PDA

View Full Version : [Request] SCC or PT

campodetenis
12-14-2011, 06:18 PM
I was told that SCC, PT and GFT have good FLAC scene selection, so here I am, looking for an invite.

Just for background, I've been a long time BT user and have activity in a few known trackers.

PM me if you need more info (proofs, etc.)

Burnsy
12-15-2011, 04:41 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/355531-SceneSound-enables-banned-countries-again!?p=3237752&viewfull=1#post3237752

Which country are you in? Might help if any prospective inviter is aware in case they lose their account... Only asking as I know SCC and GFT don't allow some countries

campodetenis
12-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Mexico. In that case was because they switched to an only nordic policies.

Thanks for the bump anyways!

anon
12-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Mexico. In that case was because they switched to an only nordic policies.

Are you sure it was a "Nordic only" policy? If I remember correctly, they just banned a lot of countries (mine included) under the pretense their members were causing trouble. Then they removed the ban.

SceneSound, I liked that place.

campodetenis
12-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Yeah, something like that. Previously to the closure of SoftMP3 (wich was a sad day for us), they announced a "Nordic only" policy due to piracy notices and bad users, as you said. But they let long time members to stay. Not long after, they closed the site and SceneSound emerged, with the same policy. After they removed the ban, my country was still banned, and after a couple of week trying to log in, I gave up.

campodetenis
12-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Time for my daily bump.

For those of you that don't remember, I'm the guy that got a Waffles invitation (when it was hard to get one) by bumpin every day, of every month of every year, so, as the good ol' chemical brothers said, Here we go! :whistling

Burnsy
12-16-2011, 09:55 PM
I don't remember, but am capable of readin post history, so was aware...

Remember, there are people on here who'd maybe have taken a bit of time to get to know you by watching what you post before risking their accounts by inviting you... but that last post certainly made me more determined to now ignore your request :lol:

IdolEyes787
12-17-2011, 12:12 AM
Time for my daily bump.

For those of you that don't remember, I'm the guy that got a Waffles invitation (when it was hard to get one) by bumpin every day, of every month of every year, so, as the good ol' chemical brothers said, Here we go! :whistling

Yes endlessly bumping a request thread while steadfastly refusing to add anything else to this site is certainly high on my list of how I decide to hand out my invites here.

campodetenis
12-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Yes endlessly bumping a request thread while steadfastly refusing to add anything else to this site is certainly high on my list of how I decide to hand out my invites here.

And I suppose thats the way you contribute!

Anyways (and before I get kicked or baned or anithing): bump!

DeadPoet
12-17-2011, 09:28 PM
I was told that SCC, PT and GFT have good FLAC scene selection, so here I am, looking for an invite.

You are lookin' for an invite to those sites only because someone told you so? Well, I'd recommend you some other trackers (more accurate and easier to get into) - rutracker and W&W.
Either way, joining SCC or PT for flacs is something like going to Bankok for a prostitute.

campodetenis
12-17-2011, 09:59 PM

You are lookin' for an invite to those sites only because someone told you so? Well, I'd recommend you some other trackers (more accurate and easier to get into) - rutracker and W&W.
Either way, joining SCC or PT for flacs is something like going to Bankok for a prostitute.

Is the "Flac scene" thingy for what I'm interested, not only the flacs (and I'm already member of the World Wresteling tracker!).

As for the Bankok statement, I'm not sure I follow. I know there are plenty of flac sites out there, and some are better than Bankok itself, I also know that there are very good scene trackers with great pre time. In fact, I'm a member of both kinds. It's the intersection of those in what I'm interested and, according with ppl in this forum (I took the liberty to ask in another post my dear Eyes, hope that my oportunism doesn't offend you), which I assume is well versed in the subject, SCC, PT or GFT are the places to go.

Campodetenis (**with violins in the background**):
"Once I was in lots of trackers doing lost of downloading and seeding and what not. Now I'm only member of a few, rarely grab anything other than music and, for insanity reasons, prefer scene releases. I'm too old and too busy to be quoting or spamming a forum just to climb the tracker ladder. This has worked for me in the past and I hope it works now. For four years this place has been a good place to come and get an invite just because, but hey, if it's too much hassle for top users to go and read every request and post on how innadecuate it is, I'll stop my bumping. I think I can bribe a good ol' friend who got me to E**** back in the day -just for introducing him to the torrenting world-, to go and pull some strings or extort somebody into an invite :happy:. "

DeadPoet
12-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Didn't saw "scene" word after FLAC, my bad. Though, you rarely see combination like that.
I noticed you have an open thread about flac scene trackers at the bittorent section. Pretty much everything is discussed there already, nothing I could add. So, good luck, I guess.

mjmacky
12-18-2011, 12:16 AM

Underage FLACs, now I'm interested.

DeadPoet
12-18-2011, 12:25 AM

I wasn't referring to an age. :whistling

mjmacky
12-18-2011, 12:41 AM

I wasn't referring to an age. :whistling

That'll work too.

IdolEyes787
12-18-2011, 01:29 AM
I took the liberty to ask in another post my dear Eyes, hope that my oportunism doesn't offend you.

It does but less so then namedropping in futile attempt to impress so please don't let that stop you.

