PDA

View Full Version : Have a quarries to know

ElitUser
12-14-2011, 06:50 PM
One private tracker asking to its members to donate money to run their server and the money target is 2000 usd.
My question is how come a non-english private tracker need 2000 usd every month to run a private tracker site. This private tracker does not have any scene release, no international TV series, has poor quality video of TV program only for a particular country even no non-scene releases from reputed group, though 2 or 3 reputed group can be seen and those torrent are copy paste from other non-english private tracker.

So is it really need 2000 usd every month to run that kind of private tracker or they are earning those money for their pocket, though staff member refuge that kind of allegation.

anon
12-14-2011, 07:09 PM
It's BWTorrents, right?

Joillin
12-14-2011, 07:15 PM
How many users does said private tracker have?

Joillin

ElitUser
12-14-2011, 07:22 PM
It's BWTorrents, right?
:cool::rolleyes::whistling

so do you have any idea how much it's cost to run a tracker site ?

Burnsy
12-14-2011, 09:04 PM
Well it's just before Christmas right? Gotta get the cash for presents from somewhere...

absent_today
12-15-2011, 01:46 AM
Every second day a thread is created asking for donation at bwt

R3zN1ck5
12-15-2011, 04:22 AM
Yeah they keep nagging every other month with donation falling short kinda a bullshit.I don't believe they need 2000$ so I don't donate them a single penny.
This could have been realistic for vast and huge communities like what.cd (and to which I am more than happy to donate) but trackers like BwT,go fuck your self.

ElitUser
12-15-2011, 11:54 AM
to running a private tracker site never needs 2000$ per month. I am not running private tracker site but have good idea.

anon
12-15-2011, 05:53 PM
I am not running private tracker site but have good idea.

Then why do you ask me if I have an idea of how much running a tracker can cost? At least I didn't reply back because I honestly don't know. :unsure:

ElitUser
12-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Then why do you ask me if I have an idea of how much running a tracker can cost? At least I didn't reply back because I honestly don't know. :unsure:

Because I want to verify that which I know it is correct and that is why I am opening this thread for the discussion. Because I could be wrong.

Joillin
12-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Well, if you let me know how many roughly how users are on the tracker, how many torrents and how many seeders, you can do a rough traffic guess, and processor guess, and then work out how many servers would be needed to host that much volume, and then work out a price from there.

Alternatively, you could use the numbers above, to compare the amount of $2000 to other trackers e.g. PTP which has a monthly donation target of $700, if they are way off then you know they are out to "scam".

A quick bit of research will do wonders...

Joillin