PDA

View Full Version : Turning my head towards Ratio Free Tracker

absent_today
12-04-2011, 04:59 AM
Since i don't have good upload speed maintaining ratio without seedbox gets difficult and after using BTN I'm quite happy with ratio free trackers and would like to move to ratio free trackers with some of ratio trackers specially SCC [How can i forget the awesome Archive section there] any recommendation for all contents for TV its BTN , Movies , Games ?

LazyGuy
12-04-2011, 05:48 AM
The only Ratio Free trackers i can shoot off my mind are
PTN (movie Content)
GFT(General)
PWNnetwork(games)
AlphaOmega(general)
BCG(Games)
PreToMe(General)
Demonoid(Superb-General)
RuTracker(Superb-General)
Filelist(If you DL only>4GB)

But the inherent Problem with all ratio Free trackers is Retention
Any content older than 18 months will be desperately struggling with seeders
this is very evident on PTN,BTN,GFT,PWNnetwork,and SCC(archive section doesn't have good retention)

whereas the exceptions are FLRO,BCG,RuTracker
as these trackers are what i call Semi-RatioFree and don't try to be L33T and "Not-Available" to general userbase

And so these are the trackers i will recommend to anyone
For Games BCG and RuTracker
For Movies FLRO and RuTracker (and usenet if you have a premium connection)
For TV i guess BTN is still the way to go

i guess that you are asking the same questions over and over again expecting someone to give you a different answer
but anyone here will confirm my answer

do you know the definition of insanity? ;)
take it easy

anon
12-04-2011, 05:53 AM
would like to move to ratio free trackers with some of ratio trackers

I don't understand this. I'm assuming you'd like to use both kinds of trackers with a preference for ratio-free ones, given your slow upload speed?

Anyway, for games BCG has the SP system, and movies, PTN is the only one that comes to my mind right now. If you also want a general tracker, Pretome and Zamunda demand just seeding time and absolutely nothing from you, respectively.

LazyGuy
12-04-2011, 06:06 AM
would like to move to ratio free trackers with some of ratio trackers

I don't understand this. I'm assuming you'd like to use both kinds of trackers with a preference for ratio-free ones, given your slow upload speed?

Anyway, for games BCG has the SP system, and movies, PTN is the only one that comes to my mind right now. If you also want a general tracker, Pretome and Zamunda demand just seeding time and absolutely nothing from you, respectively.
PreToMe and PTN is a good tracker but its retention leaves a lot to be desired
And Zamunda isn't accessible to people outside Bulgaria(or wherever it is based) unless you use some proxies
But BCG is always a great choice and OP is in BCG judging from his signature

anon
12-04-2011, 06:32 AM
And Zamunda isn't accessible to people outside Bulgaria(or wherever it is based) unless you use some proxies

True.

But BCG is always a great choice and OP is in BCG judging from his signature

Said signature seems to be mysteriously gone...

karachidude
12-04-2011, 09:54 AM
gft is a pretty good general tracker,the best that i know off,let me know if u want in and if ur actually gonna use :happy:

antipod
12-04-2011, 02:04 PM
gft is a pretty good general tracker,the best that i know off,let me know if u want in and if ur actually gonna use :happy:

I would actually like to get in GFT, and I'd be a regular user. What do I need to do?

LazyGuy
12-04-2011, 03:48 PM

I would actually like to get in GFT, and I'd be a regular user. What do I need to do?
i guess you'd need to be a regular user here in FST and make some decent posts to gain his trust:)
FYI
please don't hijack/derail threads it comes off as being impolite to OP
just a friendly pointer
peace

anon
12-04-2011, 06:07 PM
FYI
just a friendly pointer
peace

I can't believe you've been here since February and ask people not to derail threads :happy:

LazyGuy
12-04-2011, 06:39 PM
FYI
just a friendly pointer
peace

I can't believe you've been here since February and ask people not to derail threads :happy:
it is never too late to be aspiring for a change
isn't it?

absent_today
12-07-2011, 01:41 AM
Only thing which i hate on Ratio Free trackers is lack of seeders but this case do not apply for BTN where there are lots of seeders.I have seen GFT seeders die quickly within a day after the release

megabyteme
12-07-2011, 02:20 AM
Why not focus on easy-to-seed trackers like IPT? I'm sure there are some relatively easy ones for content niches, too.

user_
12-07-2011, 03:57 PM
I agree with using a larger, easy to seed tracker. Otherwise you would be a leech but only your upload would count. You could share more appropriately in line with your connection on an easy to seed site. But maybe you're just fishing for an invite to one of the ratio free trackers as they are more selective.

absent_today
12-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Not fishing for invite otherwise I would have open the thread already(you can check my post history) seems like ill have to stick.to.my current trackers since ratio free trackers does have some seeders issue for old torrents

1000possibleclaws
12-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Well FTN is hands down the best in terms of filtered 0day down to the mainstream interests, but if you are already using BTN for TV shows, you would be just as good with Demonoid combined with AlphaOmega for whatever games, movies, etc you want.

AlphaOmega is pretty new so it's a feasible option for anymore including you. I love what they are doing, by sometimes opening signups and just in general building up a userbase from scratch. They are by no means guaranteed to become one of the best but they are moving in that direction, which is more than can be said with most small no-ratio sites. Doesn't have the greatest retention but since its for 0day use that doesn't matter.

So many new private sites don't understand that it takes years to get the success of top sites like FTN, and there is no quick-fix to get there. Trying to invite 'successful' members and pick and choose your userbase from the beginning is a road to stagnation. That's why I would not recommend alot of the ratio-free sites, such as PTN, Coexist, or the many others I've never heard of. Waste of time when you can get more selection at a faster speed even at Demonoid, where there is no seed time either.