PDA

View Full Version : What is FST Missing?

100%
12-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Submit your brainstorms maybe it will help.

temisturk
12-03-2011, 09:22 PM
A random picture thread?

megabyteme
12-03-2011, 09:23 PM
More frequent posts from 100% would most likely help. :)

iLOVENZB
12-04-2011, 06:20 AM
Discussions! Seems the only active topics are the ones OlegL post. Oh and fuck those 10 post spammers off. I unsubscribed to heaps of threads because of them.

temisturk
12-04-2011, 12:03 PM
Oh, this is serious. OK well, it seems you're allowed to post ed2k links and nzb links here but not torrent links. That seems a bit inconsistent. And the other day someone asked for help finding a Wii game and even though I knew where he could get it I couldn't tell him.

tesco
12-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Oh, this is serious. OK well, it seems you're allowed to post ed2k links and nzb links here but not torrent links. That seems a bit inconsistent. And the other day someone asked for help finding a Wii game and even though I knew where he could get it I couldn't tell him.Torrents have too much attention surrounding them, we will change that rule when the attention shifts to something else. For now we try to play it safe.

temisturk
12-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Ah, fair enough I suppose.

Edit: O noez. I've just discovered something else that is very definitely missing. I was trying some different things in my profile and changed to the mobile style but there is now no option to change styles. So I'm stuck and this is ghastly. Could someone please change me back to the default style?

Edit 2: Whew, it's OK, I managed to get out of it, but I had to create a 2nd account (temisturk2) to figure out how to override the style choice to get to the profile page.

zot
12-06-2011, 11:15 PM
As this is a relatively old site, we can naturally expect a few things still "on the books" that probably no longer need to be.

Like rules regarding Sig2Dats -- do many people here even remember those? :lol:

tesco
12-06-2011, 11:39 PM
As this is a relatively old site, we can naturally expect a few things still "on the books" that probably no longer need to be.
Sig and Avatar rules come to mind. :lol:
When's the last time anyone enforced those?

anon
12-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Edit: O noez. I've just discovered something else that is very definitely missing. I was trying some different things in my profile and changed to the mobile style but there is now no option to change styles. So I'm stuck and this is ghastly. Could someone please change me back to the default style?

Edit 2: Whew, it's OK, I managed to get out of it, but I had to create a 2nd account (temisturk2) to figure out how to override the style choice to get to the profile page.

This has happened to other people before :) For reference, this (http://filesharingtalk.com/usercp.php?styleid=49) link will set your skin to "FST", and then you can change it back via the user CP.

temisturk
12-07-2011, 01:30 AM
Thanks. That looks about like what I figured out. I just had to use the second a/c to get into the control panel to find out the number of the style I needed to set the override to.

Cabalo
12-07-2011, 03:33 AM
What FST needs is someone to invent a new filesharing method so we can start a corresponding new section.
Since the BT drama is nowhere to be seen lately, we need new methods.

iLOVENZB
12-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Cabby, How about sharing meetups? I don't think I've seen one since the mid to late 90's. I remember going to a swap-meet and seeing $2 movies in sleeves. At first I thought it was a rip-off, $2 for a covered sleeve? My cousin then explained to me they were replica bootlegs :P

Back then it was kinda scary that I could of met someone with links in the scene, now it seems every Tom, Dick and Harry has at least one source.

tesco
12-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Thanks. That looks about like what I figured out. I just had to use the second a/c to get into the control panel to find out the number of the style I needed to set the override to.Or you can just go to the bottom of the page and click "Full Site". :P

temisturk
12-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks. That looks about like what I figured out. I just had to use the second a/c to get into the control panel to find out the number of the style I needed to set the override to.Or you can just go to the bottom of the page and click "Full Site". :P

No you can't. I tried that. The first time it threw up an error message (page not found or something like that). After that, it simply stopped working (in the sense that it just loaded the site but still in the mobile style). But the URL it showed was what gave me the idea to see if I could manually override the style.

I'm pretty sure I could reproduce the steps but since it's not a common problem but it has been known about for some time I guess there's probably no appetite for actually fixing it. And I managed to wiggle out of it so I'm happy.

tesco
12-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Or you can just go to the bottom of the page and click "Full Site". :P

No you can't. I tried that. The first time it threw up an error message (page not found or something like that). After that, it simply stopped working (in the sense that it just loaded the site but still in the mobile style). But the URL it showed was what gave me the idea to see if I could manually override the style.

I'm pretty sure I could reproduce the steps but since it's not a common problem but it has been known about for some time I guess there's probably no appetite for actually fixing it. And I managed to wiggle out of it so I'm happy.iLOVENZB's workaround is for the old mobile style, before I added the style chooser to it to fix this issue, and even longer before we switched to this relatively new mobile style that includes the Full Site link. I've never heard of anyone having a problem with it and it works for me. :unsure:

temisturk
12-07-2011, 09:32 PM
OK, I'll see if I can reproduce it...

---

EDIT: yes, I can reproduce it...

Tested on Opera 11.00
Logged out of FST and cleared cookies. [There were cookies still there even though the log out message said they were cleared, so I manually deleted them to be certain.]
Logged back in. Style at this point is FST
Changed style to Mobile
Upon saving, page displayed:
We are sorry, this content is not supported via the mobile style.
Click Here to go to the Forum Homepage. ( http://filesharingtalk.com/forum.php )
Log Out
Full Site ( the address of which was http://filesharingtalk.com/forum/?styleid=49 )

Clicking Full Site actually resulted in: http://filesharingtalk.com/profile.php?do=editoptions&styleid=-1

Which would have enabled me to reset the style

However, at the time I didn't click that immediately because I wasn't aware I was in trouble. I clicked on the Forum Homepage link, and looked around the site a bit.

