PDA

View Full Version : .wma Files (funky Capricorn?)

jokerfmj
02-09-2003, 07:14 AM
Ok, I know you're really into music, Funky Capricorn, so I thought you might know this...

I downloaded a WMA that was about 1.15MB, it was a full song, and it sounded as good as a 4MB MP3 file...

So is the compression to quality loss just much better on WMA's than MP3's?

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-09-2003, 07:57 AM
:D WMA is a bigger file,of course its going to sound better...but look at the size :o .MP3 sounds just as good as WMA its just much smaller.I only download 160 bitrate or higher...unless its something rare...and even then I run it throuigh EncSpot. :D

Dapadipz
02-09-2003, 01:27 PM
well i dnt like wmas. when i use winamp 3 they buffer and u cant edit their tags. the size is only advantage as they keep quality. mite b just me though :D

jetje
02-09-2003, 02:36 PM
stick to mp3. WMA can be good quality though.
Reasons to stay to mp3:
wma is from microsoft you know they will put a limit somewhere on it as soon they've taken over the market. (they actually already can do things for copyrighted material)
mp3 is a big standard nowadays, there are far more mp3's out there as wma.

although WMA files are smaller i like the sound from an mp3 file more. Think the encoding is nicer.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-09-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@9 February 2003 - 02:57
:D WMA is a bigger file,of course its going to sound better...but look at the size :o .MP3 sounds just as good as WMA its just much smaller.I only download 160 bitrate or higher...unless its something rare...and even then I run it throuigh EncSpot. :D
:o I was drunk as hell when I posted this when I got home...I was thinking of wave files for some reason :o

jokerfmj
02-10-2003, 08:06 PM
What is EncSpot?

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-10-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by jokerfmj@10 February 2003 - 15:06
What is EncSpot?
:D It checks the quality of your songs and lets you know if they are good or not.I don't use it that much anymore cause all I download is 160 bitrate or higher.But if you can only find that song/album in 128 bitrate it comes in handy.Would give you the link but they seem to be down now. :huh: