PDA

View Full Version : Is it my imagination?

Squeamous
12-13-2011, 05:48 PM
Ever since we outed Mary as being 4 toothpicks short of a box of 250, he doesn't seem, well, himself. It's almost as if he's become confused and frightened of the world. The problem used to lie with everyone else, didn't it Macky? Now you're just Oleg with a chemistry set :console:

mjmacky
12-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Ever since we outed Mary as being 4 toothpicks short of a box of 250, he doesn't seem, well, himself. It's almost as if he's become confused and frightened of the world. The problem used to lie with everyone else, didn't it Macky? Now you're just Oleg with a chemistry set :console:

Since you've been away, I've admitted to counting little green fuzzy things with sticky feet.

manker
12-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Ever since we outed Mary as being 4 toothpicks short of a box of 250, he doesn't seem, well, himself. It's almost as if he's become confused and frightened of the world. The problem used to lie with everyone else, didn't it Macky? Now you're just Oleg with a chemistry set :console:That was totally the royal we.

But yes. I agree, she's become persnickerty and guarded. The wild abandon of yesterweek she used to post with seems almost like a dream.

mjmacky
12-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Can you post videos instead of pics? My memory of Rainman is actually a bit too distant for me to play along. I normally would have watched it again to pick up the references but you see, Tom Cruise is in it... so yeah.

mjmacky
12-13-2011, 07:52 PM
To assist, these are the things I remember:

He says "definitely" repeatedly

Quarterquack
12-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Jacky, if you love k-mart so fucking much, just go work in their fertilizer department. :dry:

Quarterquack
12-13-2011, 07:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtmVMrAUcR8

Hans Zimmer at his best.

mjmacky
12-13-2011, 08:07 PM
Ummm... this movie sucks.

Edit: I went and saw some other clips. It's been over 20 years since I've seen this, but I thought this was supposed to be some Oscar winner of sorts. It's rubbish and cheap feeling. This changes everything, what is wrong with you people?

IdolEyes787
12-13-2011, 09:29 PM

Edit: I went and saw some other clips. It's been over 20 years since I've seen this, but I thought this was supposed to be some Oscar winner of sorts. It's rubbish and cheap feeling. This changes everything, what is wrong with you people?

It's only shite ,lacking in any true emotion ,manipulative and assumes it's audience to be a bunch of slack-jawed dimwits that need to be spoon-fed everything if you compare it to anything good.Otherwise if rawks.
If you exclude Van Damme best movie retard ever if you ask me.

manker
12-13-2011, 10:46 PM
Mary's opinion of the movie is invalid for obvious reasons, and I can't take anything Idol says seriously when his attempt at spacebar/punctuation co-ordination appears to be deliberately mocking me.

The ten year old me found this movie to be pretty good. Especially the bit where Rainman goes nuts when someone touched his ear. The bit about underwear also made me lol iirc.

IdolEyes787
12-14-2011, 12:18 AM
Mary's opinion of the movie is invalid for obvious reasons, and I can't take anything Idol says seriously when his attempt at spacebar/punctuation co-ordination appears to be deliberately mocking me.

I prefer to think of them as grammatical adventures .:)

The ten year old me found this movie to be pretty good.
I think I said that already.:unsure:

.........manipulative and assumes it's audience to be a bunch of slack-jawed dimwits that need to be spoon-fed everything

Quarterquack
12-14-2011, 12:29 AM

I'll say! I watched over 15 hours of Melies material over the past week. Suddenly, I love Michael Bay. I know how you feel, bro.

manker
12-14-2011, 01:06 AM

The ten year old me found this movie to be pretty good.

.........manipulative and assumes it's audience to be a bunch of slack-jawed dimwits that need to be spoon-fed everythingSo you did.
I was distracted as one of your errant commas hit me in the eye.

Artemis
12-14-2011, 01:38 AM

.........manipulative and assumes it's audience to be a bunch of slack-jawed dimwits that need to be spoon-fed everythingSo you did.
I was distracted as one of your errant commas hit me in the eye.

You had better watch out then, IdolEyes in full fettle lops off whole chunks of diction, which may render you unconscious for an indeterminate period of time. He has alluded to his editor being on holiday but I think the editor committed suicide. Don't say I didn't warn you. :blink:

megabyteme
12-14-2011, 02:15 AM
In its current form, the movie sucks. However, if we were to take Idol's astute casting idea and place Van Dame in the role of Rainman, I would actually pay to watch it. Twice.

I would cast Samuel Jackson in Cruise's role, as it would be an even greater surprise that the two were actually brothers. And, SJ woulad backhand the freak when he started screaming on the airplane. Granted, the movie would be considerably shorter...

mjmacky
12-14-2011, 06:44 AM
I can't really give it a valid review not having seen the whole thing, but I can comment on what I saw.

