PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Back

tesco
12-26-2011, 10:59 PM
:wave:

We moved to a new server.

If anyone notices any issues, let us know here.

Known issues:

DNS update might take a while for some ISPs, so they won't be able to browse the site until then, nothing can be done about that
max upload size is 8mb. This affects NZBs mainly, but should be fixed soon
sphinx is not installed, so search will not work until then, again should be fixed soon

Cabalo
12-26-2011, 11:02 PM
No DNS problems on my side.

It's good to be back, it was less than 24 hours, but seemed a lot longer.

FireMan
12-26-2011, 11:14 PM
Is back again, good sir.

Good job.;)

tesco
12-26-2011, 11:31 PM
The site seems faster to me, anyone else?

mjmacky
12-26-2011, 11:33 PM
Seems faster to me too. I remember when there was a site change before it knocked out google's search. Since this was a migration, I'm guessing it won't be affected this time and google can be used to search, right?

FireMan
12-26-2011, 11:48 PM
Much better for me, no comparison!!

It was a little slow in months.

Thanks!!!!

megabyteme
12-27-2011, 04:12 AM
All appears to be working well for me. Was surprised that the site was down for the whole day- now that I have read the reason, it is praise worthy that we are back together so soon. Kudos to those who got the work done so quickly. We are certainly spoiled by such a reliable track-record here that, as Cabalo mentioned, seemed like much longer than a single day.

The site improvements- screen resolution upped to 1080p, and the inclusion of 7.1 DTS surround make that day of down-time well worth it!

anigav
12-27-2011, 04:55 AM
Great job every one. The playback seems to be faster now.

The site improvements- screen resolution upped to 1080p, and the inclusion of 7.1 DTS surround make that day of down-time well worth it!

I am not getting 7.1, I am only getting 5.1 that too Dolby. Any settings that need to be changed?

whatcdfan
12-27-2011, 05:27 AM
Yeah, definetly a little faster.

Good work.:)

Edit: My post history has vanished all together, along with the threads I started:( Any idea what might be the problem?

mjmacky
12-27-2011, 05:53 AM
Edit: My post history has vanished all together, along with the threads I started:( Any idea what might be the problem?

Actually mine are a little whacked out too. I see my posts from yesterday and between July 30th-August 2nd.
Only see 2 of my started threads, one started yesterday, the other on Dec 19th.

tesco
12-27-2011, 04:36 PM
Yeah, definetly a little faster.

Good work.:)

Actually mine are a little whacked out too. I see my posts from yesterday and between July 30th-August 2nd.
Only see 2 of my started threads, one started yesterday, the other on Dec 19th.

These are caused by the sphinx search not being set up.
I will look into this now and see if they finished.

edit: Search is back now. Everything posted since the server move until now will be missing from search until tomorrow.

Cabalo
12-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Now all we need is jdye back and we're set.

anon
12-27-2011, 09:10 PM
Fuck me and my Acrylic DNS cache. No wonder it was taking so long. :pinch:

Nice to see the site back.

megabyteme
12-28-2011, 03:52 AM

That's not a glitch, that was by request. :mellow:

anon
01-02-2012, 08:43 PM
It seems the vBulletin software was updated again, and I've noticed a few nice features already... but it seems BT rep is gone from postbits regardless of whether people chose to hide it?

"Post areas" in profiles seem to be broken, also.

tesco
01-03-2012, 02:06 AM
It seems the vBulletin software was updated again, and I've noticed a few nice features already... but it seems BT rep is gone from postbits regardless of whether people chose to hide it?

"Post areas" in profiles seem to be broken, also.
Post areas appears fine for me what's wrong?

As for the BT thing, I will need to work on that because they changed some related code.

anon
01-03-2012, 02:34 AM
Post areas appears fine for me what's wrong?

When I clicked the tab, nothing showed up below where the list should be. But now it works fine. :idunno:

anon
01-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Also, when I do a new posts search with my custom exclude URL, the results show three pages. The first one isn't long enough to be split ("Results 1 to 10 of 54"?), and accessing the other two gives a "no matches" error.

mjmacky
01-04-2012, 06:24 AM
Is there suddenly a lot more activity, the fast speeds I experienced after the switch seem to have degraded to its prior state (~15 s page load times).

anon
01-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Is there suddenly a lot more activity, the fast speeds I experienced after the switch seem to have degraded to its prior state (~15 s page load times).

Still lightning fast here :)

Cabalo
01-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Not really, we are yet on the average 800~1000 users simultaneously browsing the board.

Sometimes I have slower loading times on pages, but never those 15 seconds. Maximum 5 seconds, but I can't find any pattern on this.

mjmacky
01-05-2012, 06:47 AM
Yeah before the move I would consistently see 3-10 s load times, then they were nearly instantaneous after the move. At the time of my earlier post, though, I actually timed it to 15 s (i.e. was NOT a guestimation). At the moment, they are near instantaneous again. No pattern discovery here either.

tesco
01-07-2012, 12:59 AM
Yeah before the move I would consistently see 3-10 s load times, then they were nearly instantaneous after the move. At the time of my earlier post, though, I actually timed it to 15 s (i.e. was NOT a guestimation). At the moment, they are near instantaneous again. No pattern discovery here either.
It will always happen at certain times, such as if a mod deletes a whole bunch of posts, or a large NZB is uploaded, or a scheduled task is running like sitemap generating, backups running, or sphinx re-indexing, etc.
If it happens a lot, like on our old server, that is an issue.

anon
01-20-2012, 03:58 AM
I've been getting a lot of the aforementioned server lags and "too busy" errors the last few days...

mjmacky
01-20-2012, 10:30 AM
I've been getting a lot of the aforementioned server lags and "too busy" errors the last few days...

Dit toe

Additionally, all my single posts are trying to doublepost.

Burnsy
01-20-2012, 12:09 PM

Same here... taking up to a minute to loads some ages and that's never happened before

tesco
01-20-2012, 05:17 PM
We know about the issues and we're working on it.

elpajaroloco
01-21-2012, 06:45 AM
so far so good, Thanks for everithing!!;)

tesco
01-21-2012, 10:31 PM
so far so good, Thanks for everithing!!;)Yup, site seems to have run great all last night and today, I see no complaints.

I want to thank x00 (http://filesharingtalk.com/members/246875-x00) who offered to help me in tweaking the server, which we are still working on. :)

anon
01-21-2012, 11:05 PM
No relation, but yesterday I found FST is on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wordfilter#cite_ref-0

tesco
01-21-2012, 11:22 PM
That's hilarious. :lol:
Incase it disappears at some point, the citation is linking to this: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/lounge/t-when-did-we-get-wordfilter-88125

I don't really see why it's in there. :unsure:

anon
01-22-2012, 12:13 AM
I'm guessing the editor wanted to provide an example of a word filter doing its job, and was a member on FST...

tesco
01-22-2012, 12:20 AM
It's also an old link, since it has the vb3 in it, which means 1) it must have been there a long time and 2) my redirects actually work :lol: