting these results :(

What version of google are you using?

n00bz0r
12-16-2011, 06:40 AM

v 1.3.3.7

anigav
12-16-2011, 07:20 AM

v 1.3.3.7

No wonder why, where can I download the latest version ?

anon
12-16-2011, 05:38 PM
v 1.3.3.7

I thought he'd be using Google Canadia, but I couldn't find it there either.