This will hurt me to say it, since I pretty much love everything Hoffman does and can be quite defensive of him, but his portrayal in this role seemed a bit contrived. Maybe it's not like that during the entire length of the film, but from each clip I saw he seems to be forcing quirks of retardation and exaggerated savant abilities lest we forget he has autism.

The other thing I realized is that it's one of those "Tom Cruise is a dick, but he can grow as a person within the length of a film, and eventually show a depth of character" that tries to convince you he's not a total tool anymore. He's done that in almost every fucking film (Maguire, Minority Report, and others, god I want to shoot myself). On top of that, he's a tool in real life, it's seriously overkill.

I like the idea of a Rain Man remake, let's make it Steven Seagal, Jean Claude, Samuel Jackson, and various others just curb stomping Tom Cruise. Then a whole bunch of retards come in and piss on him, Rain Man.

Quarterquack
12-14-2011, 08:42 AM
Barf.

Now you're just being overly cynical because some writer somewhere gave Cruise the chance to be in a model brotherly relationship within a 2 hour time span. :shifty:

mjmacky
12-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Barf.

Now you're just being overly cynical because some writer somewhere gave Cruise the chance to be in a model brotherly relationship within a 2 hour time span. :shifty:

Actually I meant to write that earlier, but I wanted to clear out new posts in the short amount of time available. Yes, and I utterly despise Cruise, I've boycotted anything he's been in for years now.

Squeamous
12-14-2011, 11:14 AM
That was totally the royal we.

But yes. I agree, she's become persnickerty and guarded. The wild abandon of yesterweek she used to post with seems almost like a dream.

Balls, don't play innocent now! It was a tag-team outing.
I want the old Mary back; the one who thought she was the dog's ballbag. The one who regaled us daily with amusing 1000 word monologues on the minutae of life. What have we got now? We've got a sulky little princess who refuses to play with with anyone. I wish I'd never opened my fat gob.

Can you post videos instead of pics? My memory of Rainman is actually a bit too distant for me to play along. I normally would have watched it again to pick up the references but you see, Tom Cruise is in it... so yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqbXPfaN_VM

Don't be so hard on yourself :console:

mjmacky
12-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Balls, don't play innocent now! It was a tag-team outing.
I want the old Mary back; the one who thought she was the dog's ballbag. The one who regaled us daily with amusing 1000 word monologues on the minutae of life. What have we got now? We've got a sulky little princess who refuses to play with with anyone. I wish I'd never opened my fat gob.

You quoted the wrong post, could lead to a confusing read. I was all ready to play the straight man here, but I can't help but give this movie the Apple treatment, I can't help it.

Squeamous
12-14-2011, 11:40 AM
You quoted the wrong post, could lead to a confusing read. I was all ready to play the straight man here, but I can't help but give this movie the Apple treatment, I can't help it.

Ooops, sorry! But why am I apologising to myself? Who knows!

Barbarossa
12-14-2011, 11:49 AM
Actually I meant to write that earlier, but I wanted to clear out new posts in the short amount of time available. Yes, and I utterly despise Cruise, I've boycotted anything he's been in for years now.

I'd still give Katie Holmes one :smilie4:

mjmacky
12-14-2011, 11:54 AM
Is this how she currently looks? I like the short hair on her.

IdolEyes787
12-14-2011, 12:26 PM
I would cast Samuel Jackson in Cruise's role, as it would be an even greater surprise that the two were actually brothers. And, SJ woulad backhand the freak when he started screaming on the airplane. Granted, the movie would be considerably shorter...

They could pad it out by having some snakes on the plane .For added drama just when everything seems to be under control have one of the passengers turn out to be a snake in disguise.
Then have Kurt Russell attempt a mid-air rescue .The hook is that Kurt is really terrified of snakes because of something horrible from his past ,probably Escape From L.A.

I'd also have Wesley Snipes on the plane as a security officer who is fleeing tax evasion charges but then I'm an auteur and the studio would probably insist on keeping the movie more mainstream.

Barbarossa
12-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Is this how she currently looks? I like the short hair on her.

I have no idea how she currently looks. That's how she looked when they were taking that photograph...

Squeamous
12-14-2011, 07:32 PM
:lol:

mjmacky
12-14-2011, 08:17 PM
I would not put my penis anywhere near the girl in this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=412MLauSSqc

Biggles
12-14-2011, 09:32 PM

Since you've been away, I've admitted to counting little green fuzzy things with sticky feet.

That isn't a crime now is it? :unsure:

I count most things....:dabs:

manker
12-14-2011, 09:40 PM

I count most things....:dabs:Speaking of which. Are you still counting beans?

I read about you getting a new job.
Belated congrats, btw :happy:

mjmacky
12-14-2011, 09:42 PM

I count most things....:dabs:

I guessed the right number and had to keep them, it was a crime.