PDA

View Full Version : BD25 Remux VS BD50 1080p Encode

Pitch7
12-10-2011, 12:39 PM
I tried to compare (BD25 Remux VS BD50 1080p Encode) which one would result a better quality, but i couldn't imagine it.

(Remux means: untouched video in .mkv format)

So does anyone know, or guess, which one would be better?

Thanks.

ElitUser
12-10-2011, 01:04 PM
I am not the expert on video quality but if the BD50 has bigger file size then the BD25 and as it is 1080p ( BD50 ) then I think both has the almost same video quality.

mjmacky
12-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Encodes can be virtually transparent, thus hard to tell. "BD25" remux means all the extras were taken out to cut down on total filesize (enough to fit on the smaller capacity disc). Since you can't tell the difference in quality, why not just go for the one that's smaller or easier to download?

Pitch7
12-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Encodes can be virtually transparent, thus hard to tell. "BD25" remux means all the extras were taken out to cut down on total filesize (enough to fit on the smaller capacity disc). Since you can't tell the difference in quality, why not just go for the one that's smaller or easier to download?

Assume they are the same size, which one then? :P

mjmacky
12-10-2011, 03:04 PM

Then just grab the remux. From what you described, they shouldn't be around the same size. Either you have no idea what you're talking about, or the encoder is practicing exercises of redundancy.

kukushka
12-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Either you have no idea what you're talking about
this

mjmacky
12-10-2011, 03:58 PM
i have ideas what i am talking about but cannot put it into a certificate

Wow good one jdye, for a second there I confused with with pitch.

Pitch7
12-10-2011, 11:21 PM

Then just grab the remux. From what you described, they shouldn't be around the same size. Either you have no idea what you're talking about, or the encoder is practicing exercises of redundancy.

Either you have no idea what you're talking about
this

I'm talking about 2 different sources of the same movie assuming they have proportional picture quality.

For example;
I downloaded "Drive 2011 Blu-ray 1080p AVC DTS-HD 5.1- HDCLUB" (14.8 GB) (R5 Bluray)

When I muxed it to .mkv and removed the Russian audio; it became 11.5 GB.

So; IF in a different region (lets say US) a BD50 bluray version gets released with better quality, and if a 1080p encode is made of that with 11-12 GB size...

What would be a better choice to download, the BD25 Remux or the BD50 encode?

mjmacky
12-11-2011, 11:49 AM
When I muxed it to .mkv and removed the Russian audio; it became 11.5 GB.

So; IF in a different region (lets say US) a BD50 bluray version gets released with better quality, and if a 1080p encode is made of that with 11-12 GB size...

That's unusually small for a remux. In fact most transparent 1080p encodes are bigger than that. Most bluray video streams I've seen are around 20 GB. I've only seen one region C and it wasn't small either.

Are you still trying to ask me to tell you which one to snatch? If so, how about neither, find a better movie.

antipod
12-12-2011, 01:41 PM
What's your definition of a better movie? And what's wrong with Drive? It's got a 93 percent tomatometer rating and 8.2/10 at IMDB. Which means that critics AND audiences both like it. Or is it that no one else's opinion is supposed to matter but yours?

mjmacky
12-12-2011, 04:55 PM
It's got a 93 percent tomatometer rating and 8.2/10 at IMDB. Which means that critics AND audiences both like it. Or is it that no one else's opinion is supposed to matter but yours?

Right, since I should follow what everyone else seems to like. You might not know what it feels like to be intellectually insulted, but it's the sentiment that keeps me from enjoying most movies and shows. You're thinking I should be praising Phone Booth as a good movie, and perhaps I should start watching American Idol as well. No, no one else's opinion really matters for personal entertainment. Did you learn something? Probably not.

antipod
12-12-2011, 06:16 PM
It's got a 93 percent tomatometer rating and 8.2/10 at IMDB. Which means that critics AND audiences both like it. Or is it that no one else's opinion is supposed to matter but yours?

