PDA

View Full Version : How Long Did It Take You To Beat The Game?

mr. nails
12-27-2011, 11:57 PM
I like knowing how long games take to beat. It basically provides information on whether or not I have time to play it or if I even want to play it to begin with.

Jamestown - Took me 2.5 hours
Bulletstorm - Took me 8.5 hours
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter/The Second Encounter - I've only beaten this game in co-op mode - 3 hours each
Torchlight - 13 hours
Gatling Gears - 6 hours
Shank - 4 hours
Brink - 13 hours
Borderlands (Main game) - 36 hours
Bastion - 10 hours
A.R.E.S - 3 hours

These are all my recent games with the times it took me to beat it. Sure, I've beaten a whole lot more... but don't remember the times. Nowadays, I use Steam to log my times of gameplay.

What's your game times? Completionist or not.

Quarterquack
01-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Borderlands is a cheap one to list. Forcing the player to play twice, and then releasing extra DLC's is annoying. I've finished the entire game, except for the Arena DLC. There's no way I'm playing the same challenge 150 times for a skill point. The time I have listed is 23 hours.

The last one I finished recently:
Dungeon Siege III - 12.5 hours

Going to start Jamestown and Okamiden today.

mr. nails
01-02-2012, 03:08 AM
WoW, u musta just ran thru the game for only logging 23 hours. took me nearly 13 more hours just for the main game and i believe that's the time it took me the 2nd time thru as well. NOT the 2nd playthrough, just a 2nd time... meaning from the very beginning.

I got DS3 and started it, but it didn't really jump out at me. I will play it and finish it though... at least try. I did like Dungeon Siege 1 though. Back in the day it had very pretty environments. DS2 on the other hand I never really cared for it and I've tried to play it twice.

Quarterquack
01-02-2012, 04:53 AM
WoW, u musta just ran thru the game for only logging 23 hours. took me nearly 13 more hours just for the main game and i believe that's the time it took me the 2nd time thru as well. NOT the 2nd playthrough, just a 2nd time... meaning from the very beginning.

I got DS3 and started it, but it didn't really jump out at me. I will play it and finish it though... at least try. I did like Dungeon Siege 1 though. Back in the day it had very pretty environments. DS2 on the other hand I never really cared for it and I've tried to play it twice.

I played as a sniper which sped things up. Between reloads release gullwing, after reload headshot 2-3 times for a kill. I got annoyed because I got the scrapyard bug where after exiting one door, I was led right to the start again. That wasted a good 5-10 minutes. I pride myself in speed runs of FPS's in particular. I'm actually really slow in RPG's and incredibly slow in RTS's.

My favorite genre is the turn-based strategy RPG (a la king's bounty, heroes etc.), so you can see what kind of person I am.

RPG"s on the other hand not so much. DS1 was brilliant, DS2 was alright, DS3 was abysmal. They broke the entire game and made a very linear dungeon crawling experience.

mr. nails
01-03-2012, 12:39 AM
Rage - 15 hours

I really liked the game. It was fun and easy to get in to, but the ending was just so terribad it ruined it and can't recommend it to anyone. Perhaps with some DLC (which is dumb) it'll flesh out some more story and possibly a better ending.

mr. nails
01-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Dead Space - 11 hours

Fantastic game! I'll be honest though... the game did in fact make my stomach a little queezy. I get the sweats and stomach cramps when I play shit like this. I think the scariest thing in these games are worrying about running out of ammo.

I did play the PC version and did run into a few problems. First, you NEED to turn off vsync from within the game then enable it from your graphics drivers. Second, my games timer reset on me once at 4 hours in so I restarted from a previous save file and that fixed it. Third, playing it on Steam whenever I got pm'd from someone if I responded to them I'd get the Windows 7 cog wheel thingy or the mouse cursor stuck on the in game screen. Had to exit game then reenter to fix this.

Other than my problems I had it was still a very good game! Can't wait to play Dead Space 2!

iLOVENZB
01-04-2012, 01:22 PM
How can you finish a game so fast? Figures like this make me feel like a casual gamer. I like to play around with the world, do all the side missions and take my time. I only play a few hours every day and find it harder and harder to finish a game. I'm not sure if games are just getting shit, I'm maturing out of the phase or I'm become a console casual gamer.

I take it you didn't finish these in one sitting nails?

mr. nails
01-04-2012, 03:55 PM
How can you finish a game so fast? I take it you didn't finish these in one sitting nails?

So fast? How so? Dead Space averages 12 hours for most ppl that I've read and I did it in 1 hours less time.

As for one sitting? LoL, no way. If you're talking about the fact I've listed the games I have in such a short period of time.. well, my 1st post is all the ones I've completed recently. Rage I just finished last month and booted it up to see my logged hours. Dead Space I beat this morning.

mr. nails
01-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Hard Reset - 4.5 hours

It was pretty decent. Once you learned what weapons were OP just upgrade those and you're golden.

mr. nails
01-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Limbo - 3.5 hours

I needed help 6 times and died a massive amount of times. I loved the art design. It was great! The game in itself was very simple, but challenging as hell. It was fun too, but pissed me off all the same.

Funkin'
01-07-2012, 10:52 PM
How can you finish a game so fast? Figures like this make me feel like a casual gamer. I like to play around with the world, do all the side missions and take my time.

I simply hate the terms 'casual' or 'core' gamer. If you play games, then you're a gamer. Plain and simple. But...if I have to put a label on someone who plays games, then I definitely wouldn't consider you as 'casual' if you take your time, explore every inch of the game, and do every side mission. My girl for example just plows through a game as fast as she can. She misses so many things that in my opinion there's no way that she's fully enjoying the game. So again, if I had to label her I would consider her to be a 'casual' gamer.

But there's no right or wrong to how to play a game, or what games you play so that's why I hate those terms(I think Gamefaqs really got me starting to hate those terms since they're tossed around all the time). Some people take their time and some people speed through. Everyone has their preference.

Miked
01-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Been playing skyrim like forever amd recently completed the mainquest. Anyone know how i can see the time i spent in the game?

tianxing
01-21-2012, 11:12 AM
angry birs---one week

marklefe
02-16-2012, 03:01 AM
borderlands 20 hours first playthrough
rage - 15 hours
new vegas - 60 hours
Skyrim - 55 Hours
Street fighter 4 - 1000+ hours

dante_0816
03-01-2012, 08:05 AM
wow---3 month? maybe...
from 1-85, later will be 90 level..
You can't catch up Blizzard's foot all the time.
through you can play all roles...

djjj99
03-03-2012, 06:31 AM
Lol challenge between friends but I beat Pokemon Red in 3:46