PDA

View Full Version : Does XsNews Ipv6 not working anymore ?

Stabber
12-08-2011, 01:01 PM
I just tried to login with my details after sometime and it seems that it doesn't connect .

Yes i am using a ipv6 tunnel from gogonet but it doesn't login , i get a check your connection or firewall message

zot
12-08-2011, 01:33 PM
I don't have it set up. Maybe the server is straining from the recent flood the Just4Today refugees. :D

Can you post your log file?

Stabber
12-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Where can i find it ? I'm using newsbin atm .<br><br>Is it possible that i would have to edit the firewall of my router in order to fix it ?

PS it's working with sabnzbd but not with newsbin , when i try to install newsbin and enter my details i get check your firewall message. it's weird , maybe the newer version has some bugs or something because i remember the old one to be working fine

zot
12-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Maybe you should change the title to "Newsbin Blocked by my Firewall?"

It would help if you gave more information. ... Is this your first time running this client? Is your copy of Newsbin registered or cracked copy? Does it work on other servers?

Also, can we assume that you might know how to properly set up your (software) firewall to accept newly installed/updated applications?

JustDOSE
12-09-2011, 10:10 PM
http://www.xsnews.com/Home/ has been shutdown for awhile.........

zot
12-09-2011, 11:35 PM
^^ I noticed long ago that some of the pages and images on XSnews site only appear when using a Dutch or German IP address, and are different (or blanked out) when behind a US IP.

But that's another issue entirely. I'm wondering if Stabber ever fixed his firewall permissions and got Newsbin working, since he never came back.

Stabber
12-10-2011, 12:28 AM
Hi again ,

With newsbin i can't get it to work but with usenet explorer and sabnzbd it works fine .

I'm using version 6.20 and it is registered , it is the first time i run it after the format i made .

Don't know why it isn't working with newsbin pro

B18C5
12-10-2011, 01:05 AM
What's the actual address you're entering for the server?

Jerking with this, I couldn't get Newsbin to resolve DNS but, when I put the actual IPV6 address in it worked. You could try that.

nslookup <server address>

2001:888:0:18::119

Find the address that looks like this on the results and use that in place of the named address.

Stabber
12-10-2011, 03:34 PM
What's the actual address you're entering for the server?

Jerking with this, I couldn't get Newsbin to resolve DNS but, when I put the actual IPV6 address in it worked. You could try that.

nslookup <server address>

2001:888:0:18::119

Find the address that looks like this on the results and use that in place of the named address.

Since it's working with usenet explorer i will stick with it , this client has never let me down . It's a great piece of software but i will try your suggestion to see if it works with newsbin

zot
12-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Did you change any of your hardware?

The fact that it worked before but not now after a re-build makes me wonder if it might have something to do with Newsbin's DRM, especially considering that non-DRM news clients like Usenet Explorer and SABnzbd work for you.

I believe that Newsbin's DRM will scan your computer's hardware profile to make sure it matches the original scan that gets saved on Newsbin's central DRM-verification server.

Just a guess.

Stabber
12-10-2011, 04:36 PM
I changed just the OS , i will try again to install newsbin pro and the xsnews server .

zot
12-11-2011, 03:36 AM
Maybe try it with a free (IP v4) server like XSusenet first?

B18C5
12-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Newsbin 6.21 is in the forum. One of the fixes listed is an IPV6 DNS fix.

Stabber
05-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Can anyone confirm if xsnews ipv6 is working or not ?

I can't download anything today