Then, when I'd worked out the style wasn't for me, I clicked the http://filesharingtalk.com/mobile.php?do=gridmenu link in the top right hand corner, expecting that to take me back to the settings. Obviously, it didn't.

Then I clicked the Full Site link, and this time it took me to http://filesharingtalk.com/members/277881-temisturk?styleid=-1
ie. my profile page. It displayed in the FST style, but that's not the page you can change things on. I then clicked on the Settings link in the top right hand corner ( http://filesharingtalk.com/usercp.php ) but that just gave me

We are sorry, this content is not supported via the mobile style.
Click Here to go to the Forum Homepage.
Log Out
Full Site (which now pointed to http://filesharingtalk.com/forum/?styleid=49 )

But clicking Full Site actually took me to http://filesharingtalk.com/usercp.php?styleid=-1
At which point I was back to * and basically there was no link anywhere I could click on that would get me out.

That's when I decided to try to manually build a url to take me to the settings page with the style override. I figured out what I needed was probably: http://filesharingtalk.com/usercp.php?styleid=49

I tried that, and it worked. :)

Anyway, I've just done it and yes, it's reproducible. I hope that's helpful.

[Oh yeah, one other thing which is probably unrelated but might be worth mentioning: when I stuck I tried creating a new thread to ask for help but it wouldn't let me. That's why I had to reply here and hope that someone noticed.]

tesco
12-07-2011, 11:07 PM
I think you probably found a vbulletin bug, I'm sure if you used the full site link on any normal forum page like the forum home or viewing a thread it would have worked. I'll have to look into that, and also new thread in mobile style, but that might not be supported because vbulletin wants people to buy the full style.

temisturk
12-07-2011, 11:36 PM
OK. As I say, its all good for me now. Thanks. But if you want me to try something out let me know.

EDIT. Hey, here's a suggestion. I'd like some way to filter out the trading threads from the getdaily view. I've no interest in them and they make up about half the active threads. Being able to hide them would make it easier for me to see the sort of threads I might actually be interested in.

tesco
12-08-2011, 11:38 PM
OK. As I say, its all good for me now. Thanks. But if you want me to try something out let me know.

EDIT. Hey, here's a suggestion. I'd like some way to filter out the trading threads from the getdaily view. I've no interest in them and they make up about half the active threads. Being able to hide them would make it easier for me to see the sort of threads I might actually be interested in.http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/118966-Quick-Tip-Excluding-forums-from-New-Posts-list?highlight=new+posts+exclude
It's a much requested feature, so I've stickied the thread. I'm going to work on updating it a bit since its outdated now...

temisturk
12-08-2011, 11:51 PM
Oh, that's great. Sorry, I should have searched a bit more. I'll take a look through all those stickies now.

tesco
12-09-2011, 12:01 AM
Oh, that's great. Sorry, I should have searched a bit more. I'll take a look through all those stickies now.Rewritten, and made into article: http://filesharingtalk.com/content/1527-Quick-Tip-Excluding-forums-from-New-Posts-list

Cheese
12-10-2011, 05:00 PM
What is FST Missing?

Myself

iLOVENZB
12-13-2011, 12:19 AM
What is FST Missing?

Myself

Sorry, for us late bloomers, who might you be?

Anyways, I'm starting to miss J-dyre

mjmacky
12-13-2011, 12:31 AM
Anyways, I'm starting to miss J-dyre

He's still around, or haven't you noticed?

manker
12-17-2011, 07:55 PM
There are 2 members and 101 guests viewing the lounge at the moment.
I posted a pic of my beard earlier.

If those guests had to sign up before they saw my coiffured chin, I'm sure they would.
Once the signing up is done, they may actually decide to post a pic of their beards, or their pants or even their tits.
In which case, everyone wins.

Please to be making it so that you have to sign up before you can see attachments.

mjmacky
12-18-2011, 12:12 AM
Please to be making it so that you have to sign up before you can see attachments.

Oh shit, I didn't know you were working your way to making a great point/recommendation. Good job on that one.

100%
12-19-2011, 09:26 PM
It took me ages to delete the swan image, is it me or is it really difficult to delete linked images?

Thanks megabyte, and manker lives?

What FST needs is someone to invent a new filesharing method so we can start a corresponding new section.
Since the BT drama is nowhere to be seen lately, we need new methods.

Ok will work on it.

manker
12-20-2011, 12:28 AM
Yes, I breathed life into manker's rotting interweb cadaver only last month.

Hai, zed :wave:

sprkx6
01-24-2012, 12:31 AM
IRC channel? It's always fun chatting live with fellow FST members

anon
01-24-2012, 01:17 AM

I've seen the idea of an FST IRC channel discussed a few times since I registered here. The interest was always enough for it to stay on its current status.

IdolEyes787
01-25-2012, 12:07 AM

Since you've never actually done it I think that a large presumption.

Snee
01-25-2012, 08:30 PM
A reason to live :emo:

Artemis
02-04-2012, 09:28 AM
It's missing my favorite troll, the autistic virgin.

100%
02-04-2012, 09:20 PM
A scapegoat, an hero, and a story of love.

anon-y-mouse
02-07-2012, 07:45 PM
there is a irc channel for here on efnet

#filesharingtalk

IdolEyes787
02-07-2012, 11:34 PM
A reason to live :emo:

A scapegoat, an hero, and a story of love.

I seem to be shooting a little low as all I was hoping for was a dessert cart.