Campodetenis (**with violins in the background**):
"Once I was in lots of trackers doing lost of downloading and seeding and what not. Now I'm only member of a few, rarely grab anything other than music and, for insanity reasons, prefer scene releases. I'm too old and too busy to be quoting or spamming a forum just to climb the tracker ladder. This has worked for me in the past and I hope it works now. For four years this place has been a good place to come and get an invite just because, but hey, if it's too much hassle for top users to go and read every request and post on how innadecuate it is, I'll stop my bumping. I think I can bribe a good ol' friend who got me to E**** back in the day -just for introducing him to the torrenting world-, to go and pull some strings or extort somebody into an invite :happy:. "

Btw I would have written something longer, probably thrown in another quote or two as well , but I have an important appointment with the couch that I simply can't miss.

campodetenis
12-29-2011, 04:05 AM
...but I have an important appointment with the couch that I simply can't miss.

I bet you do.

Ok. In order to stop the bad blood, and to show my character to possible benefactors, instead of bumping senseless, I’m going to post some reviews of what I consider the best “mainstream” albums of 2011, in the genre of rock-indie-electrowhateverfunkylabelyouwhanttoputin. I encourage members to discuss the reviews or/and the albums to help me get the thread back up, but please start your post with a reference to a bump or so (you know, to stay on topic). Hope this effort shows my appreciation to the members that, in the past (and hopefully the future), have filled my requests.

I apologize in advance for any spelling/grammar errors, as english is not my native language.

Battles – Gloss Drop (Or Gloss Drop Battles: A wave-particle duality)

Gloss Drop starts long before the sound waves reach the listener: the music has been in the room all this time, the play button is only a decider. Like a rock thrown into a pond, the point-wise sounds of Africastle start to expand until long waves are achieved and the musical landscape is full. In this manner, the New York based “experimental rock” trio Battles shows us the duality between waves and particles, sometimes as corks floating in watery music, sometimes as mechanical tides of loops and riffs. By the hand of machine man John Stainer, Futura and Inchworm are examples of how the relation between localized sounds and full blown atmospheres is more an equivalence than a transition.

Like an overly wound up toy, Wall Street spill its pieces in a frenzy of madness that remind us how the insanity of the 1% must sound like. Later on, with the voice of Gary Numan, My Machines develops in a workshop of bleeps and blups of corpuscular music; in Dominican Fade, the equivalence games start all over again: circular patterns create full envelopes of sound, generating doubt among the listeners: “Am I hearing specks of vibration, or oscillations of the watery corks?”

A brief interlude is presented in Toddler, where sweet sounds expand the road to a schizophrenic Rolls Bayce, worthy soundtrack of any El Santo movie. Over and over, soundlike solutions are offered by the aggrupation, like in White Electric crescendo, another propagating flood of mots.

As a final exam, we find Sundown (Feat. Yamantaka Eye) and its instrumental encore: the duality has been proven. Once waves, once particles, the elegant manifestations of light, sound and soul, appear and disappear on the musicians whim; creators of bubbles, the performers fool around the oiled machinery, leaving the spectator with the decision of dancing to the wave, to the particle, or to embrace the duality.

The record stops but the music remains in the room. Gloss Drop, by Battles, is Quantum Physics 101.

In beloved memory of another great machine man, Jerry Fuchs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF0ZxA130u4

Burnsy
12-29-2011, 04:13 AM
I think I can bribe a good ol' friend who got me to E**** back in the day -just for introducing him to the torrenting world-, to go and pull some strings or extort somebody into an invite :happy:. "

Did that not work then?

campodetenis
12-29-2011, 04:25 AM
Did that not work then?

We've been in retirement mode for a long time, and the extortion hasn't worked as I expected: turns out nowadays is normal to dress like a chicken during prostate exams ;).

Burnsy
12-29-2011, 04:33 AM
Now I'm only member of a few, rarely grab anything other than music and, for insanity reasons, prefer scene releases.

Might be handy if a prospective inviter knew which trackers those were, and could maybe check your profiles there for him/herself?

campodetenis
12-29-2011, 08:16 AM
Might be handy if a prospective inviter knew which trackers those were, and could maybe check your profiles there for him/herself?

In due time my dear Burnsy, in due time...

Cut-Copy-Paste
12-29-2011, 09:04 AM
@Campodetenis

idk why but FST wont show post made by u. Says no result found.

As I can see SCC does not have continous upload of FLAC. Last upload was made on 19 Dec then 8 dec n so on. Although it does have healthy collection of it.

Shoot me out some Stats in PM asap.

Lastly will you be using Auto Downloader or browse and search way? My previous invitees to scc havent been very bright in terms of usage hence extra cautious.

IdolEyes787
12-29-2011, 01:52 PM

In due time my dear Burnsy, in due time...

Pointless bump .
For fuck's sake either the question or don't.Btw I read your reviews and thanks for basically killing my enjoyment of music forever you pretentious twat.:angry:

anon
12-29-2011, 05:52 PM
@Campodetenis

idk why but FST wont show post made by u. Says no result found.

Search is broken as Sphinx is being worked on. Probably abusable by a few traders.

Cut-Copy-Paste
12-31-2011, 05:46 AM
~~done~~

campodetenis
12-31-2011, 07:41 AM
Pointless bump .
For fuck's sake either the question or don't.Btw I read your reviews and thanks for basically killing my enjoyment of music forever you pretentious twat.:angry:
Mine or yours?
My biggest pretention was that you were smarter than a highschooler. Now, stop trolling my thread and go back to the couch boy!

~~done~~

Thanks a lot CCP!