PDA

View Full Version : New tracker open for sign-up sticky

anigav
12-12-2011, 07:40 PM
There is a sticky for BitTorrent Sites Open for Signup at:

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/298326-BitTorrent-Sites-Open-for-Signup

However, this sticky is most of the times spammed by promotion of newly launched trackers.:huh:

I would like to suggest that there could be a sticky for new trackers open for sign-up. This could be the place for trackers less than xxx/xxxx members. This xxx number to be decided by the esteemed members of this forum.:naughty:

anon
12-12-2011, 08:19 PM
If people spam new trackers they should be dealt with, instead of making a separate thread just for them.

mjmacky
12-13-2011, 12:27 AM
I thought he was labeling all the different trackers posting signups as collective spam, rather than saying there are repeat posts for the same site. I never venture into that thread so I might be lacking a perspective here.

anon
12-13-2011, 02:23 AM
You're correct, that's more or less how it is on the thread. But as far as I know people weren't allowed to do things like posting the same tracker every day. At least a few warnings got handed out for that...

anigav
12-13-2011, 02:32 AM
My understanding about the thread - its meant for trackers that are normally invite only. Its like finding a deal in the market and notifying others.

There are people like LightOnTheLedge, who are doing excellent job in finding such deals and making others aware.

Then there are shameless self advertizes, who are repeatedly posting about their trackers, like seedforspeed.net, iTorrent.tv and so on.

http://walkman.ro/members.php?action=reg

Fourteen torrents?

Er... could I have my 2 minutes back?

My suggestion is to give a separate space to these self advert and newly launched trackers. In short keep them away from this thread.

Cabalo
12-13-2011, 06:44 AM
I understand where you are coming from, and I do totally agree with you.
It has been discussed by staff here ways to better promote such sites, and yet we haven't reached a conclusion.

You have my word we will devote our best efforts to come up with a better solution in a short term.