PDA

View Full Version : Who Knows What Youhavedownloaded.com?

Malcontent
12-16-2011, 12:43 AM
http://krebsonsecurity.com/2011/12/who-knows-what-youhavedownloaded-com/

It tracks and records information that users share when they download and upload files on public peer-to-peer file-trading networks. But the free service does have the potential to make people think twice about downloading pirated movies, games and music, because it shows how easily this information can be discovered and archived.

So far, youhavedownloaded.com has recorded more than 50 million unique Internet addresses belonging to file-sharing users. The site is searchable by file name and by Internet address. When you visit, it automatically checks and lets you know if your Internet address is in the database.

anon
12-16-2011, 01:00 AM
I checked this site out when it was featured on TF. Because of dynamic IPs, it traced me to a province I don't live on, and said I downloaded a copy of MW3, which I didn't. :D

Apparently, you can remove your address from the database.

Night0wl
12-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Site says I am either using private trackers or don't use torrents at all. But then again they can't scrape everything and the only stuff I download is old and hard to find anywhere except on public trackers.

zot
12-17-2011, 06:55 AM
I have a feeling that this story may have a lot of legs, and reveal a lot of hypocrites within the copyright protection racket.

Quarterquack
12-19-2011, 11:38 PM
So far, youhavedownloaded.com has recorded more than 50 million unique Internet addresses belonging to file-sharing users.

Throw 2.5% of the online populace in jail. Scumbag pirates.

allstar323
12-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Saw this recently,checked it out and i have no history,but all I do is private trackers.