PDA

View Full Version : Netzero Hi-speed

twisterX
11-13-2003, 11:50 PM
Im not sure if netzero hi speed really works and makes it faster. Does andone have it and could tell me if it is faster that the normal dial up isps.

Mr. Blunt
11-13-2003, 11:54 PM
Did you try looking at the NetZero website?

http://www.netzero.net/signup/faqs-accel.html

I used the Earthlink accelerator, which is exactly the same program just a different name. I didn't see a big difference in webpage loading. The only problem that i had with it is how it worked with Yahoo! Messenger. Sometimes i would never get messages that were sent to me. I would either never get them, or get them a couple of minutes after they were sent to me.

twisterX
11-13-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Blunt@13 November 2003 - 23:54
Did you try looking at the NetZero website?

http://www.netzero.net/signup/faqs-accel.html
looked there.

Cant trust anything before trying it.

TheFilePirater
11-14-2003, 12:48 AM
can you really get high-speed with dail-up?? ;)

Mr. Blunt
11-14-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by TheFilePirater@13 November 2003 - 16:48
can you really get high-speed with dail-up?? ;)
Well I don't think they mean your going to get high-speed on dial-up. It's just the name.

This accelerator is basically just one big ass cache. The longer you surf, the more images and pages you have stored on your computer, the faster those images and pages are given to you.

Busyman
11-14-2003, 01:59 AM
And it doesn't speed up multimedia at-all.

Rip The Jacker
11-14-2003, 05:59 AM
That Netzero Hi-Speed is pure crap. It makes website loading faster (that's what they say anyway), but has no effect on downloading (with K-Lite, mIRC, etc.). I think they give you a proxy to use that speeds up website load times a bit, but what's the point if your downloads are still gonna be slow?

DarkReality
11-14-2003, 01:28 PM
They pipe all your page requests through an ultra high speed server guaranteeing they load the fastest they possibly could, BUT you will never get more than 56K. That is a hardware limit that cannot be exceeded. NetZero is not Neo. ;)