PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Any What invites out there?

tralalala
12-29-2011, 02:27 PM
As the title goes.. I'm seeking an invite, since I can't take the interview (banned country, would you believe it).

If people need proof of speed etc., I have a 20MB connection, and some 300GB buffer on another well known site. (I could send the screens by PM).

Thanks.

whatcdfan
12-29-2011, 02:49 PM
I have a 20MB connection

You being in Israel, that's very interesting.

anon
12-29-2011, 05:48 PM
If you've had an account in the past, it should be recoverable via IRC. Otherwise...

tralalala
12-29-2011, 07:18 PM
@whatcdfan - You sound sceptic. I'd be happy to send you a screenshot. No, I don't have a 20MB UP connection. It's 20 down, and roughly 1-1.5 up (on good days...).

We're not quite in Scandinavia.

@anon - You suggesting you have an invite..? I've only ever been on OiNK, and had a period of walking through Soulseek.. Hardly as simple as using a torrent site.

cinephilia
12-29-2011, 07:25 PM
how about you try the what.cd interview ?

http://www.whatinterviewprep.com/howtojoin.html

tralalala
12-29-2011, 07:27 PM
As stated - Being from Israel automatically limits me to obtainng an invite only through someone who is already registered. The invites IRC channel kicks me as soon as it picks up the IP range from Israel. I've asked one of the mods about this - He simply said I can get an invite from an existing member.

It seems it's just the invites channel that's banned, and I'm not planning on entering though a proxy.

anon
12-29-2011, 07:28 PM
@anon - You suggesting you have an invite..? I've only ever been on OiNK, and had a period of walking through Soulseek.. Hardly as simple as using a torrent site.

Sadly I do not. It was more of a hint at your unfortunately limited options, given the fact you can't do the interview and What's staff are pretty strict about public giveaways and such.

how about you try the what.cd interview ?

http://www.whatinterviewprep.com/howtojoin.html

I thought of that, then I read the first line of his post :P

tralalala
12-29-2011, 07:30 PM
That's the problem, I wasn't sure whether to open this thread or not, but I don't seem to have any other options (aside from surfing through a proxy, which doesn't seem to be a pretty acceptable solution).

cinephilia
12-29-2011, 07:34 PM
As stated - Being from Israel automatically limits me to obtainng an invite only through someone who is already registered. The invites IRC channel kicks me as soon as it picks up the IP range from Israel. I've asked one of the mods about this - He simply said I can get an invite from an existing member.

It seems it's just the invites channel that's banned, and I'm not planning on entering though a proxy.
then pm your mail.

I thought of that, then I read the first line of his post :P
i must admit this has become an automatic reply :shutup:

anon
12-29-2011, 07:36 PM
(aside from surfing through a proxy, which doesn't seem to be a pretty acceptable solution).

It'll get you banned according the rules.

i must admit this has become an automatic reply :shutup:

Yes, to be honest I feel the same way. Most What.cd request threads are the same.

tralalala
12-29-2011, 07:44 PM
I know, that's why I'm not planning on using it as an option :)

@cinephilia - Sent. Thanks.

cinephilia
12-29-2011, 07:46 PM
wait, are you sure you can get invited without causing problems to your inviter ? i'm a 4 years member; i would get mad if i lost my account.

tralalala
12-29-2011, 07:51 PM
A mod on the IRC channel claimed that I can get invited by a registered member, it's just the invites section of the IRC network I can't access.

cinephilia
12-29-2011, 07:55 PM
ok, let's give it a try.