No, no one else's opinion really matters for personal entertainment. Did you learn something? Probably not.

What I did learn is that to you no one else's opinion should matter for your personal entertainment. I have no argument with that. But what I disagree with is that you think your opinion should matter for someone else's personal entertainment. Why else would you subject your opinions about a particular movie on Pitch7 when he was asking about which encode to download?

IdolEyes787
12-12-2011, 06:44 PM
No, no one else's opinion really matters for personal entertainment. Did you learn something? Probably not.

What I did learn is that to you no one else's opinion should matter for your personal entertainment. I have no argument with that. But what I disagree with is that you think your opinion should matter for someone else's personal entertainment.

Sorry I don't see the correlation as I fail to see where mjmacky has suggested that anything he writes is an attempt to entertain others.

A forum is someplace to express one's views.If you have a problem with the fact that some of those views you may not be entirely to your liking then you really should see if there is a local Fascist Party branch that you could volunteer at .

mjmacky
12-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Why else would you subject your opinions about a particular movie on Pitch7 when he was asking about which encode to download?

Because he asked me which one he should get. In typical human interactions involving communications, an inquirer would be eliciting an opinion from the responder. If someone asked me if they should switch tobacco brands or quit smoking, I'd tell them to roll their own and recommend a blend. If someone asked me which sex position they should try next, spooning or the piledriver, I'd tell them the flatiron.

Sorry I don't see the correlation as I fail to see where mjmacky has suggested that anything he writes is an attempt to entertain others.

I sometimes enjoy giving helpful advice, regardless of who it is (since it's a forum and there could be collateral aid). However, once I realized what it was for, I abandoned interest. The one constant is that anything I type is self-serving, so you pretty much nailed it there.

A forum is someplace to express one's views.If you have a problem with the fact that some of those views you may not be entirely to your liking then you really should see if there is a local Fascist Party branch that you could volunteer at .

Or he could aim to become a moderator, the roles overlap.

antipod
12-12-2011, 07:47 PM
You have a great sense of humour, mjmacky. We'd all do well to follow your lead.

mjmacky
12-12-2011, 07:57 PM
You have a great sense of humour, mjmacky. We'd all do well to follow your lead.

I know I have myself laughing or at least smiling all the time. I'm the funniest fucker here. I may also be the most egotistical.

Pitch7
12-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Because he asked me which one he should get.

Nope, I didn't. There isn't even a BD50 source out. And since i told that i remuxed from BD25, i've already downloaded it, since you can't remux without downloading :P ...

Btw; I watched the Drive movie, its not bad, but i must admit that it doesn't deserve all the hype, today I'll hopefully give a go to "Warrior", many people say yet its the best movie of the year, i wonder if its also hyped or not ...

Wolves
12-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Well to get back on topic, ASSUMING they are the same size (which is highly unlikely), i will have to pick the BD50 encode just because of the higher quality source. Realistically speaking, there will minimal difference in quality.

mjmacky
12-15-2011, 01:38 PM
Because he asked me which one he should get.

Nope, I didn't. There isn't even a BD50 source out. And since i told that i remuxed from BD25, i've already downloaded it, since you can't remux without downloading :P ...

I must have missed something when you said:

I may have stopped reading everything else you posted afterwards, since all your parameters keep switching. I'm leaning towards you not having full grasp of your own conversation.

Pitch7
12-15-2011, 01:59 PM

I must have missed something when you said:

I may have stopped reading everything else you posted afterwards, since all your parameters keep switching. I'm leaning towards you not having full grasp of your own conversation.

It doesn't say for any specific movie, it was a general question. :P

mjmacky
12-15-2011, 02:14 PM

Well if you want to turn it into a general question, then my answer would be a 720p encode.

Pitch7
12-15-2011, 03:04 PM

Well if you want to turn it into a general question, then my answer would be a 720p encode.

I don't want to turn it into anything else, its already meant to be that way. And 720p is a great answer for "BD25 Remux VS BD50 1080p Encode" question. :P