PDA

View Full Version : Navigating RUtracker

zootman
12-07-2011, 12:19 AM
Right, after heeding various forum posts here, I signed up to RUtracker. Now as you most likely know; it's in Russian. Google translate does an alright job of translating the homepage but that all goes to shit as soon as I try to log in.

Anyone else experienced this problem and found a way round it? (For those reading this: I know some have had this problem - but the supposed solutions were shite and impractical).

I'm hoping I have more luck here than I did with google...

IdolEyes787
12-07-2011, 12:25 AM
If you use chrome browser the page will auto translate for you.

antipod
12-07-2011, 12:30 AM
I don't belong to RUtracker, but I know what you mean about what happens once logged in. What I do at other foreign language sites is just select the text I want translated and use Google Translate to just translate the selection instead of the whole page. This way I can still have parts of the page translated once logged in. Time consuming, but I don't know any other alternative.

anon
12-07-2011, 01:04 AM
I think Yahoo's Babelfish will translate the site even after you log in.

zootman
12-07-2011, 01:39 AM
...What I do at other foreign language sites is just select the text I want translated and use Google Translate to just translate the selection instead of the whole page. This way I can still have parts of the page translated once logged in.

This is exactly what I meant by 'impractical'.

Anon: Yahoo's Babelfish doesn't seem to be having any of it. It just reverts back to the home page after trying to log in.

IdleEyes: Yeah I think that's really gonna be my only option - but I've heard Chrome is full of spyware, admittedly I don't remember where I heard/read that but at the time I must've thought the source reliable enough to commit it to memory....so......do I need a little push? Is it as bad as I've heard?

anon
12-07-2011, 01:56 AM
IdleEyes: Yeah I think that's really gonna be my only option - but I've heard Chrome is full of spyware, admittedly I don't remember where I heard/read that but at the time I must've thought the source reliable enough to commit it to memory....so......do I need a little push? Is it as bad as I've heard?

Turn all the "spy" stuff off in the settings and you're pretty much alright. There's a fork (SRWare Iron) that removes them directly from the code, although I don't know if inline translation will work on it.

LazyGuy
12-07-2011, 05:37 AM

Turn all the "spy" stuff off in the settings and you're pretty much alright. There's a fork (SRWare Iron) that removes them directly from the code, although I don't know if inline translation will work on it.
well it does work
everything that works on Chrome works on Iron
only the Instant Search from the URL Bar is taken off

megabyteme
12-07-2011, 07:16 AM
I recently installed FoxLingo for Firefox, and I find it to be quite good. There is a slight bit of uncertainty when creating an account on RUtracker, but I'm sure it won't take much guessing to get it figured out. All in all, I'd give the add-on an 8.5/10. Recommended.

anon
12-07-2011, 01:02 PM
well it does work
everything that works on Chrome works on Iron
only the Instant Search from the URL Bar is taken off

Thanks for the info.

There is a slight bit of uncertainty when creating an account on RUtracker, but I'm sure it won't take much guessing to get it figured out.

The only hiccup I remember when registering was having to wait until nighttime... because they still had that policy of only opening during a certain time of the day in Moscow! :P

All in all, I'd give the add-on an 8.5/10. Recommended.

Is it in 720p?

Funkin'
12-07-2011, 01:30 PM
If all you're wanting is something simple to help you navigate the site(which I really don't see the point of, you type what you want in the search box and hit Enter, do you want to read the forums or something?) then there's a nice script (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/111819) you can use. Install it then just select whatever text. It's really fast.

n00bz0r
12-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Or you could simply install chrome to browse RUTracker (As Idoleyes already said). It works like a charm and justifies having it installed on the PC.

user_
12-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Even with the ability to translate the site, I've found it to be sprawling and unnavigable.

whatcdfan
12-07-2011, 04:56 PM
If all you're wanting is something simple to help you navigate the site(which I really don't see the point of, you type what you want in the search box and hit Enter, do you want to read the forums or something?) then there's a nice script (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/111819) you can use. Install it then just select whatever text. It's really fast.

Although I've been on Rutracker for some two years now, I can easily navigate through without any hassle. Lately I've started using inrap.ru and google translate doesn't seem to work with it. I find it useful, thank you Funkin'

megabyteme
12-07-2011, 11:58 PM
All in all, I'd give the add-on an 8.5/10. Recommended.

Is it in 720p?

No, but the sound is in DTS. :D

Evelyn
12-09-2011, 10:53 PM
+1
i tried evety alternate ways but chrome does the work flawlessly without any issues.

streetrider
05-19-2012, 07:08 PM

A+++++

Thank you, IdolEyes. No hassles navigating through RUtracker with Google chrome. Thanks, once again for this info.

DeadPoet
05-19-2012, 07:56 PM
There is no need for translator. Just write whatever you want to find in search box and hit поиск (like Funkin' mentioned already).

Other option - learn the fucking language.

mjmacky
05-20-2012, 07:43 AM
I learned Russian, but I decided I severely dislike it since all the women sound so damn whiny.