PDA

View Full Version : Are there any film sites that aren't torrents?

jckinnick
12-18-2011, 06:08 PM
Anybody know of any sites like Passthepopcorn but that do not use torrents?

DeadPoet
12-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Not a member of PtP so I wouldn't know but ShareBus is good source for movies.

jckinnick
12-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Not a member of PtP so I wouldn't know but ShareBus is good source for movies.

Cool thanks, to be more specific i was looking for more new independent releases and some older Criterion stuff.

zot
12-18-2011, 10:03 PM
There are many kinds of "non-torrent" sources of files. DDL sites. NZB sites. (I usuallly just use raw search engines)

As well as other P2Ps, like ED2K sites and DC hubs. Even IRC.

Take your pick.

Artemis
12-19-2011, 12:38 AM
Retroflix is a DDL site specifically for older movies (including the Criterion collection).

jckinnick
12-19-2011, 02:50 AM
Thanks for the suggestions Retroflix looks good but its an invite only site.

What is NZB sites?

anon
12-19-2011, 02:55 AM
What is NZB sites?

NZBs are files that allow you to initiate a Usenet download. Read this (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/384765-Noob-s-guide-to-usenet) if you aren't familiar.

jckinnick
12-20-2011, 02:58 AM
If anybody knows of any that are film blogs as well. Something like Music is Amazing or nodatta but for films.

zot
12-20-2011, 04:14 AM
BTW, I noticed that there are TWO Retroflix sites, one has open registration.

Hiccup
12-20-2011, 10:18 PM
Probably your best bet at the moment is a combo of warez-bb and tehparadox. If you search, almost everything should be there, minus the really, really obscure/foreign related. It kind of depends of what kind of films you are after.

jckinnick
12-21-2011, 03:54 AM
Probably your best bet at the moment is a combo of warez-bb and tehparadox. If you search, almost everything should be there, minus the really, really obscure/foreign related. It kind of depends of what kind of films you are after.

Is warez bb a invite only site?

anon
12-21-2011, 04:18 AM

Not unless they've changed that recently (and I doubt it). Usually, anyone may create an account. However, registrations are known to close at times, rendering them completely closed unless you know someone willing to share their access.

bijoy
12-21-2011, 06:50 AM

+1. warez-bb + tehparadox + premium membership at any filehosting service is best combo for begineers.

Hiccup
12-21-2011, 07:46 AM

+1. warez-bb + tehparadox + premium membership at any filehosting service is best combo for begineers.

You don't even have to have premium membership necessarily anymore. Most things are, or can be, found on multiple hosters, so a simply queue up in jdownloader and you're good to go usually.

johhny
12-21-2011, 11:08 AM
+1. warez-bb + tehparadox + premium membership at any filehosting service is best combo for begineers.[/QUOTE]

Not only for begineers;this combo i use it and it's the best also feel free to use some search engines like filestube.com,filetram.com,filesonicsearch.com etc

anon
12-21-2011, 04:57 PM
You don't even have to have premium membership necessarily anymore. Most things are, or can be, found on multiple hosters, so a simply queue up in jdownloader and you're good to go usually.

There was a plugin for jD to somewhat solve this... but most dominating hosters use captchas for free users, meaning you have to be there to type them and rendering "unattended" downloading impossible.

ZANKAR
12-21-2011, 05:53 PM
anon u are running a marathon race, hats off

anon
12-21-2011, 05:59 PM
anon u are running a marathon race, hats off

Eeer... thanks? :unsure:

Hiccup
12-22-2011, 10:28 AM

There was a plugin for jD to somewhat solve this... but most dominating hosters use captchas for free users, meaning you have to be there to type them and rendering "unattended" downloading impossible.

That is somewhat true, however, if you are already by your computer, then the captchas pop up when using jdownloader and it becomes less of an issue. Also, there are several hosters (3 that I can think of right off the top of my head) that do not require captchas, might be a bit slower than for premium, but work just as well as premium counterparts when queued or left unattended. I think it is much less of an issue now than it was in the past with the bevy of hosters available now. Many sites split the files so that they're interchangeable across multiple hosters as well.

bijoy
12-22-2011, 09:05 PM
^^ Simply get premimum perbership if you can afford it. Hassle free downloading. ;)

[QUOTE=Hiccup;3637839]

No way!!

gamesover
12-24-2011, 03:59 AM
BTW, I noticed that there are TWO Retroflix sites, one has open registration.

There's only one retroflix and they had open signups a month or two back I believe.

cheloviek
01-04-2012, 09:30 AM
do you have an invitation for retroflix? it would be appreciated

Spillage
01-04-2012, 12:25 PM
The best DDL site that fits your movie criteria is http://www.surrealmoviez.info

mills
01-04-2012, 03:03 PM
we are talking DDLs right ? dos x264-bb count ? they are pretty good tho they only focus on HD content