PDA

View Full Version : System requirements for Battlefield 3/Need for Speed Run?

whatcdfan
12-20-2011, 02:14 PM
I've downloaded both the games but haven't installed them, I checked my hardware with "systemrequirementslab" and it concluded that my hardware doesn't meet the minimum requirements to install/run the games, I think I've the minimum required hardware on paper so I'm confused.
Need for speed the run requires 3 GB RAM which I have but "systemrequirementslab" concluded that I've 2.8 GB so the game can't be installed.
As for Battlefield 3 my video card isn't compatible. It requires Shader version 4.0 and above though I've 4.0 but different graphic card that also has 1GB memory so I meet the requirements but I'm confused what to do:unsure:

Here's my hardware configuration-
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02743049&cc=ad&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_inen

Here's the result of "systemrequirementslab" with Battlefield 3-
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02743049&cc=ad&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_inen

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thank you.

tesco
12-20-2011, 11:37 PM
You have two vid cards by the sounds of it, an integrated vid card and a pci-express one.
The integrated one is using some of your system ram that's why nfs reports 2.8gb, and battlefield 3 is detecting the integrated card and saying it's not compatible.

If i'm right, go into your bios and find an option to disable the onboard/integrated graphics.

edit: or maybe instead of bios, you can go into device manager in windows and right click the integrated graphics and choose disable.

stoi
12-21-2011, 01:58 PM
If you have them just install them and see, they probably didnt cost you anything, so its about 20 minutes of your time to see if they work or not, if not just uninstall, if they do, dont trust SRL anymore.

bijoy
12-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Intel HD Graphics can't run BF3 or NFS run. End of line.
As you are saying that your have a 'different' graphics card, I will suggest you to mention the exact model number of that card along with the amount of VRAM.

Or, download CPU-Z & post the screensot of the Graphics tab. If you have more than two graphics adapters, do post more than one picsure selecting one at a time.

Also your post looks somewhat wrong to me as you can't add graphics card at the pci-e slot inside a laptop. So, screenshot is necessary.