PDA

View Full Version : An App for chavis

NotLettingItGo
12-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Hi chavis,

Obviously you missed out when younger, so this kindly old grandma has written an app especially for you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-16101311

manker
12-09-2011, 11:41 AM
She's just filling in time until she dies. No one will care.

Now if she'd decided to design an app which improves the grammar of the twitterati and forum regulars and anyone who texts me, bastions of the good fight would sit up and immediately take notice.
Grammar > etiquette.

NotLettingItGo
12-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Dewd.

Spelling > Grammar > Etiquette.

manker
12-09-2011, 12:00 PM
Yeah, she should tewtally make an app for spelling ... WHOA wtf are these curly red lines under my words.

NotLettingItGo
12-09-2011, 12:10 PM
As opposed to the curly green ones Microsoft undoubtedly fills your reports with, you mean? :P

manker
12-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Am I to understand that Microsoft have implemented some kind of grammatical auto-correct. I literally had no idea.
How fantastic for those who need it.

Now if only that old lady could design an app for it which would go on phones and browsers as standard. No, fuck that. As a matter of law.

NotLettingItGo
12-09-2011, 03:56 PM
As a man who doesn't take offence... indeed a man whom it's virtually impossible to offend... why would you give any kind of fuck about the grammar of others?

manker
12-09-2011, 04:30 PM
As a man who doesn't take offence... indeed a man whom it's virtually impossible to offend... why would you give any kind of fuck about the grammar of others?You're confusing not taking offence to a situation with apathy toward it.
It's okay. I can totally see where you're coming from.

No, wait. They're two different things entirely. I can't see why you'd get that so wrong.

Btw, you're using ellipses as parenthesis again. Ew.

NotLettingItGo
12-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Btw, you're using ellipses as parenthesis again. Ew.

They're non offensive ellipses though... so I'm sure you don't mind :P

manker
12-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Tell that to my retinae.
Apostrophe abuse is the worst but I find an incongruous ellipsis can also induce ocular haematoma.

NotLettingItGo
12-09-2011, 05:00 PM
I can't, the ocular haematoma is obscuring your retinas ability to see my words, but I'll give it a break until you stop seeing red about it.

NotLettingItGo
12-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Anyway, back on topic.

chavis old chap, have you had a look? It could be just what you need, and you can create a special bear all of your own called cunty bear to represent the uncouth yob you represent yourself as now.

chalice
12-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Anyway, back on topic.

chavis old chap, have you had a look? It could be just what you need, and you can create a special bear all of your own called cunty bear to represent the uncouth yob you represent yourself as now.

I know all about etiquette. I just choose not to use it.

Etiquette isn't funny unless it's done wrong.